Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Master
what allows us to be physical on Earth is the density, there are a couple of perks to this but mostly it's a disadvantage. Consciousness does not need a suit where it goes after leaving Earth.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Master
Old 01-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Master

From what I have read and from my contact with the other side, it seems we have solid bodies that are pliable (I think'I mentioned this to you under a different topic) . There are some books that say we are just formless energy but that does not make any sense and I dont know where they get their information from. Its all a matter of vibration is all, if we look at other dimensions from our perspective then yes it seems like just energy but once you are in the other dimension then everything is just as solid as here. Apprently we need bodies to be able to'do things on the other side as we would do them here. Between the chakras we have correspond to the organs of our spirit body. Yes, it seems we have organs as well. We would most likely look as we do now but at our best. This has to'do with what we identify with.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Guide
I suspect it depends on our attachment to form.

How addicted to form are you? Do you like having a physical form?
The afterlife is primarily non-physical. People sometimes get trapped in this plane because of their attachment to form.

In most training on the Astral planes provided we are taught to let go of such attachments. Many evolved souls abandon their physical shape and form and become formless, spheres of energy at the least, soon after they pass over.

Why on earth would I want to hang on to a shape of form that has been the cause of so much drama? This body, this form and shape is not who I am. It does not define me.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Master
interesting how the responses are equal for and against...
Old 02-06-2015, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
So is the body actually real even if made of a different matter? Or just an illusion? If it's real how did it form and how is it maintained if there is no need for food etc. Is there blood in the veins etc? Also do you breathe assuming a real body or if not a real body do you have the sensation of respiration?

I have real trouble over imagining a physical afterlife in the real sense. I can imagine our disembodied consciousness for example might create its own version of the afterlife but it wouldn't be 'real'. But I don't see how a soul or spirit leaves the body with no physical form then arrives at a place and suddenly materialises fully formed into a version of us. who decides on that version? How does the spirit form a body upon arrival??

I suppose we could experience breathing and blood in our 'veins' and eating, and sleeping at certain times....etc if that is what we really want/desire.
My own personal (limited) experience has been via out of body experiences. But during them I had no need to breathe, no desire to, no awareness of breathing. But have smelled things and once ate something and tasted it very nicely! In fact, it tasted better than its physical equivalent. I tried to make the same recipe here but never managed to capture that exact flavour!

So maybe spirits can do the same? And probably much more! Although of course there is no longer any physical need to do any of those things. But it doesn't mean you can't!
It seems that the astral levels being 'desire worlds' could include many things if wished.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
interesting how the responses are equal for and against...

Its funny because there are also a number of books out there with divergent views. However, I would trust more info that comes from a medium, channeler or astral traveller. Interestingly enough, the one that have gathered data rather than experienced things for themselves are the ones saying that we dont have solid bodies in the after life. I myself am a medium and have asked this question to the deceased. It seems there is everything on the other side that there is here. We still interact,engage, create just like here so it makes sense that we are solid and not just floating consiousness without form. I think we had form even before incarnating on the earth plane.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Master
I personally don't feel any attachment to this body or any other I have found myself in while astral traveling or in other realms. I have been pure consciousness also.
My least favorite is the one I am in right now, it is so dense and cumbersome, it doesn't fly, it's usually experiencing some kind of sensory issue that is uncomfortable, and it seems to be aging.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Ascender

What doesn't make sense to me is how you need to spend 9 months in the womb and then spend 30 years growing to your physical peak, before slowly degrading, in this world... but then you suddenly arrive in this other world basically fully formed. Why do we need to grow here but over there are already fully formed on arrival??
Old 05-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Master
The way I currently understand/expereince it we have many bodies, each for different dimensions or planes. The body physical is specifically for the 3rd dimension density level. When I die, therefore, I'll be going to other realms, realms which do not need a physical body, so it will stay here and other appropriate bodies will become the body then used.
These are light bodies, energy bodies and somewhat hold the appearance that the physical body did or my mental projection of what I looked like when in human form but only very loosely - no details like freckles or moles, or veins that show through the skin.
Other body's are more like ovals of gently glowing light.

Some bodies I've traveled in didn't even appear to have a body at all, but to be pure consciousness instead - which is actually very comfortable I find. I've become rather detached from the idea of needing a physical body of any type to present as part of 'me'. Traveling as pure consciousness is very liberating actually, and returning to the dense physical body with it's needs like urinating and eating and it's collection of aches and pains from living hard and fast in it can be a bit of a bummer really.