Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-07-2018, 03:45 PM
Experiencer

the end of suffering

This is a tweet I made today:

Suffering is a 'call for love' - it means you need love. The end of suffering is in the realization that you ALREADY have, and in fact ARE, the love you need.
Old 24-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Master

You start a lot of threads, or it seems to me like that. Their subjects attract my attention, but always your posts pass by me. You seem very well meaning, but somehow I don't find a follow through in them. I'll keep checking from time to time, maybe I'll get it.
Old 24-07-2018, 07:58 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You start a lot of threads, or it seems to me like that. Their subjects attract my attention, but always your posts pass by me. You seem very well meaning, but somehow I don't find a follow through in them. I'll keep checking from time to time, maybe I'll get it.

Thanks for the feedback. You're probably right. I'll do some 'listening' about it.

Peace.
Old 24-07-2018, 08:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul

Suffering is a 'call for love' - it means you need love. The end of suffering is in the realization that you ALREADY have, and in fact ARE, the love you need.

That is one perspective. I suppose that the Buddhists would say that suffering has its origins in desire. Let go of desire (and aversion) and suffering ceases.

Or as Byron Katie would say, suffering is resisting the reality of the present moment. If we hold on to our story of how things should be rather than how things are, then we suffer. The end of suffering is loving what is.

Peace.
Old 24-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
That is one perspective. I suppose that the Buddhists would say that suffering has its origins in desire. Let go of desire (and aversion) and suffering ceases.

Or as Byron Katie would say, suffering is resisting the reality of the present moment. If we hold on to our story of how things should be rather than how things are, then we suffer. The end of suffering is loving what is.

Peace.

I really love your post. You seem (based on my very limited knowledge of both Buddhism and the teachings of Byron Katie - I've never fully 'gotten into' either) to have a very good idea of the causes and cessation of suffering.

ACIM teaches that desires (and attachments) arise because we have illusory lack of love and an illusion of separation from God. Until our need for oneness is met, endless other 'needs' will arise.

Denying 'what is' also may have its roots in separation and lack of love.

Thanks for your post and exploring this topic, because I feel that we're adding some very important truths about suffering.
Old 24-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Experiencer

iamthat,

I wanted to add that, in his book Beyond Mindfulness, Stephan Bodian (who was a Buddhist monk) says that Buddhism teaches that attachment arises from not having (or the illusion of not having) our Buddha nature.

Some of you who are steeped in Buddhist teachings may disagree with Bodian about that. I really don't know that's just what he said.
Old 25-07-2018, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:

Yes indeedy .

The realization of what you are (Self Realization) is beyond suffering .

The moment there is a 'you' there is suffering because there is no 'you' of the realization .

It's that whole aspect of experiencing in comparison with 'being'

You can't love yourself in the same way that what you are is Love .

Loving Self and being Love are different .

Loving Self is suffering compared to being Love .

x daz x
Old 25-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Master
I like your point of view happy soul.
I would say suffering is a human condition, in that as long as we have a body we will suffer.
When you think about it the whole of nature under the auspices of time, which on one hand, is here for us, on the other hand is basically slowly (sometimes quickly) destroying us.
Desire obviously has an effect of enhancing our suffering from a mental aspect. Some would argue that suffering is a consequence of karma and desire, which I would agree with, but I would still say that as long as we have a body, we will suffer.
Old 25-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Experiencer

God-Like, I think you have a good point. Realization is a knowledge of what we ARE, not the act loving, either oneself or others.

peteyzen, I see your point, perhaps it would be unrealistic to think we could completely be free of suffering on earth. Yet, we can probably be free of it TO SOME EXTENT.
Old 26-07-2018, 07:29 AM
Master
Quote:
God-Like, I think you have a good point. Realization is a knowledge of what we ARE, not the act loving, either oneself or others.

Hi Happy

Can you see a difference in there 'being' Love and knowing that you are the Love you need?

Do you not associate suffering in knowing compared to being?

How do peeps know they are the love they need in order to end suffering?

The realization in my eyes is 'being the love' the knowing of Love is not the realization itself .

See the difference?

x daz x