Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 28-12-2011, 05:11 PM
moonlight1216

Could it be related to my past lives?

Hi. :) Im a medical student. Every day I see lots of people. Sometimes I care so much for some of them and ignore others due to tiredness. And my shifts are so busy with lots of new patients while others aren't that busy.

Sometimes I wonder why am I being drawn to medicine, because I didn't want to be a doctor at first although now Im happy about my life but Im wondering who was I in my past lives that I have to see and help ( or not ) this many people in this life? Did I hurt these people in my past lives? I know that every single person that I see or communicate in my life is related to my past and there is a reason why they are here...

I would really like to know your opinion about this to help me be a better person in this life. :) Thanks.
Old 30-12-2011, 01:23 AM
nalan

I can't speak for you, but I will share what I believe.

To me, where we are born and what our passions are, are not random. We make these decisions prior to being born.

Sometimes it's related to past lives, and sometimes it isn't.

The true focus is on your life as it is now. If a past life memory shows itself, then it's here to aid you in some way.
Old 31-12-2011, 06:04 PM
moonlight1216

Thank you Nalan. :)
Old 31-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Owis

I have a different belief

I don't think YOU made any decisions about where you were born etc. However I do think that wherever your past lives come from (reincarnateion, second souls, whatever) that they have the ability to affect you as a person. This could be as you suggest, a guilty conscience or simply a wishing to help those injured on a spiritual level rather than physical (which could explain the apparently random nature with which you distribute your help)

One of my other beliefs is that while we have no strict destiny, we are guided along a certain path by the gods (or angels on behalf of the gods more often) and that they can only point the way, perhaps the people you feel most for are physically disfigured, leading you to a job in plastic surgery, leading you to make such a difference to peoples lives who have been given horrific injures.
This is only an example, and I must state this, DO NOT LOOK FOR IT! it sounds daft, but the gods will only choose people who will want to or be able to accomplish these tasks. If you keep looking for your 'destiny' and diving head long towards every 'sign' you will miss it. Live your life, do what you enjoy, and the gods will guide you to the doors they wants you to go through (if indeed they do have plans for you :P)

Finally, and I have to say this, maybe your just knakerd? being a med student is tiring, and not everything is a test from god, he wants you to live aswell!

If you think something spiritual is behind it, then meditate on the subject and maybe you will find the answers you are looking for, if indeed you are asking questions they can answer!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Newbie ;)

It is my belief that things of this nature are not necessarily karmic lessons. They could be, but it is not necessarily so. Your soul may have evolved to the point where you already are loving and caring and devoted to caring for others and it is no longer a lesson that needs to be learned.
Old 19-01-2012, 02:54 AM
nalan

Or that you are merely a part of a greater cause, and that the lesson to be learned is not yours.
Old 20-01-2012, 07:07 PM
moonlight1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalan
Or that you are merely a part of a greater cause, and that the lesson to be learned is not yours.
Nalan what do you mean by " the lesson to be learned is not yours" ? How could it not be mine? we are here to learn new lessons. Aren't we?
Old 21-01-2012, 01:41 AM
nalan

Quote:
Nalan what do you mean by " the lesson to be learned is not yours" ? How could it not be mine? we are here to learn new lessons. Aren't we?

My room-mate committed suicide 12 years ago. She blamed me and 2 other people. In retrospect, the only action I would change is that I wouldn't have been so blunt to her...but that lesson is hardly worth a person's life.

For years I've tried to make sense of her choice, to no avail, until a friend made the same comment to me, "Maybe it wasn't your lesson to learn."

I thought he was nuts, so I asked what he meant.

As we talked, I realized how many people were affected by her suicide, beyond family and friends. I recalled that I wrote individual letters to each law enforcement officer who responded that night because they were all so kind and compassionate. Perhaps one of those people needed to know how valued he/she was and is to people like me.

I recall feeling extremely compelled to write those letters, such that I obtained official police records so I could get all the names and send everyone a note of my gratitude during what was one of the most horrible times in my life.

So maybe the lesson wasn't mine. I was merely a part, a vessel. And I'm okay with that.
Old 21-01-2012, 05:09 PM
moonlight1216

I understand what you are saying but there are so much pain around me when Im working at hospital, Why should I be the person in this situation if there is nothing for me to learn? If there was a way for me to know what am I doing in this life and why someone like me has drawn to this place, everything was easier...
Old 21-01-2012, 10:21 PM
nalan

Maybe you're there because you can handle the pain?