Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 06-06-2020, 01:50 AM
bartholomew

The perceived degree of separation is the result (differential) of two expressions of consciousness. We are less conscious than the creative center (force, God or whatever). We express this difference as "separation". That is all there is to it. The greatest mysteries are often expressed in simple terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
We are a part of the great spirit.

It's the separation that intrigues me.

Listening to the heart is good.

However, I don't view my self as God.

I always feel like a soul.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:49 AM
Master
Thanks bartholomew

And then we go where upon death, back to the source?

Another walk completed around this Godly sphere of consciousness that I am. ( or we are?)

I don't know, in truth, I won't know till I wake up on some unseen yet level of deeper awareness, or die.

Death will bring about changes.

However, consciousness logically will always be the same.

Points of awareness shift around, I hope, and I pray..... I can always be a part of it.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:46 AM
bartholomew

Take the idea of separation one step further and realize that because of it we find something else which is best expressed as being the Law of Correspondences. Love, for instance, is the common human expression of oneness but when seen from the plane of the Buddha (for instance) we see that it has changed. It still exists but is no longer described in human terms. When the spiritual master expresses love he or she acknowledges cooperation with divine purpose. We occasionally see this in practice by philosophers, statesmen, religious leaders or by simple monks and nuns. It is what results when we not only know of but make a lifelong habit of "selflessness". The goal is to eventually leave these lower worlds behind. Can we practice now by leaving behind self? Self is a lower plane manifestation, a function of personality, impermanent. Self is of the lower, separated planes. Those who find final ascension do not take their accumulated personalities with them. When we leave the Earth behind permanently we are no longer human but we retain accumulated human wisdom which is then put to good use elsewhere. We are in the next stage of existence facing new wonders, adventures and challenges. So.... can we begin to prepare for the time when we will leave? When we become selfless in everyday life we are doing just that.

Quote:
I like to call it the Great Spirit. We are spirit and our spirit is sourced in the Great Spirit.

I'm doing my best here to stick to actual observations from my experiences from the heart and mind.

The Great Spirit has huge power, we can tap into it. If you can connect with this spirit, your spirit will grow.

Love is a big part of the reason for consciousness and other divine wisdom.

We need love for the soul like we need air for the body.

Any other spiritual pearls are good if love-centered, I like a broad spectrum of understanding.

Thankyou bartholomew I enjoy your view.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:58 AM
bartholomew

When we die we do not return to the "source" (of all). We merely shuck these heavy bodies and take up our light ones, the ethereal sheaths that look just like solid bodies on their own plane. But this is just for a short time for most of us. Here we do our meeting and greeting of friends and then we asses our lives just past. We... often with the help of our guides, judge ourselves. Following this we "die" again. When we are ready, we are never forced, we shed the ethereal body and raise again to the plane of souls where we arrive again and are greeted but this time we stay for quite a while. Here, unencumbered by lower vibes we get busy cleansing ourselves and planning for the future. Most of us stay away for about three years after physical death.

Some folks make the transition to the ethereal but like it there and refuse attempts to rise higher. Others who perhaps died in anguish or stress caused by such things as drug use or those who believe too strongly that they belong in hell will often stay for a while. Some look for ways to "hitchhike" with people who are still in the physical so they can enjoy sex for instance in a vicarious way. These, when detected, are often called evil spirits or demons. But even they have their limits of activity. They are eventually reached by their guides and yield to the call to raise themselves up.

So far in live we have not wittnessed anything near to the idea of eternity/eternal life. The topic of eternity is one that requires it's own set of questions and answers. Best not mixed in with ordinary spiritual discussions. At least that's what I think.

We very often can feel death coming. Some elders have time to prepare for it. They are never fearful because they are in and out of it for a while before it happens and their doubts are removed. Fortunate indeed is the man who dies in poverty. The burdens of Earth life are then so easily walked away from.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
When we die we do not return to the "source" (of all). We merely shuck these heavy bodies and take up our light ones, the ethereal sheaths that look just like solid bodies on their own plane. But this is just for a short time for most of us. Here we do our meeting and greeting of friends and then we asses our lives just past. We... often with the help of our guides, judge ourselves. Following this we "die" again. When we are ready, we are never forced, we shed the ethereal body and raise again to the plane of souls where we arrive again and are greeted but this time we stay for quite a while. Here, unencumbered by lower vibes we get busy cleansing ourselves and planning for the future. Most of us stay away for about three years after physical death.

Some folks make the transition to the ethereal but like it there and refuse attempts to rise higher. Others who perhaps died in anguish or stress caused by such things as drug use or those who believe too strongly that they belong in hell will often stay for a while. Some look for ways to "hitchhike" with people who are still in the physical so they can enjoy sex for instance in a vicarious way. These, when detected, are often called evil spirits or demons. But even they have their limits of activity. They are eventually reached by their guides and yield to the call to raise themselves up.

So far in live we have not wittnessed anything near to the idea of eternity/eternal life. The topic of eternity is one that requires it's own set of questions and answers. Best not mixed in with ordinary spiritual discussions. At least that's what I think.

We very often can feel death coming. Some elders have time to prepare for it. They are never fearful because they are in and out of it for a while before it happens and their doubts are removed. Fortunate indeed is the man who dies in poverty. The burdens of Earth life are then so easily walked away from.

Thanks again, I find that helpful. Ram Dass once said, "when I don't know who I am I serve you, when I know who I am, I am you."

My life has been a good journey, and I enjoy encounters with the spiritually wise, I like what you present, I have some Buddhist Understanding and I have read the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and other Buddhist works, Tich Nat Han, and others have mingled a bit with the Shambala movement too.

The Spiritualist Church looks interesting, unfortunate there is none in the Ottawa area.

I was raised Christian, Jesus and the Love of God seems right to me. But all the Church dogma.....discouraging.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:05 AM
Master
Quote:

Thanks, that was interesting and seems right to me too. I have read about the ethereal body before.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:57 AM
bartholomew

I, too, was raised a Christian but have Jewish roots. These are externals. My view is that we all have equal access to truths but.... truth is fluid. The absolute of today is cast aside tomorrow when more is known. This belief of mine is one that suffers when the dogmatic approach to existence is used. I now prefer mystical Catholicism and mystical Judaism. Generally speaking it is these two in the "west" that delve fearlessly beyond what is written. They are high on esoteria and low on dogma.

I would like to have an affiliation with a spiritualist church. I'd preach and do healings and that sort of thing. There are many in the Portland, OR. area. My home is just across the Columbia river in Vancouver, WA. None ever returns my emails though. Maybe it's not to be.

Here is something that I firmly believe. There are no phenomena in or around our world, physical or spiritual, that cannot be understood by our rational minds. If we have to then, for a time, it's OK to simply accept (on faith) but eventually there is more. This is a requirement, proof, of the dynamic of sentient existence. How can it be otherwise?

I note that no matter long long I wait there are always those who argue about origins. Was it creation or was it evolution? My answer is that it was both, that they dovetail perfectly. And what was there before there was a physical universe? There was, and still is (in support) a spiritual one. This is just another example of the separatist forces of the lower worlds. All we have to do to resolve this continuing question is to raise ourselves up to a point at which the divide grows very small and then stops. Then from this new position we easily, very easily, have an understanding. The new truth is there for us to see. But later even this one will fade and be replaced by another. This is what is so fascinating about esoteria. I mention this because other dilemmas in the world of human existence are, using the same method, easily solved. Suddenly we come to the realization that we tend to embody this divisiveness in the person of Satan. So then we have God at one end and Satan at the other. This, too, can be solved using the same method as indicated above.

What do you think?

BTW I've been to Ottawa. I used to drive an eighteen wheeler with cross border cargo, (1999 to 2009) usually aircraft grade (Alcoa) aluminum for a Bombardier factory north of the city. Interesting city.

James

Quote:
Thanks again, I find that helpful. Ram Dass once said, "when I don't know who I am I serve you, when I know who I am, I am you."

My life has been a good journey, and I enjoy encounters with the spiritually wise, I like what you present, I have some Buddhist Understanding and I have read the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and other Buddhist works, Tich Nat Han, and others have mingled a bit with the Shambala movement too.

The Spiritualist Church looks interesting, unfortunate there is none in the Ottawa area.

I was raised Christian, Jesus and the Love of God seems right to me. But all the Church dogma.....discouraging.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:26 AM
bartholomew

And the ethereal plane is very close to our physical one. Just a bit less dense. We sometimes can see into it using our physical eyes. This is where sightings of ghosts comes from. Religion is filled with accounts of men and women having visions and or visitations. The great soul simply creates a double of itself in the form which will match the expectations of the target person on Earth then, using mind (will), sends it to the ethereal plane where it is then "seen" and listened to. The burning bush of Moses is an example. Another is the appearance of Mary to the girls at Fatima. In a technical sense things like this are easy to understand if only we first know about the ethereal plane. Also our auras are made of and in that plane. Our chakras too. And so are the strange figures that a drunk or someone on LSD might encounter. Depressants often send us to the lower spiritual where many bizarre forms live. No mystery. No magic. Just a bit of "expanded" common sense.

Quote:
Thanks, that was interesting and seems right to me too. I have read about the ethereal body before.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
I, too, was raised a Christian but have Jewish roots. These are externals. My view is that we all have equal access to truths but.... truth is fluid. The absolute of today is cast aside tomorrow when more is known. This belief of mine is one that suffers when the dogmatic approach to existence is used. I now prefer mystical Catholicism and mystical Judaism. Generally speaking it is these two in the "west" that delve fearlessly beyond what is written. They are high on esoteria and low on dogma.

I would like to have an affiliation with a spiritualist church. I'd preach and do healings and that sort of thing. There are many in the Portland, OR. area. My home is just across the Columbia river in Vancouver, WA. None ever returns my emails though. Maybe it's not to be.

Here is something that I firmly believe. There are no phenomena in or around our world, physical or spiritual, that cannot be understood by our rational minds. If we have to then, for a time, it's OK to simply accept (on faith) but eventually there is more. This is a requirement, proof, of the dynamic of sentient existence. How can it be otherwise?

I note that no matter long long I wait there are always those who argue about origins. Was it creation or was it evolution? My answer is that it was both, that they dovetail perfectly. And what was there before there was a physical universe? There was, and still is (in support) a spiritual one. This is just another example of the separatist forces of the lower worlds. All we have to do to resolve this continuing question is to raise ourselves up to a point at which the divide grows very small and then stops. Then from this new position we easily, very easily, have an understanding. The new truth is there for us to see. But later even this one will fade and be replaced by another. This is what is so fascinating about esoteria. I mention this because other dilemmas in the world of human existence are, using the same method, easily solved. Suddenly we come to the realization that we tend to embody this divisiveness in the person of Satan. So then we have God at one end and Satan at the other. This, too, can be solved using the same method as indicated above.

What do you think?

BTW I've been to Ottawa. I used to drive an eighteen wheeler with cross border cargo, (1999 to 2009) usually aircraft grade (Alcoa) aluminum for a Bombardier factory north of the city. Interesting city.

James

What do I think, I drive transports for a living right now. Ont/Que That's funny.

I also have a degree in Social work, was a carpenter/renovator, and had some harrowing/mystical experiences as a youth.

LSD was all the rage.

So back to Christianity
I have been deep into bed with God
Under this banner.

A novice cloistered Cistercian monk for a year ( it was so profound)
All because of a very profound psychedelic shroom thing...
God was there in both experiences.

I need to find a way to bridge my past spiritual beliefs with now.

Christianity has deep hooks, I'm still anticipating that meeting with the Christ!

God within

God without

Time and the soul.

Life and the transitions

This is a serious business.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:52 AM
Master
Quote:
And the ethereal plane is very close to our physical one. Just a bit less dense. We sometimes can see into it using our physical eyes. This is where sightings of ghosts comes from. Religion is filled with accounts of men and women having visions and or visitations. The great soul simply creates a double of itself in the form which will match the expectations of the target person on Earth then, using mind (will), sends it to the ethereal plane where it is then "seen" and listened to. The burning bush of Moses is an example. Another is the appearance of Mary to the girls at Fatima. In a technical sense things like this are easy to understand if only we first know about the ethereal plane. Also our auras are made of and in that plane. Our chakras too. And so are the strange figures that a drunk or someone on LSD might encounter. Depressants often send us to the lower spiritual where many bizarre forms live. No mystery. No magic. Just a bit of "expanded" common sense.

Yep, the Psycodleic experience can be strange, and yet very powerful as I have seen.

In my youth, I was reading "St John Of The Cross" and other mystical Cristian Church writings, and his views bleached into my heart and soul. I wanted to know God with all my heart!

I did some Mushrooms with this in heart, and fell into a deep repentant state at the onset, but then awoke to the natural world around me amazed. God was truly in all things, awareness can be expanded, the heart shines like the sun, I was God and God was me. It was mystical beyond the normal boundary layer.

Our vision of the world is limited if we could see life for what it truly is, I suspect we would be blinded, or simply dumfounded, God is immense.