Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 21-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Master
I've used pendulums for a few years and enjoyed reading this thread.

When I use mine, I ground myself and make sure I'm protected. I hold the chain with my thumb and index finger. If the chain is too long, I shorten it and hold the excess with my other fingers. I rest my elbow on a table with the wrist slightly bent and relaxed. If the session is short I brace my elbow against my side as most likely I won't be at a table.

From a stand still I calibrate a pendulum by saying "please show me yes", "please show me no", "please show me maybe" and "please show me I need to rephrase my question". Between each show me the pendulum is still. It can move clockwise, counterclockwise, back and forth and stop. Back and forth can go left to right also towards and away from me. It can also move diagonally. As long as the movement is clear and consistent then the pendulum is calibrated. The stronger movements mean a stronger answer. For example, if a circle is large and fast for a 'yes' response then the 'yes' is emphatic.

One time I used a champaign quartz pendulum to cleanse my chakras. I lay down and began as close to my feet as possible. The pendulum began with moving counterclockwise to pull out dark stuff then it slowed down, stopped and moved clockwise to add light. When it stopped, I moved up to the next chakra and repeated the process. It took an hour for the entire session and my arm was sore. This pendulum has a long chain that I held at full length to give it room to move and work through my aura. I felt the energy move out (the counterclockwise) and then into (clockwise) my aura.

When I'm finished I thank the pendulum. Now that I read about disconnecting it from the session, I'll add that.

Well, that's my experience with pendulums.

Chrysalis
Old 21-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Seeker

Great idea re using a banana holder to suspend my pendulum Sundancer. Not found one yet, so investigated the coathanger idea and managed to wedge one side of one used for holding skirts/pants in a drawer so that it didn't move, while trapping the pendulum chain in the gripper bit. Needless to say, the pendulum stayed extremely still, so no remote response on this occasion. However, my pendulum sometimes is very slow to react, while at other times it can be extremely active, so I'll persevere with my experiment.
Old 22-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Guide
Rain, keep me posted on your experiments. I just got an idea from you that could work too. If you can get your hands on a wire coat hanger, you could bend the sides down to make a stand, then use the top to suspend it from. It is extremely hard to find these kinds of hangers anymore however, as I have been looking to make myself a pair of dowsing rods.
Old 24-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Master
I saw wire hangers in a dollar store.
Old 15-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Seeker

I have some wire coathangers, which we get from the drycleaners. However, I've had some success with hanging my pendulum from one side of a skirt hanger and then putting the hanger on a door handle. So far, no success with the remote working, but feel that it is only a matter of time. I asked my pendulum whether it may eventually work and it said yes, so I'll just have to practise more!
Old 15-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Guide
If it fails, you can always make a good set of rods from the wire coat hangers.
Old 17-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Seeker

Great idea Phoenix. I used to be quite good at dowsing, but not done any for a while, and haven't got any rods, so maybe I should make myself some?
Old 18-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Guide
Rain, there are some great youtube vids on how to cut the hangers. My problem is in my area all you can is plastic. GGRRRR
Old 20-08-2016, 01:14 AM
Experiencer

Just try a good old stick, Im no good at rods but just holding even a bit of branch that fell off of a tree you can certainly feel it want to move on its own, kind of like a bit of a magnetic type pull towards the ground, kind of hard to explain