Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 27-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Henri77

The critic reviews are only middling, though for a 3 hr philosophical epic with so many characters to follow, this is to be expected.

Even the very slow moving mind bender 2001 fared better with the critics it seems. Though space exploration was hot in the public minds those days.
Old 28-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Nada

OK,
I saw it today on an IMAX screen.
It was 3 hrs long. So go to the restroom before the movie. There was no-intermission.

It was an ambitious project.
But both my husband and I agree that this movie was trying to cover too many past life stories into 3hours.
It just was not able to cover the depth of the stories, as most books that have been made into movies.

Nonetheless, it was very entertaining.
Spiritual? NO. Not really. Was it trying? Yes but it was not able to really capture it.

But it was still worth while to watch it on a big screen.

Be sure to stay and see the credits at the end because it shows which actor/actress was playing which characters. We were very surprise to discover who was playing which characters. Great makeup workmanship!!!
Old 28-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Master
3 hours ? wow, that's long.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:24 AM
Suspended
Experiencer
Finally saw it a few days ago. Too much melodrama, too little philosophy, too tangled a plot - but great makeup. The gist is: 'what you sow, you shall reap' - only applied over more than one lifetime.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Henri77

Karma for Dummies I guess.

Keep repeating the theme till they get it.
Well It's rarely been expressed in films ,beyond one incarnation....so it's still a challenging idea for many or most.

I take it orthodox Christianity, Islam & Judaism don't embrace reincarnation. That's quite a lot of folks, to say nothing of Atheists, and those with no religious inclination.
Apparently Hinduism & Buddhism support the idea ... about 20-25% of the world population.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Knower
Just saw it today and I liked it. But the book is probably much better, thats why I bought it right after I left the theatre as there was a bookstore right by

Old 18-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Pinkroses

I saw it last night. I didn't "love" it, but did find it interesting. The beginning I thought was a bit confusing. Too many stories going on at one time. It took awhile before I could sort it out and figure out which characters were the same in various lives. I was not a fan of the gory parts, and thought the film could have done without them.

My husband didn't automatically assume the characters were reincarnated. He suggested that there may have been some overlap during the stories and that maybe they could have been parallel lives. I hadn't considered that and assumed that they were they same souls living different lives together over and over.

The length of the flim didn't really bother me because it managed to hold my interest. I do think it was worth seeing.
Old 18-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkroses

My husband didn't automatically assume the characters were reincarnated. He suggested that there may have been some overlap during the stories and that maybe they could have been parallel lives. I hadn't considered that and assumed that they were they same souls living different lives together over and over.

Good point... who's to say parallel lives/universes isn't a reality for some of us

Last edited by Henri77 : 18-11-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Experiencer
I saw it yesterday. It was a good movie. The plot was somewhat difficult to grasp but I feel that this was done on purpose so it created parallels with our own lives.

All in all very thought provoking, action filled movie.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Mariposa

I saw this movie two weeks ago and I enjoyed it. The make-up was great and so was the acting. I plan on watching it again , after I read the book because after reading the synopsis for the book, it seems much better (as with most cases :) ).
I admit, I did think the reincarnation aspect would be much more than what it was, but for the concept not being touched so much, I thought it was great.