Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 05-01-2019, 01:05 AM
Master
Unhappy Affirmation Problems

A.K.A "Be careful what you wish for".

So, for the past few months, I have been affirming that I would like to be noticed by others more, instead of always being ignored..

In the past week alone, I have been pulled over by the police conducting random checks, the housing department has contacted me saying they would like to inspect the property in a week, social services contacted me saying they want to conduct an income and assets audit, I had the Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses (I can never tell) around today and my email was spammed up the wazoo this morning.

All that leaves me saying to the universe "I TAKE IT ALL BACK..DO NOT WANT!"

So now, I am going to have to do more affirmations to undo the previous affirmations....sucks, doesn't it?
Old 05-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Ascender
I am sorry.
I myself manifest a lover from Great Britain like I wanted. But I wasn't specifying enough that he would be happy settling down with me and adore me and be emotionally avail! UUgg!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
I am sorry.
I myself manifest a lover from Great Britain like I wanted. But I wasn't specifying enough that he would be happy settling down with me and adore me and be emotionally avail! UUgg!

So you wanted a British man to be emotionally available?? You are indeed an optimist. British men are not known for their emotional sensitivity. Perhaps something to do with being on a small island and being quite insular. I speak as a British man. Good luck with your future lovers.

Peace.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
A.K.A "Be careful what you wish for".

So, for the past few months, I have been affirming that I would like to be noticed by others more, instead of always being ignored..

In the past week alone, I have been pulled over by the police conducting random checks, the housing department has contacted me saying they would like to inspect the property in a week, social services contacted me saying they want to conduct an income and assets audit, I had the Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses (I can never tell) around today and my email was spammed up the wazoo this morning.

All that leaves me saying to the universe "I TAKE IT ALL BACK..DO NOT WANT!"

So now, I am going to have to do more affirmations to undo the previous affirmations....sucks, doesn't it?

Indeed, be careful what you wish for.

Perhaps instead of affirming that you wanted to be noticed by others rather than being ignored, you could have affirmed something like you wanted to be acknowledged and respected for who you are.

The universe gives us what we ask for, so we need to ask wisely.

Peace.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:23 AM
Hi Shivani...Just a reminder ya always have to be specific....clear...precise.

Not: I need to sell my car.
Instead: I am going to sell my car at full price within 2 weeks.

Then, believe it, smile...cause it's gonna happen.

(I really know what I'm talking about when it comes to this stuff....
the whole LOA thing.)

Ha, I did repetitive affirmations in 1976 I read in a magazine, great...
Oh they worked alright...except 3 married men fell in love with me....then,
one of the wives! And 2 undesirable single men all in one month.
And I mean love!...Major crushes on me.

Oh brother.

Just realized that's 42 yrs doing affirmations and manifesting things...Ha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Lorelyen

Yes, you have specify with precision!
If you have a mo, watch the film Bedazzled (the Peter Cook/Dudley Moore version) It's a priceless example of where inadequate specification can lead one.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Ascender
Talking British men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So you wanted a British man to be emotionally available?? You are indeed an optimist. British men are not known for their emotional sensitivity. Perhaps something to do with being on a small island and being quite insular. I speak as a British man. Good luck with your future lovers.

Peace.

ROFLOL You are hilarious Mr. British.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:40 PM
Deactivated Account

I agree with Ms. Hep, you have to be specific. I remember many years ago I did a very effective vision board, I put on it I wanted to be more 'spiritual'. The lettering really was vague, I put up a lot of cute new age clippings...... well, I got spiritual alright, LOL spiritual awakening of sorts, filled with ego shredding and dark learning growing periods, phew!!! I am Thankful for the experience, but my older self knows better now, andI only wish to be more spiritually 'centered and balanced'. Nothing more or less, its a healthy space.

So yeah, specifics is key on any form of divinity I feel