Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-05-2019, 02:52 PM
Experiencer

My suggestion research Atlantis. I think you will find the answer you seek. :)
Old 01-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Newbie ;)

It would be great to have a guide for this, a regression hypnotherapist or someone.

BUT, you can try to do it yourself: immerse yourself in whatever you remember, try to expand on the memory if you can (where are you, why are you there, who's with you, etc., etc.), and here is the key: CHANGE THE MEMORY. Change the outcome.

Or, if your meditational exploration isn't traumatic and even if it is, see what "decision" you made about your life and experience just after death. And change that.

I've done this, tho I'm not sure it was with an experience quite as traumatic as the one you're describing.

Let yourself cry and grieve and all that, if you feel like it. Fill yourself with Light after you've done releasing.

Good luck.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Experiencer

Why change the memory/outcome?
Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
The other day - unfortunately when I didn't have much time - I experienced a flashback, or what I believe to be a flashback. It was just a sudden memory as soon as I bumped into a wall. I saw walls covered in very old decor - not sure what time frame, but it was very very old, surely not even in the 1900s. The walls and surroundings were mostly red print and I felt like it was a tight space. The tightness and small space in this flashback reminded me of a time I toured a submarine (at first I thought it might be a spatial feeling recall of that time, but the submarine walls were metal and the walls in the flashback were red and soft, so it wasn't a match for that).

Does anybody else have quick flashbacks of past lives? If so, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts.

I get quick flashbacks of past lives. Often these will last less than 10-seconds and only on one occassion, it lasted nearly 20-minutes. Strangely, most of my flashbacks occur whenever I ask a question about a past life, or ask why does something seem so familiar to me. Sometimes I am just wondering to myself while other times I am directing my questions toward my guides. I don't expect answers but sometimes I get an instant answer via a flashback.

PastPilot
Old 29-07-2019, 09:12 PM
Newbie ;)

There are many ways a person can relive a past life.
1. With a session from a hypnotist
2. Self Hypnosis
3. Through your dreams
4. Spontaneously when triggered by a memory such as when you bumped into the wall
I am a consulting hypnotherapist and many of my clients have come to me wanting a past life regression, after having a similar experience to yours. They have that spontaneous recall and then they want to explore it in a deeper way.
Old 30-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman24
2. Self Hypnosis
3. Through your dreams
4. Spontaneously when triggered by a memory such as when you bumped into the wall
I am a consulting hypnotherapist and many of my clients have come to me wanting a past life regression, after having a similar experience to yours. They have that spontaneous recall and then they want to explore it in a deeper way.

I have had success with all these types of recall, although No.1 was so-so. I do not hypnotize easily. I have had some success with No.2, but like No.1, so-so.

No.3 and No.4 are the most common for me and still remains so since I was 8 years old. So vivid are my recollections that I was able to research what I saw in history books to discover that they were true. Even photos of historic events matched what I saw. I knew details most history books leave out and in one case I had to wait for 30-years for a Chinese translation to be made available in English before I could discover that my recollections were extremely accurate and even discovered that the official history leaves a lot of the political aspects of that past life out.

You left out No.5: Spontaneous memory without any triggers. I woke up once and discovered that I suddenly had a vast amount of memories. This expanded over the years. It was from an important lifetime over 1200 years ago. This happened to me three or four in my life so far. I was suddenly allowed to see past life memories. Often the trigger is simply asking my guides to explain why an area, building, etc., looks familiar. Several times I will just remember right after going to bed. I'll have just closed my eyes when suddenly I am watching an HD, full color, video without sound showing me a past life. The last one depicted me in the Union army as a young recruit. We were going onto picket duty just having replaced the soldiers who were on picket duty prior to our turn. I saw all the equipment we were wearing and summarized that this was either late 1861 or early 1862. By mid-1863 we had discarded our knapsacks, got rid of our frock coats for sack coats, and sported short-brimmed black hats in place of our issued kepis. By that time we were considered seasoned troops. We had also lost our baby faces and our innocence.

How do you find someone who does past life hypnosis? It took me a long time to locate someone but she didn't really help. The other one I managed to locate would only help if I had been traumatized by past life memories/events. She did not cater to the curious.

PastPilot

Last edited by PastPilot : 30-07-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 31-07-2019, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman24
2. Self Hypnosis
3. Through your dreams

Hello there Wireman.
I have several fairly extensive collections of "other life" memories. It's very moving to think about what comes through and why, and what the texture and colour, the warp and woof of the particular memories are. Because they are coloured variously by who we were at the time, and what we had carried or become as of that point.

I do have some trauma around a few things. One event in particular has given me some trouble. Flashbacks and intense sensations of dying whilst in my sleep, eyes closed (through suffocation &/or strangulation). I really fought dying and it was gut-wrenching as my soul was ripped out sort of sideways and upside down. Then of course it was done and I was upright looking on. It was the intense feeling of dread and horror realising my sweet boy, my beloved son had killed me.

TBH I have not been the same since. I am working through my stuff but this is by far the most intense and lingering thing. It was triggered initially by a bad experience on the water 2 yrs back and then repeatedly is triggered by different stuff. Prior to my recent holiday, it would come on just sitting at my desk, f's sake. More recently, it's overwhelm that brings it on. But I need to work through the overwhelm so I can stay open and feel things normally once more. I was shattered for a few yrs so now I have to adjust to feeling deeply once more, and I really want to get back to that.

My question is this...is working through what you recall going to help with the PTSD and the overwhelm of opening the heart again (as it should be)?
What if -- and this is almost guaranteed -- the memories around those traumatic other life events are mostly all bad, really horrid. For me, it's a tough call. I don't know if I can handle too many more memories like that one I mentioned. I fear I'll shut down or worse, shatter again. How is it that something good comes out of further recall of traumatic memories? Is this a likely occurrence, that you find nuggets amidst the trauma?

I am asking sincerely, because I need to understand. I need to see if this is the best approach. I am leaning toward maybe talking to some Tibetan monks who are well-versed in this area and at least could understand and probably could offer some deeper or broader insight into the whole situation. Thank you for your thoughts.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke

Last edited by 7luminaries : 31-07-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: sp...
Old 05-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Master
BTW, seems the overwhelm is slowly calming down a bit now...after some activities on holiday recently (in July) probably did trigger it a bit. But they also gave me some strength, once I'd got through them.

I wonder if the hypnotherapist has fled the room?
Perhaps so....

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-08-2019, 03:24 PM
Pathfinder
For many years I had the sensation of being stabbed through the back into the heart just as I fell asleep. It was painless; more like a memory, and I thought that was probably the way I would die.
Then, while working at a cash register with my mind essentially blank I suddenly saw this brute of a fellow with a thick black beard wearing leather armor. He was running up an embankment when he was stabbed in the back by a spearman. I somehow knew this was me in a past life and the light dawned. This was not how I would Die but how I had died in the past.