Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 30-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Master

May not be real

Hi all, perhaps I should not say this. I hope I will not irritate anyone. I know bad things in the astral can happen. Sometimes things can come from your mind and it is not real. I know at times it has come from my mind and it is not real. Do you ever think what you experienced may not be real? I get the feeling that everyone wants to think their experiences are real.
Old 30-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Havardr Novak

I think its highly possible.
Its probably a manifestation of something that one may think is real due to a connection to it probably through an emotion most likely, but it would turn out to be nothing more than something like a hologram nothing more than an image. Telling whether its real or not may prove to be difficult or it could be rather simple. It could be like telling the difference between Projecting or Lucid dreaming, there are usually unmistakable signs between the two that tell which one your are having.
Old 30-01-2014, 08:24 PM
TheAshCooper

What defines real?

I'm telling you I met God in space one evening and had the most profound time. It happend. I was there. It was real.

Everything you perceive is real. Otherwise what is reality?
Old 31-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Hi all, perhaps I should not say this. I hope I will not irritate anyone. I know bad things in the astral can happen. Sometimes things can come from your mind and it is not real. I know at times it has come from my mind and it is not real. Do you ever think what you experienced may not be real? I get the feeling that everyone wants to think their experiences are real.

Once you have dealt with manifested thought-forms and separate astral entities it is quite easy to tell the difference, at least it is for me. Obviously when I'm sitting in a classroom full of spirits who all have their own mind, their own views, their own opinion of me, etc. they are not going to be from my mind. Thought-forms are very predictable because they are a part of us and if we don't know ourselves then who does? When someone who doesn't have the same experience comes into contact with a friendly being that they perceive as an "angel" or a "guardian" or a "guide" they have no problem coming to the conclusion that it is a separate astral being whose sole purpose is to help and protect them. But as soon as they hear about or come into contact with a being who isn't friendly, who is dark, and who they are scared of that is when they come to the conclusion it is from their or someone else's mind. Obviously this isn't going to be the case for everyone but it is what I have noticed most of the time. People use the whole "it probably is from your/my mind" as a self-defense mechanism to protect themselves from the truth that they very well could encounter something in the astral that they don't want to. I think people would be surprised by how often what they are coming into contact with is actually a separate astral being and not "from their mind." But I think if they came to that conclusion they would be so terrified that they would ignore that and go back to convincing themselves it was only from their mind. Spirits in the astral are more than happy to act like and make you believe they are your own constructs. That makes things much easier for them and apparently for most projectors as well.
Old 31-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
ALL your experiences are real. What might not be real beyond your imagination are the things that made up your experience.

I have considered whether or not things are real. There is no way to be sure. I do know that some experiences are clearly symbolic in nature and some clearly have external permanence of their own. Clarity however is no guarantee.

Like all experiences, their value is what you might learn from them. It does not matter the nature of the scenarios that play out.

There is also the matter of the purpose of experience to you. Do you ever read fiction? Is there value in that for you?

------------
Bad things can happen EVERYWHERE. In my experience, astral travel is no more dangerous than sitting at home.
Old 31-01-2014, 05:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshCooper
What defines real?

I'm telling you I met God in space one evening and had the most profound time. It happend. I was there. It was real.

Everything you perceive is real. Otherwise what is reality?
What a lovely experience you had. You will remember that for ever. I think everyone would love to experience what you experienced.
Old 31-01-2014, 05:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
does? When someone who doesn't have the same experience comes into contact with a friendly being that they perceive as an "angel" or a "guardian" or a "guide" they have no problem coming to the conclusion that it is a separate astral being whose sole purpose is to help and protect them. But as soon as they hear about or come into contact with a being who isn't friendly, who is dark, and who they are scared of that is when they come to the conclusion it is from their or someone else's mind. Obviously this isn't going to be the case for everyone but it is what I have noticed most of the time.
I am going to be honest as I am an honest person. You are probably right Astral Explorer. People seem to like to think they see angels or guardian angels as real. When they hear about people seeing dark things, they think it comes from your mind. Either way, they both can come from your mind or it can be real. My knowledge is limited. I do not know a lot what is out there in the astral if there really are creatures out there. One day I might try and find out. I am not sure how. I have had a lot of experiences. My experiences have been mostly wonderful. There was one time I got run over by a train. That was not a pleasant experience. I ap on to the train track and got run over. I ap all over the place. I can end up anywhere.
Old 31-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
ALL your experiences are real. What might not be real beyond your imagination are the things that made up your experience.

I have considered whether or not things are real. There is no way to be sure. I do know that some experiences are clearly symbolic in nature and some clearly have external permanence of their own. Clarity however is no guarantee.

Like all experiences, their value is what you might learn from them. It does not matter the nature of the scenarios that play out.

There is also the matter of the purpose of experience to you. Do you ever read fiction? Is there value in that for you?

------------
Bad things can happen EVERYWHERE. In my experience, astral travel is no more dangerous than sitting at home.
I agree, bad things can happen anywhere.
I have come to the conclusion that we may not know for sure if our experiences are real or not. I now think it does not matter. If the experience was meaningful then that is all that matters. Sometimes it is obvious that it came from my mind.

Havardr Novak you are probably right. To some extent I think we have all seen things that are not real. I also think a lot of things we see is real
Old 31-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Master
Hey, Do you think it might have anything to do with the distinction between lucid dreaming and obe? Its something ive pondered alot lately, just as possibility, altho i must admit i pretty much keep clear of this board now, because i just cant be bothered with its themes, bit overkill on the same stuff for me personally and leaving little in the way of scope for anythng else but, lately ive wondered if the rtz is just a massive playground for lucid dreamers with a good dose of skill in there dreaming abilitys, the differences are very subtle, maybe so subtle they've been confuzzled slightly? bit like sleeping and meditation, there is a fine line right! One i often cross into a lovely little sleep lol but when my minds in nothing from meditation it would be pretty difficult to tell if infact, i wasnt just lightly sleeping, thats just for purpose of analogy to help explain myself, best i could come up with off the top of my head!
Just a thought, I have others lol but that is all for now! just be cool to hear some ideas on it! Not defensive posts tho please as im only talking about some ideas ive pondered and am interested in yours, within this possibility, not and i repeat NOT, trying to disprove anyones experiences, before that bandwagon gets started :)
Loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 31-01-2014, 01:51 PM
mimihigurashi

"Real"? I expected more from an experienced astral traveler.. Define "reality".
Everything is real. The difference is the state of consciousness or the plane you are currently on. Like right now, we're in the physical plane. Does the mere fact that we are in the physical make it the only "reality"? What's so special about this low vibrational realm that grants it the title of the only reality?
Everything is manifested by the mind of god/collective consciousness/universal mind/whatever-you-want-to-call-it in various planes of reality, I can't understand how something is not "real". Same as in the astral, at least in my opinion, everything that exists there has the same "level of reality". Be it something you found that was already there, or something new that you manifested. Whatever you manifest is created with your consciousness which is part of the collective consciousness which manifests everything else in existence, it's the same thing but on different scales.