Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 PM
GNE

Stone's for creativity/writer's block type of problem...

Hi all,
Long story short, I've been stuck in an artistic "rut" for almost a year now.
Whenever I come up with something that I think I want to write about, it seems days (or even hours) later I don't care for it anymore. This has been the cycle for quite a while now.

Overall I just don't seem to have any inspiration or "wow, I really want to work on that!" feelings as I used to have often in the past.

Any gem's recommended for such issues?

Note: it's an issue since my "career" is filmmaking and I've been trying to finish a screenplay all this time. But after so much editing and lack of passion for various ideas, I now am not even sure what it is I want to write about.

Maybe that's the main thing...any stones to help me find what it is I "Want" to create?

Labradorite? (when I googled, various sites seem to place it under creativity....but then others say it's more of a meditation/intuition sort.)

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello GNE,

I was just looking up a crystal and came across this ~

Carnelian also known as an artist's stone, awakens hidden talents and gifts. Carnelian is a stone of creativity and inspiration in all forms of art particularly drama and theatre.

I also thought Citrine was helpful with creativity, but when I looked it up, it wasn't mentioned. It did say Citrine helps with imagination, which I would think... should help with creativity too. Imagination helps with creativity.

You can also ask the Angels for help with creative ideas, I have done this and it worked for me

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 08-05-2012, 05:22 PM
GNE

Thanks for the reply!
Really helps since whenever I looked to my gem collection for help and to decide which gem(s) to carry with me during the day, citrine and carnelian were always two that were "nominated" or chosen.
I have plenty of citrine, but only one carnelian and it's a bit small for my liking. I think I'll try to buy a larger one, possibly a palm stone soon.

Any other stones?

I only ask since I've been carrying citrine and had no luck breaking out of this "lack of inspiration" rut.

How's sodalite? I read various sites and one book call it the "writer's stone".
Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Quagmire

What genre do you write or want to write?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNE
Thanks for the reply!
Really helps since whenever I looked to my gem collection for help and to decide which gem(s) to carry with me during the day, citrine and carnelian were always two that were "nominated" or chosen.

You are welcome GNE ! It seems your crystals are "speaking " to you, if those two are already the ones chosen.

Maybe your citrine needs recharging ?

or maybe try adding an affirmation in the morning when you wake up ? something like "today is going to be an exceptionally creative day for me ! I will have an unlimited number of imaginative and creative thoughts flowing to me " and say this several times during the day.

He is very good with imagination ~ any other creative ideas for GNE ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Quagmire

I actually thought you could use yourself a Muse, the Olympian nine are very fun to work with. I found this page saying that Tourmaline is thought to bring favor from the Muses.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Deactivated Account

I like the idea of a Muse

GNE ~ here are a few more suggestions

Tigers Eye heals issues of blocked creativity

Lapis Lazuli encourages creativity thru attunement to the source

Aventurine enhances creativity

Pink Chalcedony encourages storytelling as a form of creativity

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Quagmire

It is also a good idea to sleep with the stone under your pillow (at least in the start) to get your energies aligned, this will help you to better access what you want out of the stone.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:28 PM
GNE

Thanks for all the replies!
Interesting both people with "dream" as their name are helping me here.

as for the genre, I tend to write a more dramatic type, but with some action, though not nearly enough to be considered an "action" movie at all.
Something with deep metaphors and/or life lessons and philosophies is idea. Many of my past work has had religious or spiritual overtones.
closest "popular" movie would be something like "no country for old men" as far as action vs. drama in the story.

Interesting that the stones listed are all one's I've been carrying for the past couple months off an on. (Aventurine, Tigers eye, Lapis... - except the chalcedony since I don't own any.)

Perhaps they do need recharging? But could it also be because I haven't programmed them for the right reasons or the right way?
How would I best re-charge citrine (or any stone)? I usually do it in the sunlight, but what if the weather's overcast or rainy all day and night?

My aventurine's I have for money luck.
Tiger eye for similar and for concentraion/focus
and the lapis I just use for some third-eye meditations.

Wasn't aware that tiger eye could be for blocked creativity, and aventurine for creativity too. Figured it was more of a prosperity stone (then again I didn't research much into it.)

The past week or two I have been drawn to Garnet aswell.
Could that have anything to help my "problem" ?

I will begin sleeping with a stone under my pillow that I intend to use, for the reason you wrote.

and that muse link is very interesting, I'll get into reading it after my reply here is sent. Thanks.

Tourmaline you say could help? I have a piece of black tourmaline, that's all. Maybe another color would be more useful...?

and in the end,
like you Dream Angel said,
I think a lot of this issue of mine has to do with me constantly focusing on how I am lacking inspiration and haven't written in a long time.
I should change my thoughts and say such affirming statements everyday, like the one you wrote. "Law of Attraction" style.

Thanks again!

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Deactivated Account

hello again GNE,

Very interesting that the crystals I have mentioned you are already carrying.

There are a variety of different ways to re- charge a crystal, and I have heard some people say they don't need re- charging. When I get a new crystal, I run water over it, sometimes cool water, sometimes warm... I think there is a difference, not sure, I just choose randomly. And I ask for all negativity to be released, in the case of different people handling the crystal in the store. And then I have charged most of mine in the moonlight, I am more of a night person. When I first did this with my crystals outside in the yard, I stayed awake all night ( which isn't that unusual for me ) and checked on my crystals to make sure someone didn't take them ! silly wasn't it ? LOL ! Anyways, I am not sure on how to program them, something about holding them in a particular hand and expressing what you want them to help you with ?

Speaking of money luck, citrine is also good for this.

Quote:
I think a lot of this issue of mine has to do with me constantly focusing on how I am lacking inspiration and haven't written in a long time.

This could be true. Awhile ago I remember not feeling a connection to the angels and I was asking why. I was told that because I kept saying " I don't feel a connection to the angels this was re- inforcing the idea that I didn't have a connection. " I was told to say instead " I feel connected to the angels " , which I did say numerous times... and the connection came back.

So many times, what we think, even if we don't say it ... influences what happens.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !