Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 03-05-2017, 04:20 AM
Deactivated Account
99% in case somebody took the number serious. is a vague jokingly estimate. i dont know i just feel like i should clarify that. and its real nice people step up and talk. which i also wish to make clear.

my point is there could be a whole lot of people rubhing off on others that are completely unknown. and likely many more of them than we may think.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 03-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
99% in case somebody took the number serious. is a vague jokingly estimate. i dont know i just feel like i should clarify that. and its real nice people step up and talk. which i also wish to make clear.

my point is there could be a whole lot of people rubhing off on others that are completely unknown. and likely many more of them than we may think.

I think 99% is likely quite accurate. There are a lot of caves in the Himalayas, and since tradition involves not drawing a crowd, the number seems likely. Even many who have 'drawn a crowd' so to speak, still speak very little. The devotee can get just as much out of being in the presence as they can from words. For those bhaktars amongst us, the Hindu temple operates in the very same way. The God may not speak to you in the outward sound way, but He/She can really 'speak' to you if you tune into them.
Old 23-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Knower
A nice quote from Ammachi:

Quote:
The word Avatar means ‘to descend.’ The infinite Consciousness descends into the world, assuming a human form for the sake of uplifting and saving humanity. However, this is only from the standpoint of the devotee, because there is no space for the infinite Consciousness to come and go. Where could That which is infinite and all-pervasive possibly descend or ascend to? When you are one with the ocean of Satchitananda, there is no question of coming or going.
~ Amma
Old 08-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Knower
Today is the great day in Hinduism where we celebrate the Guruprinciple.

It's Gurupurnima..

"THE FULL moon day in the month of Ashad (July-August) is an extremely auspicious and holy day of Guru Purnima."

Thus a great day to do more practice and contemplate the teachings of your lineage or faith.

"Generate fresh waves of spirituality. Let all that you have read, heard, seen and learnt become transformed, through Sadhana, into a continuous outpouring of universal love, ceaseless loving service, and continuous prayer and worship of the Lord seated in all beings
. "
Swami Sivananda
Old 14-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Knower
I had a dream this night where I was hanging out with acharya David Frawley. He is the partner of yogini. And a schoolar of the vedic science.
Don't know what that means ? But today checking his tweets:

"India scientists discover new supercluster of galaxies, call it Saraswati. As mother of Vedas, She is cosmic sound.

Saraswati is the shakti godess of wisdom and teachings.
Having a dream haning around this wise teacher seems to symbolise for me a phase of my sadhana where I am able to synthesise and incorporate some core teachings more in my life.

His wife/partner yogini shambavi did publicate this on her fb today. Quite nice words with a personal message to her from her Guru sivanandamurti a shaivite guru who died last year.

https://www.facebook.com/yogini.sham...iH-7OCGHtHEXyI
Quote:
Keeping Alive the Lamp of Guru-Tattva and Guru-Jnana

In all dharmic traditions the ritual of lighting the lamp is sacrosanct. The ghee lamp is an offering representing the elements or cosmic principles, where the earthen diya lamp is a manifestation of Mother Earth, the ghee represents fire, the smoke represents the air, the sweet essence of the burning ghee manifests as ether, and the colours of the flame represent our Maya. Yet the wick manifests as jnana or wisdom in its ability to illumine.

This wick in the diya is most important in understanding the Shakti of Light. The wick needs to be nurtured or else the light extinguishes. One is taught by the preceptor to nurture, comprehend, experience and realize this knowledge, which means that we cannot light the lamp in the heart without great care, respect, consideration and deep serenity.

This inner light only burns in stillness and harmony. If the winds of our outer mind, senses and emotions are blowing strong, that light will quickly go out, if we can light it at all.

Guru Brahma Gurur Vishnu Guru Devo Maheshvara
Guru Saakshat Para Brahma Tasmai Shree Gurave Namah

A beautiful message from revered Sadguru Sivanandamurty…..though addressed personally this message relates to the entire universe!

"My Dear Sri Vamadevaji and Shambhaviji,
One more Gurupoornima has arrived and passed in our lives.
We may have hundred saampradaya gurus but all of us have only one real ultimate Guru Shiva, the ultimate destination of all creation.
May all of us see his Light in ourselves and be absorbed in that Light, enough of this tasteless existence. I add my own prayers to those of yours for that finale.
My love and good wishes to you both.
Sivananda Murty"
Old 21-07-2017, 02:07 AM
Master
Namaste.

I just found mine today, through the grace of Lord Shiva.

I'm so ecstatically overjoyed!

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 21-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Ascender
Necro, you mean the person in the photo? Found a guru personally or liked someone's teachings?
Old 21-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
Necro, you mean the person in the photo? Found a guru personally or liked someone's teachings?
Yes, the person in the photo and I cannot explain it to you this time, I'm sorry.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 21-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Ascender
Alright, great, congratulation! :)
Old 17-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Guide
My guru is eternal.