Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-07-2012, 04:00 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

You reacted when I posted news items from academic sources. You wrote "The reason I started this thread though was to share breaking spiritual news (not ideas or courses), i.e. that is generated/made available to the general public." You seem to see a difference between newspapers and academic sources for "breaking news". The true breaking news happens not only on the street but in field research and is reported differently. If you actually looked at the links I gave, you will see they are not about courses (although some are available) but about conferences. There you will find the most up to date information about spiritual news. What we get from the media is a watered down, censored version and it is behind the times.

I have reread the links you gave - it would be less confusing if you gave the direct links to this breaking news found in field research that you mention. All I can find is a category of publications (in the Transformative Learning Centre and Blue-Star; the Indian Psychology Institute has articles) which don't seem to be about current spiritual breaking news. If they are - please identify them.
Old 26-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
I have reread the links you gave - it would be less confusing if you gave the direct links to this breaking news found in field research that you mention. All I can find is a category of publications (in the Transformative Learning Centre and Blue-Star; the Indian Psychology Institute has articles) which don't seem to be about current spiritual breaking news. If they are - please identify them.

I'm too busy to research all of that for you. These are the best sites for quality material. Just look up the conferences and browse through them, if you want to. There is a quite a lot of stuff.

For Blue Star just watch any of the streamed workshops - they are also on Youtube.

The Indian Psychology Institute is just beginning to do the research to empirically validate their claims - it's going to take the next 30 years to get it out. It's a site to watch.
Old 26-07-2012, 03:12 AM
Animus27

http://www.realitysandwich.com/remot...r eam_science this is interesting
Old 26-07-2012, 09:02 AM
amy green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27

Thanks Matt for this remote viewing link. So Farsight Institute are throwing down the gauntlet to mainstream science huh?! Interesting.

Old 28-07-2012, 05:36 PM
amy green

Science News 27th July 2012

Studies of lucid dreamers show which centers of the brain become active when we become aware of ourselves dreaming.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0727095555.htm

[edited to provide link]
Old 21-08-2012, 10:23 AM
amy green

Native American Spiritual Beliefs Influential in Spurring Youth to Avoid Drugs and Alcohol
ScienceDaily (Aug. 20, 2012) — New research indicates that urban native American youth who follow American Indian traditional spiritual beliefs are less likely to use drugs and alcohol. Arizona State University social scientists will present their findings at the 107th Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association in Denver, Colorado.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0820110807.htm

[edited to insert link]
Old 26-09-2012, 09:38 AM
amy green

Spirituality Key to Chinese Medicine Success: Study Explores Why Chinese Medicine Has Stood the Test of Time
ScienceDaily (Sep. 25, 2012) — Are the longevity and vitality of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) due to its holistic approach? Indeed, Chinese medicine is not simply about treating illness, but rather about taking care of the whole person -- body, mind, and spirit.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0925102517.htm

[edited to insert link]
Old 27-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Master
Nice to know that some trick cyclists approve of TCM which is only a few thousand years old.
Also nice to know that a meditation technique I have been practicing for over 30 years is seen to have value
Old 27-09-2012, 03:56 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Nice to know that some trick cyclists approve of TCM which is only a few thousand years old.
Also nice to know that a meditation technique I have been practicing for over 30 years is seen to have value
Yeah I know how you feel norseman but, as I explained earlier in this thread, this is science (read mainstream) acknowledging these issues. As such, it then becomes more likely to be acceptable to the majority. Baby steps....

Old 05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
amy green

Compassion Meditation May Boost Neural Basis of Empathy, Study Finds
ScienceDaily (Oct. 4, 2012) — A compassion-based meditation program can significantly improve a person's ability to read the facial expressions of others, finds a study published by Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience. This boost in empathic accuracy was detected through both behavioral testing of the study participants and through functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) scans of their brain activity.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1004093504.htm

[edited to provide link]