Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-07-2016, 06:08 PM

What is the difference in feeling between Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming?

I've Lucid dreamed a decent amount of times before, but I don't believe I've ever Astral Projected.
Old 26-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDreamworld
I've Lucid dreamed a decent amount of times before, but I don't believe I've ever Astral Projected.

lol, you ready for your mind to be blown????

eeeehhhmmm, every time you dream or lucid dream, you are astral projecting, booooom, your welcome :)
Old 26-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx

eeeehhhmmm, every time you dream or lucid dream, you are astral projecting, booooom, your welcome :)

You have brightened my day ten fold.
Tell it as it is wide boy.
Got recently recommended to listen to what you have to relate....to how you have what you have to relate .......

I've learned something today. Not enough....but something. Go me x
Old 27-07-2016, 12:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisleigh
You have brightened my day ten fold.
Tell it as it is wide boy.
Got recently recommended to listen to what you have to relate....to how you have what you have to relate .......

I've learned something today. Not enough....but something. Go me x

haha, thats good, most my post are aimed to help people learn more about the astral. i am no expert by any means, but i am still very confident in my speculations that i have made from my own astral projecting and lucid dreaming experiences.if you need any advice on projecting, feel free to ask, ill try my best to get you out your body asap, for a small fee of course :)

jkjk lol, i would never charge anyone for teaching them about the astral :)
Old 27-07-2016, 02:14 AM
life.love.regret.

Dutchie, what method did you start using to be able to get out consistently?
Old 27-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by life.love.regret.
Dutchie, what method did you start using to be able to get out consistently?

my first projection was by complete accident, it was pretty much forced upon me, i had no other option but to project lol.what happend was, i was awake for almost 2 days due to double shifts and school, i was so tired, as soon as i began to relax, i felt my body go numb and i felt this strong sinking sensation, so i laid down, as soon as i did this, the numbness and sinking sensation became even stronger, it felt like i couldnt get enough air in me no matter how hard i tried, i really thought i was going to die if i fell asleep, thats what it felt like, so i resisted to falling asleep as much as i could, hoping that what i was feeling would pass, it didnt, so i decided to just let it happen, i just layed there and observed what i was feeling, i continued to sink, i latched on to this sinking sensation and just went with the flow, next thing you know, i sank out my body and into my bed, i floating into the middle of my room and relized i astral projected, i was so stoked i just played around for so long by just doing flips and loopy loops lol, i ran back n forth through my walls and doors and such, it was a blast.

so after i finally experienced the astral, i knew exactly what it was, its like i just knew what was happening and where we are at when we project.so i tried many well known methods to induce projection, i tried the rope method,the ladder method, the spinning method, the mind awake body asleep method and so on, but none of them worked, so at this point, i decided to find my own way to project, i knew that when we imagine anything, that it acually exist in the astral as soon as you think of it, its like our imagination is the astral itself, thus, i simply visualized a awesome landscape, i just took in as much data of my landscape as i could, i was floating in cool, clear lake, in the middle of a valley between crescent shaped mountians, a very light sprinkle of rain started to splash my face, i noticed the birds flying over me, i watched as grayish clouds slowly started blocking out the sun, i felt the minor temperature drop as the sun got blocked out, i felt the cool breeze blow, every now and then the wind would blow a leaf or 2 my way.i heard the tree leaves shaking with the wind.at this point, all my attention and focus was on the visual, i completely forgot about my body, i even forgot that i was imagining all of this, then, i remembered what my goal was, so i stayed calm, and just began to quietly observe everything around me, there was no doubt in my mind, i was deffiently not in my body any longer, i knew i had shifted my awareness fully into my imagination, since i knew my imagination originates in the astral, i knew i must be in the astral, from this point, i simply imagined being in my room in this current reality, and boom, i was here.once i got into this reality, i began my astral journey.

so that is the method i have been using.its amazing.im not sure if it works for every one, but it would still be worth a shot.
Old 27-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Suspended
Hi

The main difference for me (and it's nothing to do with comparisons between lucid dreaming and astral projecting) is the level of lucidity during the experience.

As dutchie says, I'm also of the opinion that the two states are closely (if not exactly) related. However, how lucid one is can make a massive difference in quality of experience.

If I'm highly lucid, I'm able to dispense of the more 'dreamy' qualities of my experience; if I'm not so lucid then my experience will be 'sillier' and not so easy to make sense of.

A higher level of lucidity also means a higher level of control - most of the time anyway. I've come across exceptions where I've been ultra-lucid and not able to do certain things that I can usually do otherwise.

The more experience you get under your belt, the more questions you'll have, rather than answers!
Old 27-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx

Thou that is so, it is usually the case of the ones lucid dreaming not actually being aware of what their astral body is actually doing at all unless they are having a bit of a combined experience.

Ive heard that when one is dreaming, ones astral body is often just floating above their real one or standing around near by in like a dazed or unaware kind of state. An astral projector can go and view this other person as such and see this

Ones thoughts and this I'd think would include dream thought so I'd think LD thoughts too, then project out as "thought forms". Some psychics can see them in the energy around the person eg around their heads.
Old 27-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Master

They can feel very very alike. My lucid dreams can be very vivid and intense to and I can be very clear headed and aware during a lucid to so I cant differentiate by those things.

The only way if its not obvious its a dream (its often just very obvious its a LD), Ive sometimes being able to tell the difference is via a sense of truely knowing that what Im experiencing is real so I know Im in an AP instead of an LD. (Ive done both).

Some get confused as its possible to experience a lucid dream in which you think you are astrally projected and experiencing really that. It is also possible to be astrally projected and experiencing that but mistake it for a LD.

I suggest anyone who isnt sure to test things out to see if your experience is real and hence you can know if a astral projection. (then this makes it easier to distinguish the very subtle differences to oneself between ones LDs and ones AP)
Old 28-07-2016, 03:08 AM
Seeker
Astral planes are made of emotions and their distilled energy. I have no idea what a lucid dream feels like.