Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 26-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Experiencer

What if... I'm just crazy :(

So we met 10 years ago, in a work situation. Within a few months I felt this strong attraction - a pull from him which I did my best to ignore. Then he got under my skin, in my veins and right into my soul. After 2.5 years I had to leave to put distance between us because we are both in long term relationships/marriage & family with other people.

After I left, I fell into the dark night of the soul but the period of growth and learning since - I can't even begin to explain. I am transformed, I have done a lot of work etc etc.

And now he is in my head and heart almost 24/7. There are days that the feeling is so intense that I do wonder if it is ALL me or whether I am picking up on him.

But what if this is all nonsense (really? with so many others sharing so very similar stories??), what if we aren't connected and it is just me losing my sanity - or rather, I lost it a good while ago.

Does any of this make sense? It's early and I'm about to rush off out to a meeting, just wanted to throw it out there really.

I feel strongly like I 'just know', but have I built up this belief over the years because it is the only one I like (I have looked at limerence but it did not fit so much as this). Am I just running away from my everyday life by constantly thinking about this man who I call my twin flame (even though I used to refuse to call him that).

It FEELS REAL. It feels like nothing else on this earth. I think about him and feel so very different to anything - and I felt transformed when I met my husband, that was a huge awakener for me in itself. But THIS, this is something else.

Yet we aren't meant to be together - not now and possibly not in this lifetime. Which is okay, right. I'm fine with that. But its the constant thoughts, the constant feeling of 'being connected' to someone with whom I only rarely share maybe a facebook post or brief message.

I invited him for coffee just over 2 weeks ago - let's catch up, it would be good. He sent a 'thumbs up'. I mentioned about when I might be free, gave him my number, he said he was busy working one particular day. That's all fine. I said call me when you are free.

But I get the sense that he is scared - scared of what his gf might think if he met me for coffee, scared of what I might say to him too. He has a lot of learning to do and I know to respect that and leave him be. I am doing that, I'm not pushing. I also feel quite strongly that things are not right between him and his gf of 20 years. But again - what if that is all just me. BUt I feel it.

I don't know what to do right now other than to just breathe through it and carry on. Patience.
(thanks for reading!)
Old 26-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Master

it doesnt seem like there is anything you can do about him/his gf. as you say, breathe and carry on.

I wonder about the sentence here where you say 'Yet we aren't meant to be together - not now and possibly not in this lifetime. Which is okay, right. I'm fine with that. But its the constant thoughts, the constant feeling of 'being connected' to someone with whom I only rarely share maybe a facebook post or brief message.'

this always baffles me with twin claims. i understand this type of talk with your average crush. but twin? the together never left, from day dot they are a part of you, within you. Once you recognize each other you realise you never were apart. that apart is the joke because there is no moving away....from what and who and to where? the soul is there and so is the twin within the connection. if being together to feel connected means physical then the connection is not within the soul but possibly the mind.
with twin, you are always in connection, communication and share the sacred space. its where you meet to be together. they are there.
you share the same stuff within. not the body, not the mind, not the organs of the body. these that are bind dont come undone and therefore do not require physical to feel 'one' 'connected' 'confirmed' that this is in fact a connection.

spiritual connections, soul connections.....where would they be discovered? How?

as above so below. does it happen below before above?

you need to see them before you see them. put it that way.
Old 26-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Experiencer

I wonder if your response was a matter of semantics, a misinterpretation of what I wrote, sorry. I feel connected to him - when I say 'together' I mean share a 3D life together, happily married blah blah: that's not us. I still feel the inner connection, the unbreakable bond, that 'thing that we can't quite define'. An inner knowing of this 'thing'. So yeah, 'together' in the spiritual soul sense. I guess I was asking - I feel it, I 'know' it but... what if... I am just going a bit mad.

I couldn't effectively put into words here what this connection is, I could write for hours. I have had crushes, albeit when quite young (I am 43 now). This is different (and of course, we probably all say that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
it doesnt seem like there is anything you can do about him/his gf. as you say, breathe and carry on.

I wonder about the sentence here where you say 'Yet we aren't meant to be together - not now and possibly not in this lifetime. Which is okay, right. I'm fine with that. But its the constant thoughts, the constant feeling of 'being connected' to someone with whom I only rarely share maybe a facebook post or brief message.'

this always baffles me with twin claims. i understand this type of talk with your average crush. but twin? the together never left, from day dot they are a part of you, within you. Once you recognize each other you realise you never were apart. that apart is the joke because there is no moving away....from what and who and to where? the soul is there and so is the twin within the connection. if being together to feel connected means physical then the connection is not within the soul but possibly the mind.
with twin, you are always in connection, communication and share the sacred space. its where you meet to be together. they are there.
you share the same stuff within. not the body, not the mind, not the organs of the body. these that are bind dont come undone and therefore do not require physical to feel 'one' 'connected' 'confirmed' that this is in fact a connection.

spiritual connections, soul connections.....where would they be discovered? How?

as above so below. does it happen below before above?

you need to see them before you see them. put it that way.
Old 26-10-2018, 12:11 PM
Master

im not sure, maybe one day if its what you want?

the day i realised i was more than a socially accepted programmed woman born to have kids, cook and clean and give good oral. i became insane.

so i'm attracted to the word crazy. its where you find amazing.
Old 26-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenthelight

I feel strongly like I 'just know', but have I built up this belief over the years because it is the only one I like (I have looked at limerence but it did not fit so much as this). Am I just running away from my everyday life by constantly thinking about this man who I call my twin flame (even though I used to refuse to call him that).

It FEELS REAL. It feels like nothing else on this earth. I think about him and feel so very different to anything - and I felt transformed when I met my husband, that was a huge awakener for me in itself. But THIS, this is something else.

Yet we aren't meant to be together - not now and possibly not in this lifetime. Which is okay, right. I'm fine with that. But its the constant thoughts, the constant feeling of 'being connected' to someone with whom I only rarely share maybe a facebook post or brief message.

Hello,

Your story is very much like many others I have heard and kind of matches my own experiences with these things.

It is often best to use the term soul bond instead of twin flame. There is energy in words which often sets unrealistic expectations for us.

In the true reality, everything is connected. As divine humans on a common mission we all have a connection with each other in ways which are beyond comprehension. Yet on a personal level there are deeper bonds we have with others who we have been with before.

I am a big fan of telepathy between those who resonate deeply with each other. It happens. This guy is knocking on your telepathic door in my mind.

You do not need to turn your life upside down to help and assist him. I sense your husband would support your efforts to help an old friend out when he needs it. You do not need to be shy about discussing these things with your husband in my opinion.

Now what to do becomes the big question. May I suggest seeking spiritual guidance on that? I do know that being proactive is better than being passive in these matters.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 26-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Experiencer

Thank you John. You make perfect sense. I know what you mean about using soul bond rather than twin flame.

I am reassured by you agreeing that he is knocking on my telepathic door. I know he is unable to find words easily, regarding his own situation or even just to have a general conversation with me right now.

I have sought guidance, albeit in following maybe 2 or 3 tarot readers on YouTube- not ideal but each unbelievably confirming what I feel deep within. I seek guidance from within me too, I know the answers.

I do feel stuck, I am being patient but I so want to reach out to him and for him to trust he can come to me. Who knows.

I am also grateful you mention my husband in all this. I fear things have gone on too long - all these years - but in the early days when I desperately wanted and needed to share this with him I couldn't find the vocabulary. I'm not even sure I can now. He does not look too favourably at this soul bond of mine, no reason other than ego.

But it is within me, whatever THIS is, it is a something that won't sleep, no matter how many years I tried to deny, let go, push away, run. It's almost like it grows stronger but perhaps what I mean is that the call grows louder, the connection becomes more electric, more apparent with each layer I pull back to understand it.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

Your story is very much like many others I have heard and kind of matches my own experiences with these things.

It is often best to use the term soul bond instead of twin flame. There is energy in words which often sets unrealistic expectations for us.

In the true reality, everything is connected. As divine humans on a common mission we all have a connection with each other in ways which are beyond comprehension. Yet on a personal level there are deeper bonds we have with others who we have been with before.

I am a big fan of telepathy between those who resonate deeply with each other. It happens. This guy is knocking on your telepathic door in my mind.

You do not need to turn your life upside down to help and assist him. I sense your husband would support your efforts to help an old friend out when he needs it. You do not need to be shy about discussing these things with your husband in my opinion.

Now what to do becomes the big question. May I suggest seeking spiritual guidance on that? I do know that being proactive is better than being passive in these matters.

John
Old 26-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Master
Hi,

Quote:
Thank you John. You make perfect sense. I know what you mean about using soul bond rather than twin flame.

I am reassured by you agreeing that he is knocking on my telepathic door. I know he is unable to find words easily, regarding his own situation or even just to have a general conversation with me right now.

I can understand that. He being even more confused than you have been.

Quote:
I have sought guidance, albeit in following maybe 2 or 3 tarot readers on YouTube- not ideal but each unbelievably confirming what I feel deep within. I seek guidance from within me too, I know the answers.

I do readings. My best friend does readings. You know the answers within yourself. What I would offer to assist you with is bringing your inner most wisdom to the surface so that it can be examined and choices can be made.

Quote:
I do feel stuck, I am being patient but I so want to reach out to him and for him to trust he can come to me. Who knows.

I sense he is not ready for that yet. Staying patient with him is best for now.

Quote:
I am also grateful you mention my husband in all this. I fear things have gone on too long - all these years - but in the early days when I desperately wanted and needed to share this with him I couldn't find the vocabulary. I'm not even sure I can now. He does not look too favourably at this soul bond of mine, no reason other than ego.

Guys can be like that. They have insecurities regarding women. For the lady will get emotional and may be even impulsive. Yet the reality is that these things do not determine her choices much of the time. A man is not as intuitive as the woman. They have trouble relating to how all that works.

A key factor to consider in matters like this is he a good listener. When you speak to him about something. Does he tune into what you are saying or is he only half listening. You know him best. You may even be able to help him become a good listener if he is not one already.

Quote:
But it is within me, whatever THIS is, it is a something that won't sleep, no matter how many years I tried to deny, let go, push away, run. It's almost like it grows stronger but perhaps what I mean is that the call grows louder, the connection becomes more electric, more apparent with each layer I pull back to understand it.

Thank you.

These things just do not go away. I find it best to deal with it the best way you can and know that no matter what choices you make, any of the above, you will be divinely loved and admired.

John

Old 26-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Experiencer

John, thank you once again. I will respond properly tomorrow as it is late now but thank you so very much.

Quote:
Hi,

I do readings. My best friend does readings. You know the answers within yourself. What I would offer to assist you with is bringing your inner most wisdom to the surface so that it can be examined and choices can be made.

Guys can be like that. They have insecurities regarding women. For the lady will get emotional and may be even impulsive. Yet the reality is that these things do not determine her choices much of the time. A man is not as intuitive as the woman. They have trouble relating to how all that works.

A key factor to consider in matters like this is he a good listener. When you speak to him about something. Does he tune into what you are saying or is he only half listening. You know him best. You may even be able to help him become a good listener if he is not one already.

These things just do not go away. I find it best to deal with it the best way you can and know that no matter what choices you make, any of the above, you will be divinely loved and admired.

John
Old 27-10-2018, 09:02 AM
Experiencer

Hi John
Have read through your response a few times. Thanks. Did you pick up he is more confused? It's what I wonder. He has no concept of spirit, not really. We used to talk about it and he was aware of my beliefs, but we never spoke about our relationship as we were just work colleagues who got on amazingly.

He might be confused as to why I sent him an invite to coffee, to which he gave a thumbs up but has not acted further as yet. I am/was worried that I was just making excuses up when really he just doesn't feel anything any more. That's okay I guess, but it's the not knowing - it has always been the not knowing.

I have woken up in quite a low mood today, for the first time in a long while. Unsure why as yet.

He isn't ready to talk about mundane stuff with me, he always preferred an uncomplicated life. I felt too much for him over the years. Still do but my attitude now is well this is me...and I am confident in that and who I am.

Sorry, like I said I could write a book haha

I would be happy to chat to you about exploring a reading John.
Thank you.

Quote:
Hi,

John
Old 27-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi John
Have read through your response a few times. Thanks. Did you pick up he is more confused? It's what I wonder. He has no concept of spirit, not really. We used to talk about it and he was aware of my beliefs, but we never spoke about our relationship as we were just work colleagues who got on amazingly.

He might be confused as to why I sent him an invite to coffee, to which he gave a thumbs up but has not acted further as yet. I am/was worried that I was just making excuses up when really he just doesn't feel anything any more. That's okay I guess, but it's the not knowing - it has always been the not knowing.

I have woken up in quite a low mood today, for the first time in a long while. Unsure why as yet.

He isn't ready to talk about mundane stuff with me, he always preferred an uncomplicated life. I felt too much for him over the years. Still do but my attitude now is well this is me...and I am confident in that and who I am.

Sorry, like I said I could write a book haha

I would be happy to chat to you about exploring a reading John.
Thank you.

Hello,

It is reasonable to think that if you have been confused by the relationship dynamincs, he would be even more so. For a guy who prefers an incomplicated life, these things are not that. I sense he was being polite with that thums up symbol. That he really did not reflect on your invitation extensively.

I suspect that low mood you woke up to this morning represents your resistance and relutance to get deeply involved any more than necessary with this guy.

John