Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 07-07-2018, 04:30 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Question ??????????????????????

Quote:
Compendium.. but the energy of my conciousness has and enjoys an infinite life on the otherside of the Veil.

First, we put aside all of your false projections and false mischaracterizations and presumtions directed at me rather than actually addressing even one specific statement/comment by me as stated is not fair play and lacks a degree of moral integrity.

"Infinite life"? No evidence of such infinite or eternal life, so delusional.

"Veil"? What exactly is this "veil"? Do you have a dictionary definition that associates even a little with this so called "veil" of yours?

Where exactly is this "veil" located?

If infinite life is on one side of this alledged "veil", then what is on the other side. Please try to elaborated with clarity and specifics as much as possible.

As child, we ask my quasi-christian scientist mother where is this God she kept referencing? And she would point toward the ceiling, meaning up-there.

Even as child, I was more astute than my mother or father in pathways of rational, logical common sense. Being a child of 60's and questioning authority also helped.

Her sister, an avid christain scientist also lack some of this rational, logical common sense ways of thinking ex when I ask my aunt about people that live on other planets not having access to any jeus information, how are they to be 'saved'.

She had difficulty getting her head around the idea of other planets much less any planets with intelligent life on them.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 07-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Experiencer

R6r6 for this one time I am going to allow myself some freedom of verbal expression.

In all of your logical thinking are you incapable of understanding a paragraph rebutting your ideas to the point you need an itemized check list?

Why are you even here if your sole purpose seems to be causing disturbances when it comes to spiritual beliefs? Do you think you are going to sway others from what they know and believe?

I dont have time to quote and respond so this has to do.

First of all I never attacked you that is you own vanity/ego assuming that. Once again I am not attacking you it is a simple observation based on your assumption of what I said.

God/The Creator/Source/Allah etc they are all the same, anyways God is within us and all around us He is the air you breath and the chair you sit on.

The veil is describing the frequencies of vibration that we cannot see. In this case it is being used as a noun describing something you cant see through.

Life/The energy that makes us is eternal for those who believe in a creator we maintain our conciousness for those who strictly believe in science it is still valid through the laws of conservation of mass and energy. This scientific law states that energy cannot be destroyed and that mass is contained within a closed system.

I have had the pleasure of conversing with deceased relatives in dreams and I have woken up with information which proved they where visiting me, information that I couldnt possibly know without being told by someone who has crossed over. I am sorry you havent had the pleasure of something like this.

As far as your mother and aunt are concerned I am sorry someone beat you over the head with traditional beliefs and the bible. The bible is a nice metaphorical/historical reference, but is inherently flawed as it was written by men hundreds of years after the death of Jesus. Not to mention hundreds of books and teachings were omitted so the church could exert control over the population. Further more those who created the bible as we know it added and omitted things they felt they needed. Homosexuality was added as a sin in the Hebrew bible and the Rabbi`s have admitted this was done to increase the Jewish population. Reincarnation was omitted because they didnt think people would understand it. Just a few places showing how men altered the teachings and I am sure there are many other places it has been altered.

This conversation between us and any in the future is over. You have no desire to learn, entertain, explore an alternate belief system. Your purpose for being here is to "Bring people to their senses". You lack a spiritual belief system it seems and it also seems you have no desire to adopt one.

If you are interested in exploring a belief system you should start with Quantum Physics and string theory. You can see the proof of this theory through the light slit experiment.

Good day, good life, good bye
Old 07-07-2018, 08:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeboNow
I’ve been reading posts in Science and Spirituality and one thing that impresses me in nearly every one is the level of conviction of the authors. Subjects include such hard-to-pin-down concepts as time, quantum mechanics, death, corporeal existence, and self/other, but even the most elusive themes are presented as absolute statements of “what is” as if they’re the most definitive picture of reality.

The problem I have is that each of these definitive statements of “what is” presents a different truth with its own center of gravity and no relation to, and sometimes in contradiction to, other truths. They bring to mind the image of a field of Easter Island monoliths each staring fixedly at “the truth” but each staring in a different direction.

I’ve had a few seemingly paranormal experiences and spiritual epiphanies over the years, and at least the paranormal ones clearly fall under existing labels such as precognition and past-life connections. But I have trouble being absolutely certain the experiences were what I perceived them to be, and even more trouble being certain about their explanation.

I readily accept the possibility that the insights in some of the posts come from a spiritual voice of wisdom external to the author, but surely not all of them do. For those that don’t, I see four ways the insights can be generated within the author: 1) instruction from a teacher, 2) conscious reasoning, 3) intuition generated from the gut, 4) the creative process behind art. While any of these ways could be how the spiritual voice communicated its insight to the author, I’d say more often they’re spontaneous eruptions from within.

This ambiguity about the origin of their content matches the uncertainty of my own experiences. With my uncertainty of conviction, I’m left wondering how the authors can present their cases with so much certainty. Clearly there’s a way since so many have. I just haven’t found it.

It is really simple. You say what you want, as if it were true, enough times until people start buying it.

Truth content totally doesn't matter. All that matters is your ability to convince others of some random thought.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:49 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Question ????????????????????????????????

Quote:
Compendium---R6r6 for this one time I am going to allow myself some freedom of verbal expression.

Glad you allowed your self some "freedom".

First{ 1st }, we put aside all of your presumptious false projections and false mischaracterizations, directed at me, rather than actually addressing even one specific statement/comment by me as stated is not fair play and lacks a degree of moral integrity.

2nd. Actually there is no 2nd. The above is pretty much covers your approach to me you your posts.

PLease share when you can actually decide to play fair and consider the facts of my comments, as stated, in your regards.

My spiritual belief system and moral integrity fine, dandy and just as valid as any others here, irrespective of your comments directed at me.

To suggest otherwise is covered in the above and my last reply to you.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 08-07-2018, 12:46 AM
Experiencer

It is really very sad that someone over 50 feels the need to troll a spiritual website for kicks and is so closed minded that they totally missed the science. Then continues to further their argument by not addressing anything said regarding the topic. I am sorry you feel miserable, but I am not your scapegoat nor am I going to let you attempt to drag me into misery with you. You have been blocked you are over all rude in all of your posts not just to me, but I have seen how you treat others as well. You are always rude and you always single others out as attacking you. Trust me if I was attacking you it would be painfully obvious instead I feel bad for you and I hope that one day you find solace in yourself as opposed to trying to bait others into your negative energy.

Namaste`
Old 08-07-2018, 01:15 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow Freedom Is A Spiritual Path

There exists a finite set of truths and each one of them allows true freedom to individual to escape from repeated falsehoods, false projections and ill fated mischaracterzations of truth.

Freedom is not just a word, it is spiritual path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
There can only exist five regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedra of "U "niverse.

There exist many rational, logical common sense pathways of thought that lead to this conclusion, and no rational, logical common sense pathways that lead to another conclusion.

People who keep believing there is infinite possibilities are deluding themselves for their finite life-time.

Is it possible to have a biological/soul unicorn that gives birth to a Toyota Prius every five days? In those alledged univere's of infinite possibility, yes.

At best we can say there is possibility to have infinite set of metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concepts, given eternity to ponder the ever next concept.

There is not an infinite set of cosmic laws/principles and there is no evidence of rational, logical common sense that leads to such a conclusion.

Infinity is crutch for those people who cannot handle/grasp the of reality finite sets.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:20 AM
Master
Well, that was over quickly...I was settling in for a long, heated battle...

R6r6r is basically blocked by everyone on here and he likes it that way... because he gets to say whatever he wants and it will always go unquestioned and unreplied to, making him always "right' and having the only and final word in such matters... but he is only talking to himself, but that doesn't bother him...He actually prefers it that way...and this is why he is rude to everyone, so they will totally leave him alone to say whatever he wants because he KNOWS he is right, regardless if anybody else disagrees or not.

I sometimes pity r6.....There have been times when I would have him blocked for 6 months at a time..but then decide to see what he is up to...and if he is talking about anything different (but never does), besides parroting the same old pseudo science.. and when the mood takes me, this over 50 person knows how to troll back even better...I have had much experience at sharpening and honing my science B**** skills..

Unfortunately for me, most of SF has blocked me as well, so I need to get my kicks somehow.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Experiencer

Oh I like you Shivani. I never mind opposing opinions. I do however mind mud slinging and when adults lack the ability to have an open conversation regarding opposing thoughts without degrading others thoughts or beliefs with derogatory comments. I refuse to say things out of anger and I refuse to stoop to the level of mud slinging others seem to thrive on. I love R6R6 and I feel bad they feel the need to drive others away from them. Just because I love someone though doesnt mean I have to communicate with them. If it could be done on a respectful level that would be a different story. I honestly hate blocking people because to me those people need the most love, but I am not going to allow others to be derogatory to me nor am I going to allow them to partake in a conversation where they simply repeat themselves and never read the response.

Namaste`
Old 09-07-2018, 02:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeboNow
I’ve been reading posts in Science and Spirituality and one thing that impresses me in nearly every one is the level of conviction of the authors. Subjects include such hard-to-pin-down concepts as time, quantum mechanics, death, corporeal existence, and self/other, but even the most elusive themes are presented as absolute statements of “what is” as if they’re the most definitive picture of reality.
Are you aware of any communities under the banner of spirituality that do not suffer from this toxic and intensely destructive pattern of thinking?

It seems endemic to the stalled new age movement, and I find it particularly insidious because of its buffet-line nature; anyone who wishes to partake can build their own plate of junk and skip any vegetable they find unpalatable. They gorge on nothing and imagine themselves as the princes and princesses of the universe simply because they've so aggressively defended themselves from contradiction that wrongness can no longer enter their minds. It is the spitting image of the ostrich with its head in the ground as lions ring it 'round.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Cosmic absolute truths exist. Some people cant handle that. And that there is finite set they also dont seem to be able to handle.

Ex. there can only exist five regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedra of Universe. End of that finite story.

There may be exist a few others that are regular/symmetrical but there not convex. Still there the end of a finite story also.

Why so many people want to embrace falsehoods of infinity is not a complete surprise to me.

They feel inferior in their lives, so infinite possibilities is their easy way out out of not knowing or, lacking an answer. Especially more so for men than women.

The more correct approach is to say, when you dont have an answer is that, there are many factors involved, or it is complex and I dont have all of the answers, or I have some of the answers and not the others because of all of the above etc.

Then you any number of people who have had their personal experience to to this or that, when there is no other observational evidence known to humans.

And then there are those narccissitic people who will make any number of false statements, as it doesnt matter to them, as long as they state them enough times over and over, people will begin to believe them.

We see this currently going on at national levels.