Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-02-2018, 10:44 PM
Knower
AP from a lucid dream (same topic, new thread)

Hi, these questions have been asked before, but I wanted some input on a particular experience I had in a lucid dream. I was more or less aware that I was dreaming (because I noticed some inconsistencies that I ascribed to being in a dream environment), when I walked into a room that had a lit (but not brightly lit) spot that seemed to be "going up", for lack of a better word. I walked into that spot and immediately started travelling upwards.

At this point, I realized that I was probably travelling outside of my body, since it felt very similar to other experiences where there was no longer any dream content, but only the sensation of moving through the air (I tentatively group these as "out of body" experiences, though of course it's hard to know for sure). I could not really see anything while I was moving, because as far as I know, I was still using my "dream vision", except that there was not anything to see anymore. Also, the very thought that I might be having an OOB was a little unnerving.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has anyone gone from this type of experience (that might be "out of body") into a more typical AP experience as described by other people, where you can actually see where you are going?

To be honest, I also wonder about the point of all of this. Is there any reason why this experience happens? (is this apparent "lift off" point created by my mind, and why? especially since I seem to just be flying around with no apparent direction and without any notion of where I'm going :-) )