Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 27-11-2018, 07:07 PM
Newbie ;)

Color The Power of Visualization

I had thought that visualization was all about the Law Of Attraction. This view however, changed when I got hold of the book 'Seeing with the Mind's Eye'.

I'd never found such a detailed and practical treatment of visualization. The author describes how all these psychic experiences are done through visualization. Put simply, visualization is seeing the inner reality; the inner world and outer world are inseparable. Half of the book is dedicated in discussing how the ancients used visualization for healing, magick, spiritual and materialistic needs.

I would be happy if you share your experiences with visualization and how useful it has been for you.
Old 29-11-2018, 07:01 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

I personally prefer visualizations because it allows you to achieve your specific desires.

I once visualized my ex into contacting me. The next few weeks he did send me a message but when I asked him why he just said "nothing." I realized maybe because I only visualized him holding his phone and sending me a message. I never visualized the exact content of the message. LOL

Lesson learned: Visualize completely.
Old 29-11-2018, 09:55 PM
Ascender
Wow,
Yes I can manifest things, too!
Specifics are so paramount to this stuff in the end to getting what we want in experience/relationship.
Old 14-02-2024, 10:35 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestyourreality88
Lesson learned: Visualize completely.
The more detail you can put in, the better. The Universe will manifest anything you think about often,
and that includes detailed visualisations practiced daily.
Old 14-02-2024, 01:53 PM
Thumbs up I agree :)

Oh, I never saw this thread. I would only add: And visualize or imagine
with the feeling of already having that thing come about.
(For me usually while smiling!!)

Neville Goddard's "Feeling is the Secret''!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-02-2024, 03:23 PM
Master
QUOTE 1 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash Suresh

Put simply, visualization is seeing the inner reality; the inner world and outer world are inseparable. Half of the book is dedicated in discussing how the ancients used visualization for healing, magick, spiritual and materialistic needs.

Visualizations can be a very powerful tool in healing, as you duly noted in your post, and that is the area I would like to address specifically both from a medical perspective and a spiritual perspective. I will give a very good personal example as well.

I recently attended a continuing education class for mental health professionals where the presenter was Dr. David Spiegel, MD/Psychiatrist and Professor at Stanford University Medical School. His specific topic was the use of hypnosis and the power of suggestion/visualization in curing patients. The example he gave was that of a person who had asthma with such severe complications that special equipment was necessary in order to breathe. He put the patient under hypnosis and suggested that, upon coming out of hypnosis, the patient would take a small breath,then a bigger breath, and then an even bigger breath. That is exactly what happened and the patient was able to breathe normally upon coming out of hypnosis.

From a medical perspective, he noted that, under hypnosis, the default mode network (internal chatter in simple terminology) was quieted and the power of suggestion/visualization is exponentially increased. He indicated that the same thing is possible with meditators who can quiet the mind as well as with those who can use a simple self-hypnosis technique known to yogis since time immemorial (very similar to Shambhavi Mudra, focusing on the third eye).

I've known this technique for a long time and, along with meditation (which I've done and taught freely for many years), used it successfully with a young fellow from Vienna who was diagnosed with a severe case of Ataxia (INCURABLE genetic degenerative neurological disease where his doctors told him he would soon be in a wheelchair unable to walk and eventually unable to even speak). Getting him out of depression was a challenge but, since he was already investigating meditation, he was able to quiet the mind with a little direction from me (as in Dr. Spiegel's lecture) through meditation and then I encouraged him to start visualizing a healthy recovery. When he started to get positive results, his confidence grew and, to cut a long story short, he was able to reverse the disease through meditation, visualizations, and holistic practices. For those who may be skeptical, a documentary was done on him and it won the 2021 Austrian Science Prize.

I will add one other story about a friend who didn't mediate and had no interest in spirituality. In any case, she asked what I did to facilitate my Viennese friend's recovery. I taught her the self-hypnosis technique and she began to visualize her creatine (kidney numbers) getting better. To cut a long story short, the dialysis clinic where she had been going 3 times a week for almost a year told her that she was only the second person in 9 years to get off dialysis at their clinic. This month, February 2024, is the one year anniversary of her getting off dialysis.

I could say more about the power of visualization in other areas as well, but this should suffice for now. However, I will make a brief mention of a young 20ish fellow who got into meditation intensely ... really intensely ... and, on one occasion, wrote that whatever he thought about would materialize and hence he now had to watch what he thought about.

NOTE: I got into healing and meditation after I emerged completed symptom-free from a 3-day "irreversible coma" ..... alert with a full recollection of all that had transpired during the mind-boggling, life-transforming near death experience. (Actually, my sister recently told me that it was more than an NDE as she remembers the screaming and crying when the medical staff informed the family that I had passed away ... only to return "a while later" to say that I had opened my eyes, was fully alert, and remembered all that had transpired. That gave me insights into the nature of the body-mind-spirit connection that is very relevant to the topic in this thread.
Old 14-02-2024, 10:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Visualising is particularly powerful combined with affirmation if you are aiming for something you want to be (trades or professions-wise) or a place where you'd like to live. It can also be applied to resolve a health problem (healing). But devising the visuals can be an art. Some find it quite difficult - but it's an art that can be developed with practice.
Old 15-02-2024, 06:25 PM
Master
As has already been mentioned, visualization coupled with verbal affirmations can be very potent. Most people use visualization to get material or other things in the outside world, but visualization can also be used for healing yourself, or even creating an image in your mind of the way you would like to see yourself.

The most powerful thing that molds and shapes us mentally and emotionally is our internal dialogue, or how we talk to ourselves. Visualization is another form of self communication, or how we talk to ourselves. Repeating images in our head is the same as a verbal affirmation. Visualization is how we create circumstances in our lives.

Most people are doing this unconsciously; they may do some creative visualization consciously but the rest of the time they may be unconsciously creating other things in their lives. We are always creating something in our lives, consciously or unconsciously. It all begins in our head with how we think and imagine. Vocalization is part of our imagination. They are one and the same.

Imagery influences us, regardless whether that imagery is from the television, movies, video games, what we see in the outside world, or imagine in our heads. The more detailed the images in our head the more potent they can become. What we think about also effects us emotionally.

There is only one way to not create with your mind and that way is to keep your mind quiet unless you want to consciously use it. Most people create in a haphazard way and then they wonder why haphazard things are happening in their life. We create with our thoughts, our words, and our actions, and once you express it and put it out there you may not be able to take it back. Be careful what you ask for in your thoughts, words, and actions.

I studied the Hebrew Kabbalah in a 13-year course and part of the course was on visualization; more specifically in the Tarot Key-3: The Empress is all about creative imagination. Looking at this Tarot card daily can improve our creative imagination. The Tarot cards are images which interact with the images in our head, as all external images do. I have used creative visualization for many things.

Most people think in very poor, black and white, flat, faded images. To use creative visualization it is helpful to visualize in three-dimensions, with height, depth, and width, and also visualize in vivid color, putting all of your senses in the image, not only what it looks like but also how does it feel, taste, smell, and what sounds are present. The more real to life your visualization is the more potent it may become.

The bottom line is “know Thyself,” even on the level of your own thoughts and imagination.
Old 16-02-2024, 12:25 AM
Master
QUOTE 8 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The bottom line is “know Thyself,” even on the level of your own thoughts and imagination.
Amen ! Amen ! Amen !
Old 02-03-2024, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh, I never saw this thread. I would only add: And visualize or imagine
with the feeling of already having that thing come about.
(For me usually while smiling!!)

Neville Goddard's "Feeling is the Secret''!

Miss Hepburn,
YOU make me smile! And yes Feeling IS the Secret!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)