Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Yeah I just looked again.
The Watchman trailer was apparently conceived more as a music video than a traditional trailer, and why it is so compelling, rather than truly beautiful. The music is 1/2 its magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg
A trailer to me is an advert, it's design is to sell the movie.
Considering the market place for movies, there are only a limited number of screens and every man and his dog wants ot show the movie at specific times,
over here in Oz, during the various school holidays spread throughout the year.

And it's a gamble as to how to make the trailer depending on how many themes are in the movie.
If a movie has appeal to numerous groups of people, a number of different trailers can be made to appeal to each demographic.
Or if the creators are a bit insucure they may over sell the movie in the trialer because they think not many will go see it.
Also if Watchmen is not a widely known story, like superman or batman, they may have overdone the trailer to get the people who have never heard of it into the theatres.

There's a zillion resaons why someone would make a trailer a certain way.
My usual rule of thumb is i don't watch them, and i fi do, i remove from my mind as soon as i have decided to go see the movie.

One thing i have noticed with trailers, sometimes i will see a scene in one that i especially like,
but when i go see the movie, that scene is not in it and the whole movie experience is negatively tainted with the disappointment of not seeing that specific scene.

Regardless of how much prior knowledge i have of a movie, when i actually see it, the experience is always much much better
when i remove all prior knowledge and just immerse myself in the movie experience.
I can compare and analyse afterwards, not during.