Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Experiencer

a post about healing

I just wanted to tell everybody to check out my post in the section 'Healing'.

I shared a good way to heal yourself whenever you're suffering.

I'm telling you all here because I know some people probably don't check out the entire forum.
Old 24-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Lorelyen

I read your piece on the Healing section. It's a wonderful aim but suffering is such a big subject that some kind of diagnostic would surely be right before providing a cure. My own beliefs are that physiological suffering alone is possible but it's never far from what people like to call "psychological"/emotional. And emotional pain or stress can bring about physical ills.

It could arise for many reasons, perhaps not for the reason you quote although love could alleviate the condition for some. A therapist would try to get to the root of suffering. For example, the lonely person just diagnosed with a terminal condition will face suffering along at least two vectors - the growing physical pain and the realisation that they are to pass on soon. Some people can cope with that, others can't. So someone offering love one way or another could alleviate some of the pain - because they care, empathy is crossing through. It doesn't ameliorate the physical suffering but might make it easier to face.

It does take a particular kind of person, I reckon, to help in the way you describe. You might be such a person. You'd be truly at peace with yourself; you'd be sensitive enough to avoid a dependency that would drain you. (I've met such people.) But it means the sufferer would trust the healer almost instantly and feel very at east with them.
Old 24-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I hold the view that the 'root' of all our suffering, even physical illness, is an ILLUSION of separation, which is synonymous with the illusion of lack of love.

But I agree with you that, at least in many cases, a diagnostic or understanding of the exact details of the problem, is helpful (and necessary).

On the other hand, I have used the technique to heal even physical illness.

I think it depends on the individual and the circumstances. BUT, ultimately, God (Spirit) CAN do anything, even heal a seemingly incurable illness. I don't like to place ultimately illusory, self-imposed limits on the power of God within me (or others).