Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Pathfinder

Any way to prove the afterlife to others?

Hi there!

So I have been educating myself about spiritual matters and feel very comforted. Naturally I want to share this comfort with others, becoming frustrated with their cynicism. My friends are mostly atheist and become very angry with me whenever I talk about my ideas.

I am able to see auras if someone places their hand on a white surface so I can see clearly. A friend who had someone see hers before challenged me to say the same colour, and I did, I said I saw a bluey purple. The previously lady had seen a purple.
Now if I bring auras up I'm still met with a groan however. It's like they're embarrassed of me. I feel like I'm forcing my knowledge on people but I feel like I know 'The truth' and want to shout it out like Luther!!

It's a shame because they always used to respect my opinion, now they think I'm a loony toon.
My dad was wondering if there was life after death, I spoke about what I had learned and he actually shouted at me
What is all the anger about?

Do people not want to feel ridiculous? We live in a world of deciet and lies so everyone seems to have turned their bullsh/t detectots up to 10 so have lost the ability to simply be receptive, sad, sad, sad,

Any ways or tricks to prove that their is something more than most people believe?
Old 25-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Knower
Are there "Any ways or tricks to prove that there is something more than most people believe" about life after death? My experience over a long lifetime as a conscious psychic is that there are lots of them, each of which will work on some people but not on others. One of the easiest is to get the skeptical person to take part in rituals in which actual channeling occurs, hoping that they'll receive a message from the Other Side and end up believing it's real. Other good ones involve asking questions and making suggestions that will lead the skeptic to remember past-life memories, NDE's, channeling from disembodied spirits while dreaming, and similar experiences that people have and then quickly forget simply because of their skepticism.
Old 25-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Everly

There are people who don't believe in evolution despite incontrovertible evidence. If someone doesn't want to believe, s/he won't.

And btw...unless you're being pushy and obnoxious without realizing, your friends don't sound like friends. Mutual respect is a fundamental component of healthy relationships of any kind.
Old 25-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Knower

What Everly said.
Old 25-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Administrator
People feel anger because of fear and ignorance because they don't believe you shouldn't either,its the same thing with people who don't believe
wont they be in for a surprise when they actually pass over, and see that what you say is actually true

Namaste
Old 28-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Seeker

Hi Blufonsy,
I remember when I first learned various truths, I wanted to share with my friends too. I had similar experiences to what you wrote. (It's the excitement of discovering life changing info we want to share with everyone!) Now, 25 years later I have learned there is a timing to everything. When people are ready to hear something I assess intuitively what and how much they need to hear.
Schopenhauer said all truth goes through stages-it is ridiculed; denied; then accepted. I have found that using my awareness of truth in my own life and being an example motivates people to ask questions because they are open to hearing answers. Many Blessings to you...
Old 28-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Experiencer

I don't waste my time proving anything to anyone. Why not find some friends who have the same spiritual beliefs as you do? Because, essentially, no one cares what you think the truth is. We all think we'll find the truth on our own (or we won't find it and we're ok with that). I think if you find some people who align with your beliefs you'll have an outlet to share that side of you. I'm not saying ditch your old friends, but appreciate whatever it is about them that makes them your friends instead of insisting on getting them to see things your way.

I joined a metaphysical group because I know that many of my friends don't believe what I do. But I didn't arrive at my place of belief because someone told me it was the truth.
Old 28-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Master

You can tell them about survival of the spirit & the immortality of the soul. You could lend them books on NDEs and life after death.

Knowledge is stored and even if this information is ridiculed or dismissed at the time, when the moment comes, all this knowledge will kick in.

So enlightening people about life after death is always a good thing.

Death is a taboo subject for many people. They don't want to think or talk about it. But for most of them in their heart of hearts they do want to know it won't be the end, neither for them or their loved ones, and that everything will be okay.

Remember too, many, especially those of a certain generation, have grown up with the notion of eternal damnation and hell fire, which created a climate of fear and dread about death. So be patient and understanding.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 30-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Experiencer
Hi Bluefonsy,

I don't think you can prove that something exists in another dimension from this dimension. But I do think that you can certainly provide a high likelihood that there exists an unseen world that can be tapped into by psychic means. When I do mediumship or readings, I always ask for something unique to identify the spirit I am in contact with before I go futher. Being able to give information that would have been virtually impossible to be just a random guess, that I think can make people rethink their belief. Not that this is the purpose of it all, but it's a nice side-effect when you validate a reading.

Boson
Old 31-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Experiencer
Hi Blue.

My suggestion is not to try to share with those who are not ready. You are not comforting them by stating what you know to those who are not ready. It just makes them angry and annoyed, as you observed yourself.

If you find someone who is actually a true open minded skeptic, the best way to prove by sheer logic brilliance that their materialist view is wrong, is with a superb book called "Why Materialism is Baloney" by Bernardo Kastrup.

Cheers!