Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 01-02-2017, 05:31 AM
Pathfinder
Question Stelliums

Hi everyone, I need help on this Stellium topic. My friend says certain Stelliums such as Capricorn (Caps age in reverse) and Scorpio (sex appeal) have to do with looks and aging while others don't. Is this true?

Old 01-02-2017, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divin3
Hi everyone, I need help on this Stellium topic. My friend says certain Stelliums such as Capricorn (Caps age in reverse) and Scorpio (sex appeal) have to do with looks and aging while others don't. Is this true?

Stelliums posseses a lot of energy and a stellium in a certain sign can mean that all the energies of an individual will be focused in that house. The planets in the house of stellium will determine what kind of energy they will use. Unless there is an opposition , it will be hard to relieve the person of all the energies they would invest in the house of stellium. This is the simplest explanation. I know of someone who has a stellium in scorpio, they are nothing like the energy and they are rather very plain. They never married does not want to marry, 38 years of age, have scorpio traits but very plain rather. Nothing on the outside that would suggest an excess of scorpio energy but definitely invest a lot of his energies in only few areas of his life.
I know of another with Stellium in virgo and very dynamic. Their energies are well balanced and more nourished. The presence of opposition will balance the stellium , otherwise there could be excess energy in only one part of the chart. where they invest their energy which areas of their life will depends on the planet in the house of the stellium. Old age, physcial appearance, health would depend on the planets in the houses, it has no relation to the stellium unless there are other apsects to the planets in stellium so the energy of the stellium plays a role in it. Or a planet in the stellium itself that would suggest something of the kind. A good chart is where the energies will be spread out and will have potential to move.
Just my interpretation of it and from what I have noticed from the many stellium charts I come across.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:16 PM
WondrousVoyager

Quote:

Before answering about the effects of a stellium, it is important to understand what a stellium is. Some time ago someone posted the following definition on this board that I considered very insightful.

The correct definition of a stellium is this: Four or more planets, at least two of
which are not Sun, Mercury or Venus, in one sign or house." This means that if
you have Sun, Mercury, Venus and Saturn all in Libra, it is not a stellium. However,Sun, Venus, Mars and Jupiter all in Libra is a stellium; 2 planets are not among the three listed. The Nodes of the Moon are not to be considered as constituting a stellium, nor is Chiron or the other asteroids.
The reason for the restriction on Sun, Mercury and Venus is because Mercury and Venus are the constant companions of the Sun and are very often in the same sign.Mercury is never more than 28 degrees distant from Sun, Venus never more than 48. A stellium is basically a superconjunction

I think that many astrologers label a group of planets as a stellium, while this is not actually the case. So be very critical on what foot you start your interpretation.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:12 PM
Master
I disagree with that statement. Mercury counts. Venus counts. Those are personal planets. While it is true that they are often near the sun, that does not disqualify them.

As you said, a stellium is a combination of energies. What in the world would disqualify Venus or Mercury which are personal planets from participating in a stellium?

Astrologers have different views. Not all astrologers practice in the same way. The way I practice is that I consider the personal planets to be significant and never disqualified.

That is a personal decision about how you wish to practice. What you stated is something that you may have read somewhere. What is your source? I would be curious to know.

I have a conjunction of 3 planets including the sun. That is a small stellium. It operates as a small stellium, therefore it is.

Views differ, and a person's personal practice is selective. What I consider important may not be something that another astrologer considers important. What they consider important I might not have a use for. That's kind of the way it works.

Who says what 'the case is'? Who is the authority?

How you tell is if the person feels the energy. Is the energy important in the chart?

There are different views. Some say that if Mercury is combust it is damaged. I don't believe that. I think that Mercury functions as a planet that is conjunct the sun. That is my personal view and I am not wrong. My Mercury is combust and it seems to work. That is my evidence.

Observation is where you will find your answers.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Knower
My sun, neptune, venus, merc and jupiter are in Scorpio. I am 46 and have generally looked younger than I am most of my life. Had a real baby face all through my 30s. Life caught up with me last year, though - after 12 mos of chain smoking/weeping. Say hello to crows feet! Ha ha. Anyway, you be the judge. Pic in blue was this morning. Pic in black was about a year ago. Body shot was at x-mas. These have no filters on them - if I DO use filters for selfies, I can look hyper young. It can be fun sometimes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg selfie2017.jpg (141.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg selfie2016.jpg (119.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg self20172.jpg (178.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Pathfinder
So I don't understand. Does it affect looks at all? This is the chart. What would be the stellium here? I'm assuming it is Capricorn in 8th house. Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7254.JPG (113.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-02-2017, 01:30 AM
Master
Quote:
So I don't understand. Does it affect looks at all? This is the chart. What would be the stellium here? I'm assuming it is Capricorn in 8th house. Thank you

There are different defintions of stellium, three or more planets in a house will make stellium. Some say three , others say four. Although three planets in a single house of the chart will have stellium qualities there as with the charts I work with and found qualities of stellium from the individual. I personally do not believe it has anything do with aging less or looking younger. I have charts of people with stellium in capricorn, scorpio pisces, virgo , sagittarius, libra, and no there is nothing there with the chart that would suggest it that makes them look younger. Stellium has a different purpose in a natal chart. It is not about looks and aging. I know of people in the sign of Aquarius who are extremely beautiful and they do not have a stellium , aging is reversed for them. At 50 their energy gets mistaken for their 30s. So looks and aging could be a different factor all together. Stellium works differently and has a different purpose, it depends on the house where the stellium is placed as well, and the opposition too will soften the effects of it.
Yes there is a stellium in Capricorn here, with Saturn , Neptune, Uranus and Mercury in Capricorn. Eight house stellium can be around work and finances and controlling the uncontrollable around work and finances. Since capricorn plays the role of a father, and matures in their work, it could be financial planning , work here.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Interesting to read. I am Capricorn and I have read about this with my sign. I definitely feel I am feeling better/younger as I age. There is a great confidence factor in aging and having children too. Still, thinking my experice is less to do with astrology. I was looking at my old college photos, I wanted to cringe a bit. Its a period of stress, all night deadlines, indulging in fast and easy foods and alcohol binges, putting on the freshmen 15 pounds. Health wise, I am in a much better place both physically and mentally.

I feel parts of me have 'regressed', but I think it's the adversity factor and doing shadow work. Also, stripping away at egoic wants and goals. Really, I cared a lot more for grown up things when I was younger. For example; climbing the latter for a feasible career and other social structures. Having accomplished much of it earlier in life already, I don't care for it much now that I am older. I have 'let loose' and to hell with being successful, Id rather relax and do things that bring me joy and fun [whimpers off like child]. Doesn't sound very Cappy, I read as one ages they come more into alignment with their rising sign. Aquarius attitude maybe?! :P

P.S. DelSol, you look fantastic. I was a Yoga fanatic up until the past year where I went through a divorce process myself. Divorce puts a damper on a lot of things health included. You pics make has me missing Ashtanga :(
Old 02-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Interesting to read. I am Capricorn and I have read about this with my sign. I definitely feel I am feeling better/younger as I age. There is a great confidence factor in aging and having children too. Still, thinking my experice is less to do with astrology. I was looking at my old college photos, I wanted to cringe a bit. Its a period of stress, all night deadlines, indulging in fast and easy foods and alcohol binges, putting on the freshmen 15 pounds. Health wise, I am in a much better place both physically and mentally.

I feel parts of me have 'regressed', but I think it's the adversity factor and doing shadow work. Also, stripping away at egoic wants and goals. Really, I cared a lot more for grown up things when I was younger. For example; climbing the latter for a feasible career and other social structures. Having accomplished much of it earlier in life already, I don't care for it much now that I am older. I have 'let loose' and to hell with being successful, Id rather relax and do things that bring me joy and fun [whimpers off like child]. Doesn't sound very Cappy, I read as one ages they come more into alignment with their rising sign. Aquarius attitude maybe?! :P

P.S. DelSol, you look fantastic. I was a Yoga fanatic up until the past year where I went through a divorce process myself. Divorce puts a damper on a lot of things health included. You pics make has me missing Ashtanga :(

I always looked older than my age growing up. I was well
Endowed at a very young age and my face looked way older too. Now it seems to be evening out and I get more and more that I look younger than my age. That's why I am wondering if my Capricorn stellium has to do anything with that as that is a reputation Caps posses. And I doubt Gemini rising has anything to do with it since they look younger than their years consistently.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Pathfinder
It it a bad thing to have Capricorn in 8th house stellium?
And would that help with business at all? Thanks for the insight :)