Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 03-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Guide
Thumbs up Why time orientation relates to LOA

Hello All,

In this video, Donald Neale Walsch explains why it is important to Believe that your desires/wants/needs exist in the now and not the future.

This is the most potent and influential video that I've come across about the LOA that explains why the discipline of our beliefs/thoughts/feelings is essential in manifesting our affirmations/beliefs.

I hope it helps someone better understand what is happening if you are pursuing LOA development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9ccOXff5o

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 03-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Master

Thanks for sharing it.

You may find similar ideas about us creating our reality, in Abraham - Hicks, Seth - Roberts, Neville Goddard, and others.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:37 AM
Thanks...I want to see your youtube link!
And Neville Goddard...my gosh....he is the best!!!!
A hidden treasure....I give away his books, esp 'Feeling is the Secret'!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thanks...I want to see your youtube link!
And Neville Goddard...my gosh....he is the best!!!!
A hidden treasure....I give away his books, esp 'Feeling is the Secret'!

Yes! Goddard, Roberts and many others share so much understanding of the LOA! Just an aside, I wrote Donald Neale but his name is Neale Donald Walsh. He’s my favorite

Old 06-08-2018, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
03-06-2018, 05:35 AM
Sojourner2013
Guide

Hello All,

In this video, Donald Neale Walsch explains why it is important to Believe that your desires/wants/needs exist in the now and not the future.

This is the most potent and influential video that I've come across about the LOA that explains why the discipline of our beliefs/thoughts/feelings is essential in manifesting our affirmations/beliefs.

I hope it helps someone better understand what is happening if you are pursuing LOA development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9ccOXff5o
Thanks for sharing this YouTube video. I haven't thought about like that but you're absolutely right. I always say words like; "eventually" "Someday" "One day " etc. When talking about goals I want to set for myself.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Lorelyen

Just my views but it's balderdash.

Tell it to the homeless person in the street who suddenly finds he has a roof over his head a decent bed and good food. Except he hasn't, now, has he?

Then myself. I'm a world famous violinist. Suddenly I've circumvented the years of practice at 4 hours per day because, way-hayyy, here I am a totally accomplished violinist at the wave of the LoA wand. Uh...but when I pick up the instrument and give a new meaning to "bowing and scraping", the neighbours would accuse me of delusion!

Nope. Be a go getter. You need something. Go get off your butt and do what's necessary to get it.

But...I like the microphones hanging over the piano which seems as if it's playing itself. Maybe I could apply the same to my fictitious Stradivarius
air play it!
Old 13-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
Thanks for sharing this YouTube video. I haven't thought about like that but you're absolutely right. I always say words like; "eventually" "Someday" "One day " etc. When talking about goals I want to set for myself.

Right! That's why you should incorporate the word "now" and use present tense for your affirmations.

Old 13-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Just my views but it's balderdash.

You need something. Go get off your butt and do what's necessary to get it.

The Universe always--ALWAYS--supports your beliefs!!! Seeing as you believe your views to be "balderdash," your opinion has been noted and discarded.

If you don't believe the LOA works, guess what...it doesn't...for you.

Best wishes!

Old 13-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Master

You create your own reality, and only yours. That's the meaning of the LOA. This means it isn't just "ask, and you'll receive"; you have to go diligently through the moves.

"Help me, help you!" - Jerry Maguire

The Parable of the Flood:

A man was trapped in his house during a flood. He began praying to God to rescue him. He had a vision in his head of God’s hand reaching down from heaven and lifting him to safety. The water started to rise in his house. His neighbor urged him to leave and offered him a ride to safety. The man yelled back, “I am waiting for God to save me.” The neighbor drove off in his pick-up truck.

The man continued to pray and hold on to his vision. As the water began rising in his house, he had to climb up to the roof. A boat came by with some people heading for safe ground. They yelled at the man to grab a rope they were ready to throw and take him to safety. He told them that he was waiting for God to save him. They shook their heads and moved on.

The man continued to pray, believing with all his heart that he would be saved by God. The flood waters continued to rise. A helicopter flew by and a voice came over a loudspeaker offering to lower a ladder and take him off the roof. The man waved the helicopter away, shouting back that he was waiting for God to save him. The helicopter left. The flooding water came over the roof and caught him up and swept him away. He drowned.

When he reached heaven and asked, “God, why did you not save me? I believed in you with all my heart. Why did you let me drown?” God replied, “I sent you a pick-up truck, a boat and a helicopter and you refused all of them. What else could I possibly do for you?”
Old 14-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
The Universe always--ALWAYS--supports your beliefs!!! Seeing as you believe your views to be "balderdash," your opinion has been noted and discarded.
I've never got over the sheer arrogance of individual humans on this tiny planet on the Orion spur of the Milky Way actually believing the universe, whether the physical one or god, is going to bow to their needs, listen and provide (more than what the ecology does). But I have to grant you it is a belief so those who believe it have presumably validated it in some way. Perhaps some people are closer god than others - more favoured?

Quote:
If you don't believe the LOA works, guess what...it doesn't...for you.
Well, it can't - in the examples I gave. It won't work for anyone in the same context either. Think about it. Have a look through the forum. How many would love to change their lives - the sad, the depressed, the hurt, the fearful....and wonder if they all practiced this LoA their problems would be solved. But many can't because of the circumstances of their plight. So...tell us how for instance someone can believe they're not-depressed if they're depressed? It just isn't the magic wand it's made out to be.
A swindle...about making money selling books and lectures/courses.

Quote:
Best wishes!
Likewise to you, too. pax luxque tecum.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 14-08-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: pruning