Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 30-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Knower

Letting go of something you keep being reminded of?

I keep being told that the real "secret" to the LOA is that you have to focus on what you what and then completely let it go. But I keep seeing direct reminders of what I focused on - specific names and places, etc. How do I continue to let go of something when I keep being constantly reminded of it?
Old 30-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumeria
I keep being told that the real "secret" to the LOA is that you have to focus on what you what and then completely let it go. But I keep seeing direct reminders of what I focused on - specific names and places, etc. How do I continue to let go of something when I keep being constantly reminded of it?
But, it is something you want, correct?
No problem thinking and desiring it and being happy that you
know it's on it's way to you.
You can let go of 'how' it is going to happen and trust the 'Universe"...
to do it's thing.
You let go of any 'control' or of when it is going to come to you.
Just know it's coming...your desire of it and strong emotion
about it gives it more umphf.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Knower

Ah, okay. Yep, definitely something I want. Thanks Miss Hepburn! :)
Old 18-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

Notice them and let them pass, and don't make them mean anything. Or you can smile, enjoy the feeling that you get when they remind you of your desire, then let them pass. The problem isn't noticing this stuff, it's being too *attached* to it.

(One approach: say your thing you want, is a happy relationship - and you are trying to let go of the desire, but you keep seeing happy couples everywhere. Bless them! Imagine yourself thanking them for existing. If it's possible for them, it's possible for you.)
Old 22-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Knower

^ Thank you! Great thoughts. :)
Old 19-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Robertj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But, it is something you want, correct?
No problem thinking and desiring it and being happy that you
know it's on it's way to you.
You can let go of 'how' it is going to happen and trust the 'Universe"...
to do it's thing.
You let go of any 'control' or of when it is going to come to you.
Just know it's coming...your desire of it and strong emotion
about it gives it more umphf.

I HAVE TO AGREE :)
Old 19-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Experiencer

One way to "let go" of an intention is to bind that intention into a symbolic activity - a creation of an object, a ritual, a psychodrama of some kind. You raise energy - exercise, dance, play music, masturbate, whatever - and bring your physical energy into the activity while doing it. You will at some point experience a "click" while charging your intention, where all of your chi/mana/prana/etc discharges - your intention will fire from your unconscious into your higher mind. You are getting it *out* of your conscious and into the hands of the part of you that is going to actually work on the problem. If you did it correctly, you don't need to worry about forgetting about your intention. Unless you're truly obsessed with the issue and or have OCD (I say this as someone with OCD), you WILL forget. You will forget you even performed the working at all. This is not a one-time thing. This is something you practice, practice, practice at.

Think of it this way. Your higher self carries out your intentions, but it listens to your unconscious. You are using symbols and drama to get through to that child mind. It will also respond to direct, simple orders.

If you have Christian cultural baggage and are nervous about anything that smacks of "omg I'm doing witchcraft", there are lots of systems that don't have that "I'm doing witchcraft" vibe to them - like Huna (google that). If you think this is spooky stuff then you will bring "spooky" into your work and possibly create "spooky" experiences for yourself, so go with the one that doesn't feel "spooky" to you. On the other hand, a "spooky" vibe might be what your subconscious registers as "I'm willing my intention into the world", so that may be just what you go for.

This is probably arrogant of me to say but the REAL secret to LOA is that it's a dumbed down, fortune cookie version of what has worked for thousands of years, for thousands of people, and can instill a kind of learned helplessness. It also risks that the user think that the path of perfecting your spiritual will is about manifesting lottery wins. The rabbit hole is much deeper.
Old 15-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Seeker

I have experienced the exact same thing, I try to let go but keep getting signs.
I've been asking the question over and over again on other forums, but not been getting a proper answer.
I like the idea to just smile and let it pass and not fix on it.
Another answer I got, only this morning, is to recognise the sign and then apply the sign to mean something else. For instance, if there's a certain song that reminds you of your desire, then tell yourself it's only a song and let it go.
I prefer though what Nux says about smiling and letting it pass :)
Old 30-09-2015, 01:21 AM
lunachild816

Ugh I keep getting the same thing as you. Constant reminders of something I DONT want to be reminded of. Mostly it's the persons name I see everywhere.... mostly the last name. I don't know how to feel about it... I dont know if it's a sign from the universe/from spirit that something is going to happen with that person or if I should do something about it.... I'm going to choose to take the road of acknowledgement, say OK i see that, thank you, keep a steady neutral emotion, and then (try to) forget about it. But really, it's been driving me craaaaaaaayzayyyyyy
Old 02-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

Lol,that's just the universe telling you on it's way. You must be focusing really strong! I'd say smile inwardly and let it go happily. Find something to distract yourself positively perhaps.

"Change is the only constant."