Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 19-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Master
Television sets...do they harm spirituatity

If it were up to me I'd not have a tv set in our home, but my husband enjoys tv so I have two tv sets in our home.
When I was in college and before I met my husband I didn'[t have tv and I noticed that I was not influenced by tv in that I had a high self esteem, I was more free, and I was more spiritual.
Do you think that the govt, controls us thru tv? Do you think they send subliminal messages or waves to us when we watch and so we are controlled by the govt?
What do you think
Spiritlite:dark1:
Old 19-10-2010, 05:47 PM
earthprowler

possibly but in my house they just make me lazy like an addict.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 PM
rip_ding_dong_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
possibly but in my house they just make me lazy like an addict.

really? cuz drugs tend to have that effect on people too lol.
Old 19-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Master

I agree w/ all your thoughts about tv. I saw on another thread you started reading Marciniak's book and so did I. Is that where you got the idea?

When kundalini hit I had much less desire for all types of media and am even starting to get sick of the internet. I thought that was impossible!

Do what feels best for you. You could try an experiment and avoid it for a week or a month and see how you feel about it.
Old 19-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Master
Yep got it from Marciniaks book but like I said I can't go without becuase my husband is so into it I can't avoid it.
Spiritlite
Old 19-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Jules

Just because your husband is so into it SL doens't mean you have to be. there's way's and means around it. Whilst he's watching it, you go into another room. Go to your bedroom, in the kitchen, go for a bath, whatever but to give you the time away from it. You could also suggest to your husband that you do something differrent rather than sitting in front of the tv, ie going for a walk, go bowling, go visit relatives, play games with the kids. In this day and age, tv has taken over society, just as the internet has, xbox, ps3's and all the rest of it. We're becoming conditioned to pay top whack for the best of everything when all it's doing is pushing family values further to the backburner. It's no wonder these days communication has gone out the window. The pleasure of reading a book has been taken away because you turn round and they're on the small screen. I'm using that as one example. Kids don't know how to play anymore, and people are starting to lose their sense of self, so taken in with 'soap life' and 'gossip' to name but a couple. The answer? turn the tv off, have a game of twister, play cards .. bake cakes! .. anything that involves family. Don't fall into the trap of letting 'Big Brother' conrol your life. Take it back Stand up and be counted. Love light and Laughter J x
Old 19-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Master
TY jules you're right on
Spiritlite
Old 19-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Master

meditate..
Old 19-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Guide
I think television, like anything, is bad in excess.

I also think the government controls us in far better and easier ways than just television.

But remember, self education is your best bet- the government can only lie to those who believe it.

So if you're just watching the simpsons or something, I think you're good, lol
Old 19-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Master
Thanks guys
SPiritlite