Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Knower
Empath Abilities

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but I had a reading earlier today and was confirmed that I had empathic abilities (something I've theorized since I was about 16, am turning 21 this sep). And i was wondering what would be the best way to train/unlock my abilities further to where i can actually use/control them for good?
Old 06-08-2017, 05:45 AM
Master
Hi,

I like your signature statement. That is the key to everything in my view. Practive Following your intuition.

I found the Kryon channeled material was quite helpful for me.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 06-08-2017, 05:51 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Empaths often begin their journeys as 'emotional sponges' not only capable of easily identifying emotions in others, but also being very vulnerable to absorbing emotions in others. On one hand this can often create a mutually rewarding motive for the empath to try to help others heal, but on the other hand, it also means that empaths are very vulnerable to absorbing a lot of negative energy and emotion from other people, as well. The path of an empath is one in which they are rather vulnerable, but this vulnerability is what allows them to identify and assist with the deeper needs of others. It is a very beautiful and important part of humanity, but it requires great care. Many of the people throughout history who eventually caused great harm to others, were actually empaths who could not protect themselves and absorbed so much negative energy and emotion that it crushed and eventually warped them. So the first and most significant step is to develop very stalwart boundaries. It is important to be able to grasp on a very deep level that you are not responsible for saving, fixing or controlling (even with good intentions) anyone else. There must be a clear and firm line between you and others, so that you can perceive their wounds and offer healing assistance to them, yet not be breached by them. Being able to take time for yourself, nurture yourself and knowing when to walk away - and doing so - are very important. It is very difficult if not impossible to help a drowning person, when you, yourself, are drowning! The specific type of healing that empaths can offer - and it is rare and much more valuable than it typically gets credit for - is the ability to prompt, listen and understand. This in itself is potently healing for many people, because it is empowering; it gives them the big boost they need to begin completing their own healing process. In psychology, it is often referred to as emotional "validation." You can perceive the person's wounds, which validates the existence of those wounds, and you can understand those wounds, even if you have never had that particular type of wound, yourself. In doing so, you greatly help the other person to not feel so alone anymore, and this is the sort of thing that in some cases and regards can even save lives. You don't need to fix the person, or change them, or anything of that sort. What you have to offer is the significant boost to their will to move forward, so that they can complete a given journey, even though it may be very difficult and painful for them. Naturally this can be greatly applied if one is working with spirits who are trapped in confusion and grief, unable to move on, but it can also be greatly applied to your fellow, living humans.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:10 AM
Knower

Dear Hazel

With a lot of study and dedication!

For start study al books from Allan Kardec after you end, start again!

You can freely download the 5 books in the internet in pdf files.

In case you have some doubts dont hesitate to contact me! But I am pretty sure that you can handle alone!

Good study
Old 07-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Pathfinder

Everyone here has great advice, I would suggest if you really want to get a good handle on it, start small. What I mean is start recognizing mood changes in yourself, recognize how you feel in certain environments and you can start to separate your own emotions from anothers. Start to ask yourself why you get that feeling around a certain person or place, you're basically training your body to be Conscious of these emotions.

Think of it like breathing, its an autonomic response, something you don't think about but the second you become aware of it, it changes. You can change your frequency of breathe, allow more oxygen in or restrict it.

Just by becoming aware can help immensely, trust yourself. Hope that helps a little :)

~journey
How far can inspiration take us? Can that one thing that inspired you, trigger something in yourself to create, and be an inspiration to someone else? I think so, I think its just a matter of passing along that feeling, even if its unintended.
Old 15-08-2017, 01:45 AM
Pathfinder
Tinytoad's advice was very good and accurate! So if everyone else's! My advice would be to learn how to protect yourself from other emotions and learn how to know which ones are yours and which ones is there's. a lot of people with bipolar are empaths. They just don't know and are confused and it drives them insane. It comes down to realizing most of the emotions you've felt your whole life could of been others. But like others have said you are like a sponge for emotions. Just make sure that you learn when to walk away or let go of a toxic or negative situation. If you want more info feel free to message me!! But seems like your getting some great advice from everyone here too!!
Old 15-08-2017, 02:09 AM
Administrator
Hello

Learn to ground and work grounded, learn to work with protections and be protected.

Two of the best I use and teach are......

Simple one is to imagine a seed in your hand and to have it grow.
Take a seed
Place it in the ground
Water the seed
Feel a tiny root shoot start to grow into the ground
Feel more and more roots grow into the ground
Feeling that connection to the Earth
Feel the Sun on the ground
Feel a tiny shoot pressing up through the ground
The roots grow down and connect to the Earth
The shoot grows up into the Sunlight
Slowly you grow a tree, the trunk, the branches and leaves
The roots grow strong to hold you to the Earth
The branches reach up and out into the Sunlight
You are grounded but free to explore

Bubble Technique
The most basic technique for protecting oneself is to simply imagine yourself inside a ball of white light that turns away any energy before it can touch you. When you visualize this ball of light around you, you want tom make sure it appears opaque and solid inside your mind’s eye. This bubble should be extended about a foot above your head and at least 6 inches below your feet. Rest assured that even after you come out of your concentrated state, this bubble will move with you without hindrance. Any vibrations that touch it will simply pass over and around your shield like the wind moving around a mountain. You need to hold the image of an impenetrable force field in your mind for at least a good solid minute or two, before returning to your everyday life.

There too are many good crystals that help.

Just some suggestions that I use. I am an natural to it all so I had to learn from reverse how it all works.

Lynn
Old 26-09-2017, 03:33 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Learn to ground and work grounded, learn to work with protections and be protected.

Two of the best I use and teach are......

Simple one is to imagine a seed in your hand and to have it grow.
Take a seed
Place it in the ground
Water the seed
Feel a tiny root shoot start to grow into the ground
Feel more and more roots grow into the ground
Feeling that connection to the Earth
Feel the Sun on the ground
Feel a tiny shoot pressing up through the ground
The roots grow down and connect to the Earth
The shoot grows up into the Sunlight
Slowly you grow a tree, the trunk, the branches and leaves
The roots grow strong to hold you to the Earth
The branches reach up and out into the Sunlight
You are grounded but free to explore

Bubble Technique
The most basic technique for protecting oneself is to simply imagine yourself inside a ball of white light that turns away any energy before it can touch you. When you visualize this ball of light around you, you want tom make sure it appears opaque and solid inside your mind’s eye. This bubble should be extended about a foot above your head and at least 6 inches below your feet. Rest assured that even after you come out of your concentrated state, this bubble will move with you without hindrance. Any vibrations that touch it will simply pass over and around your shield like the wind moving around a mountain. You need to hold the image of an impenetrable force field in your mind for at least a good solid minute or two, before returning to your everyday life.

There too are many good crystals that help.

Just some suggestions that I use. I am an natural to it all so I had to learn from reverse how it all works.

Lynn

I like your bubble technique.
Old 17-08-2017, 04:05 AM
Experiencer
Check out Dougall Fraser!

He has a whole course called "Empowering the Empath"

He also has a hay house radio show (free) on Tuesdays at 9 am PST and his past 3 episodes have been dedicated to empaths

(I called in and got to talk to him once too he is so amazing and helpful!)
Old 06-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Newbie ;)

I like you signature statement.