Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Newbie ;)

I had an experience but not sure what it was.

Hello! new to the forums. I have a quick question and also a question on an Experience I had that I can't quite explain.

The simple question: What determines what time of day you enter the astral realm? Like if I was to wake up at 4am and try to astro project will I arrive there at night at 4am? Or is it random?

Here is the Experience question. So a couple weeks ago I had woken up at 9am and wasn't even trying to project or anything I decided to lay back down. All of the sudden I felt like I fell asleep then I sat up in my bed and my body felt extremely heavy like a thousand pounds was trying to push me back down. I couldn't even turn my head it stood looking straight. I was in my bed and my room looked like it always does at 9 am but I felt like I was on another planet like as if I was somewhere I had never been before.

When I tried to get out of my bed the weight on me was too much and it was like my body was pushed back onto my bed. Right after I was forced back onto my back I sat right up again but this time it was normal again. I felt normal again and I didn't feel that "feeling" I did the previous time I sat up which was just moments ago.

I have been trying to project for a couple months now and no success so far but this was something I had never experienced before. Could anyone help me out on this? Thank you very much.
Old 31-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Guide
I've found the appearance of night vs. day, or brightness to be primarily internally based aka awareness.

Barring going into a lower vibrational plane which is naturally darker, colder, than say a golden plane which has a pervasive luminosity as well as warmth, etc. There are planes which are more of a twilight, not dark, not light, so time of day is irrelevant, as are the luminosity of planes beyond the space/time construct which tend to be perpetually bright.

One's awareness as well as mind can illuminate a local surroundings, like a soft golden light, one's mind is like a candleflame, torch, searchlight, moonlight or sunlight(just some observations of breadth of personal luminosity), etc. depending on internal variables. The distinction can be indescribable at first, but with repeated testing, it can be discerned, learned, and honed.

With you experience question, were you out of body, or not yet projected yet experiencing suchness, as similar can occur either way?
Old 31-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
I've found the appearance of night vs. day, or brightness to be primarily internally based aka awareness.

Barring going into a lower vibrational plane which is naturally darker, colder, than say a golden plane which has a pervasive luminosity as well as warmth, etc. There are planes which are more of a twilight, not dark, not light, so time of day is irrelevant, as are the luminosity of planes beyond the space/time construct which tend to be perpetually bright.

One's awareness as well as mind can illuminate a local surroundings, like a soft golden light, one's mind is like a candleflame, torch, searchlight, moonlight or sunlight(just some observations of breadth of personal luminosity), etc. depending on internal variables. The distinction can be indescribable at first, but with repeated testing, it can be discerned, learned, and honed.

With you experience question, were you out of body, or not yet projected yet experiencing suchness, as similar can occur either way?

Thank you for your response! I understand completely now! About the experience It honestly felt like my physical body sat up and then my spiritual body tried to separate (hints the heavy feeling I'm guessing) and once I attempted to actually get out the bed the pressure on my body was too much and it just fell back onto the bed. Once I tried to get up again I shot right up because I was expecting the heaviness feeling to still be there but it was gone and the room felt normal again.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Guide
Quote:
It honestly felt like my physical body sat up and then my spiritual body tried to separate (hints the heavy feeling I'm guessing) and once I attempted to actually get out the bed the pressure on my body was too much and it just fell back onto the bed. Once I tried to get up again I shot right up because I was expecting the heaviness feeling to still be there but it was gone and the room felt normal again.
Makes sense.
There's a lot of fluidity in the nature of OBE/Aping.
Sometimes, in separating, one doesn't fully separate(lots of shades of grey here), but one is just *out of phase* just enough to feel how heavy the physical body is. From a light pressure, heaviness, to walking through a thick fog or even sludge(from the perspective of not full separation but still in body walking around). It can get even weirder, too, which is fun, but I digress. When the mind/consciousness is fully oriented in physical then the non-physical sensations will diminish and visa versa.

I imagine it felt really unexpected when you shot up, expecting the heaviness.

It can help to trouble shoot, practice shifting attention to your energy body/astral body and physical body, back and forth to see how it influences your physical inputs. When mastered it can lead to amazing experiences both in body and out(toggling between the two bodies), as well as helping in projecting at will, as it will then be a shift of focus and then you're out. (As easy as slipping off a pair of shoes).

Hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
Makes sense.
There's a lot of fluidity in the nature of OBE/Aping.
Sometimes, in separating, one doesn't fully separate(lots of shades of grey here), but one is just *out of phase* just enough to feel how heavy the physical body is. From a light pressure, heaviness, to walking through a thick fog or even sludge(from the perspective of not full separation but still in body walking around). It can get even weirder, too, which is fun, but I digress. When the mind/consciousness is fully oriented in physical then the non-physical sensations will diminish and visa versa.

I imagine it felt really unexpected when you shot up, expecting the heaviness.

It can help to trouble shoot, practice shifting attention to your energy body/astral body and physical body, back and forth to see how it influences your physical inputs. When mastered it can lead to amazing experiences both in body and out(toggling between the two bodies), as well as helping in projecting at will, as it will then be a shift of focus and then you're out. (As easy as slipping off a pair of shoes).

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for answering my questions!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tneese15
It honestly felt like my physical body sat up and then my spiritual body tried to separate (hints the heavy feeling I'm guessing) and once I attempted to actually get out the bed the pressure on my body was too much and it just fell back onto the bed. Once I tried to get up again I shot right up because I was expecting the heaviness feeling to still be there but it was gone and the room felt normal again.

It sounds as if you may of sat astrally up. I used to often spontanously start to disconnect without really trying to do so. It can harder though at times to fully disconnect as one can quickly find oneself realigned with the physical body again in an instant if one is still attached to it and not clear from it.

Till you get a distance away from it, its easy to also be pulled back into it.

If I get out of body and into my bedroom, I find time is the same and runs parallel to what normal time would. If though Im further away astrally, say gone to another dimensional plane completely instead of being in my normal earth astral, I then find time runs faster.

Often if Ive got astral and not far away from my physical body, I often cant see so if that's going on everything can appear black. Sometimes I need to move away from my physical body for my astral sight to come in.