Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Happyheart

Don't seem to travel when hubby is next to me

Hi,

I have AP'd at least 5 or 6 times that I know of in the past 6 months, but every time I do, it is when my hubby isn't in bed with me. It has always happened when he has gone to work, and I have gotten up to say goodbye, then returned to bed. Once I almost lifted out when he was next to me, I had my arm out at one stage, then he chose that moment to roll over and snap me out of it. He doesn't know I'm doing it, I've never told him as he is sceptical in this regard.

I also can't seem to do it at will, it is usually when I am tired and return to bed for an extra hour of shut-eye, and I get the vibrations and buzzing and know what it means (thanks to the wonderful people on this forum helping me earlier in the year when I thought I was going mad!). If I get the signs now instead of panicking like I used to I simply roll out of my body.

Is the presence of my hubby too distracting, or am I subconsciously afraid he won't be able to wake me if he needs to? And why does it never happen at night? Any answers would be welcome as I'm still a beginner at this.

xxxlove Happyheart
Old 16-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Alan

It most likely doesn't happen at night because this is when we are mentally tired and so being conscious in the astral is not as likely. When you get up in the morning after several hours of sleep, your mind is rested and relaxed, but your body is still sleepy. This would be why you find it easier to project at this time.

It may not be anything to do with your husband, simply the times at which he is with you in bed are the same times that you are mentally tired, and thus less likely to project. Whether it's some subconscious block of yours in regard to your husband, I don't know, that's for you to figure out.
Old 16-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Master

There have been times when I was about to project and my husband does something to disturb me. He moves or does something. The process is wrecked.
Old 24-12-2010, 06:47 AM
traveler

practice with sound

if you can get one, try a sound machine that people use to help go to sleep... ya know the ones with the ocean wave or nature sounds. they work great if your sleeping next to someone
Old 25-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Happyheart

Thanks for your replies

Alan, I think you may be right and hubby has little to do with it. I have tried to project on purpose with him and without him next to me, with the same results. I've come to the conclusion I can't force it and have to let it choose me.

Astralsuzy, I know how you feel

Traveler, that's a great idea, thanks