Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Experiencer
How do you know I did not look?

Do you have a clue about that?
Old 19-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That's actually the way of things. The only known is uncertainty. That's a contradiction, I know, but the entire Tao Te Ching is a contradiction. Contradiction in spiritual texts? Laozi was the master of that.

The Tao is like a bellows:
it is empty yet infinitely capable.
The more you use it, the more it produces;
the more you talk of it, the less you understand.

The Tao is like a bellows -The Tao is like the wind/flow
it is empty yet infinitely capable. - The Tao is all thing and all things are empty. Void=form and form=void.
The more you use it, the more it produces; - The more you are one with the Tao, the more fruit one enjoys for others and oneself.
the more you talk of it, the less you understand. - The Tao is about being. If you are talking lost in thought you are not being.
Old 19-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
How do you know I did not look?

Do you have a clue about that?

Does not your answer prove it?

What are the contradictions in Dzogchen that would send someone off on their own? That would make them say this is so wrong and contradictory?
Old 19-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Experiencer
If you want it to prove that...

I am not sure contradictions in a teaching are wrong, but I think people who want a "right path" to be handled down, often do not see contradictions within the teachings, practices and among masters, and in life itself. I hope Dzogchen is not without contradictions. How about you? Do you want Dzogchen to be without contradictions?
Old 19-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
And what I have found out is that the centralized path is full of contradictions, but the followers lack the ability to see that and they actively want to deny contradictions because of beliefs.

In my personal view, by the way, the enlightenment or realization is not bothered by contradictions, and zen masters who easily can be said to only meditate all the time, are among the most contradictory people on earth. :)

So which way is it. Are contradictions good or bad? If you don't see any is it because you understand and have experienced a thing or is it because you lack the ability to see?

Also I would say that if you are sitting around meditating all day you are not a master and have not realized the Tao.

All the best,
Old 19-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Experiencer
Do not expect me to handle you the right answer - a "right" answer? :)
Old 19-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Do not expect me to handle you the right answer - a "right" answer? :)

I'm not.

Just an FYI I don't follow Dzogchen or Buddhism or Yoga or Taoism for that matter

I have found a lot of truths in those paths. If you find contradictions it is from a lack of understanding on your own part.

For instance I can talk about emptiness all day long but until you experience it you have no true understanding.

The problem with new age is a lot of it is about what feels right. It is that desire for a feeling and the avoidance of others that keeps people stuck.

Good luck on your path.
Old 19-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Would you care to argue that point..;--}

I didn't mean the statement quite that literally LOL. I more meant...compared to doing hours of new age spiritual practise and reading loads of books, which is what some ppl do, all you would really need in that case is some meditation, in the context that self knowledge is more powerful and useful.

I know you don't need anything to become enlightened. ;)
Old 19-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I'm not.

Just an FYI I don't follow Dzogchen or Buddhism or Yoga or Taoism for that matter

I have found a lot of truths in those paths. If you find contradictions it is from a lack of understanding on your own part.

For instance I can talk about emptiness all day long but until you experience it you have no true understanding.

The problem with new age is a lot of it is about what feels right. It is that desire for a feeling and the avoidance of others that keeps people stuck.

Good luck on your path.

Thank you!
Old 19-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color

Quote:
Holly---I didn't mean the statement quite that literally LOL.

YEah I kwown, was in jovial mood...all is good..no argument from me

Quote:
I more meant...compared to doing hours of new age spiritual practise and reading loads of books, which is what some ppl do, all you would really need in that case is some meditation, in the context that self knowledge is more powerful and useful.

I know you don't need anything to become enlightened. ;)

Enlightment comes and goes....minute by minute or hours or day......nobody is just becomes enlightend that is how its from then on....

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman