Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 02-12-2015, 08:04 AM
Knower
Anyone have a proven natural acne solution?

I have always had bad acne since I was a teenager, and I'm 43 now. When I was around 30, I tried ProActiv. It was the only thing that ever worked. My skin got so amazing I even got compliments on it! I went from being called pizza face to people saying my skin actually looked good! Needless to say, I've been religiously spending $50 every other month on this stuff, for about 13 years now.

I am more and more trying to find ways to use natural things in my life, so I took the risk and stopped using ProActiv a few times, trying various natural-made skin cleansers. I can't remember which brands I tried but they were claiming to be natural so I trusted them. Within a week, each time I tried this, my skin got worse than it was even before I used ProActiv! Not only did I get acne again, but every square inch of my face was covered in them, it was like my face was made of pimples. So I am afraid to stop ProActiv for good. But I just hate that I'm putting chemicals into my skin. And to make it worse, I looked at the ingredients, and there is Blue 1 and Yellow 5 in there!! I don't know how much you guys know about chemical coloring, but it's one of the worst things you can put into your body. I need to find something natural that works. But I'm scared of what happens every time. So I need to know of any proven solutions, ones that somebody out there actually had good luck with, maybe even someone who switched from ProActiv to something else, since that's the only thing that keeps my skin clear. I even eat healthy (green smoothies every day, drinking only water, organic food as much as I can) so I don't get how I still have acne at this age, but it makes me so frustrated how I am dependent on this expensive chemical soup to look normal!
Old 02-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Deactivated Account

Book1

Proactive made my skin breakdown even worse (in my thirties). Avon has some really great products called, Clearnskin professional but i understand your trying to steer away from chemicals, so let me tell you about....

ALOE VERA! You can purchase a plant leaf right at the grocery store. Particularly, in the Mexican produce section ( not sure if your in the US). I just used this on my face a few days ago after a minor breakout. It reduces the swelling significantly and it has a faster curing rate than the acne products. This is my personal experience with it. I don't use a lot of things on my face. To prevent breakouts I do use Nutregeina face pads after a face wash. That really helps remove dirt and oil, which to me is the greater cause ( aside from diet). Some use Aloe as a moisturizer. Once in a while I will do that.
Coconut oil mixed with brown sugar is also a great cleanser/scrubber. It really gives my skin a glow, however caution it is a oil and may cause a breakout.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Master

If natural remedies eventually do fail you, and by all means try them first, I can recommend Roaccutane/Accutane. It is a strong medicine and it takes six month of use and it must be prescribed, but it does work and the result is permanent. Worked wonders for me.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:30 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Proactive made my skin breakdown even worse (in my thirties). Avon has some really great products called, Clearnskin professional but i understand your trying to steer away from chemicals, so let me tell you about....

ALOE VERA! You can purchase a plant leaf right at the grocery store. Particularly, in the Mexican produce section ( not sure if your in the US). I just used this on my face a few days ago after a minor breakout. It reduces the swelling significantly and it has a faster curing rate than the acne products. This is my personal experience with it. I don't use a lot of things on my face. To prevent breakouts I do use Nutregeina face pads after a face wash. That really helps remove dirt and oil, which to me is the greater cause ( aside from diet). Some use Aloe as a moisturizer. Once in a while I will do that.
Coconut oil mixed with brown sugar is also a great cleanser/scrubber. It really gives my skin a glow, however caution it is a oil and may cause a breakout.

Oh yes, I know all about how amazing Aloe Vera is! I actually have used it in smoothies before. I have some toner/witch hazel that has aloe vera in it, which I'll start using in a day or two when my ProActiv toner runs out. I think I will start doing this switchover slowly so my skin doesn't break out all at once.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:32 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
If natural remedies eventually do fail you, and by all means try them first, I can recommend Roaccutane/Accutane. It is a strong medicine and it takes six month of use and it must be prescribed, but it does work and the result is permanent. Worked wonders for me.

I just read yesterday that a teenager died a day after taking Roaccutane. I draw the line at prescription drugs.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Knower
Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs, unfiltered). Use a cotton ball to rub on your face, let it sit awhile then rinse with water. It helped both my son and daughter.
Old 13-12-2015, 04:00 AM
Deactivated Account

I know oil cleansing works for a lot of people I know, but it did not work for me, oils give me hives and cause more acne.

The only reason I get acne is because my skin gets oily. I have naturally oily skin so the thing that works for me is simply wiping my face with a cold cloth, often or whenever I feel sweat and grease building up.
In the summer I just carry around a wet cloth with me everywhere, because I get oily really fast when it's hot out. If I remember to do that I'll have perfect flawless skin. Sort of forgot to do laundry this last week so I don't have any cloths to use lol.

I never use soap or anything. I don't like chemicals. The cloth is enough to exfoliate but I also use the steam room and sauna all the time.
Old 13-12-2015, 04:16 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
I know oil cleansing works for a lot of people I know, but it did not work for me, oils give me hives and cause more acne.

The only reason I get acne is because my skin gets oily. I have naturally oily skin so the thing that works for me is simply wiping my face with a cold cloth, often or whenever I feel sweat and grease building up.
In the summer I just carry around a wet cloth with me everywhere, because I get oily really fast when it's hot out. If I remember to do that I'll have perfect flawless skin. Sort of forgot to do laundry this last week so I don't have any cloths to use lol.

I never use soap or anything. I don't like chemicals. The cloth is enough to exfoliate but I also use the steam room and sauna all the time.

Steam room is amazing. I can go in there with a clean non make up face and I still get make up and dirt coming off the sweat steam. It goes to show you, make up oils and pollutants go in deep into the pores. One may think their face is clean!
Old 29-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Deactivated Account
tee

TEA TREE OIL IS good for many skin problems you should try it.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:30 AM
Guide

Might you know the condition of your liver?

Might you be aware of any food allergies?

If your liver is healthy, what kind of fats do you eat, and how much?

How much water do you drink daily?

What is in your green smoothies? Do you eat a lot of cooked vegetables, as well?

How often do you have bowel movements?

Might you eat fermented foods?

Are your hormones balanced?

My liver is sick, hence why I am asking. If the liver cannot work properly, when I digest certain fats or if I eat too much fat, I have deep cystic break outs.

When my immunity is low, the acne takes longer to heal.

If I eat anything processed, any oils - even healthy oils - coconut - cold pressed olive oil ect ect, I break out. If my fat exceeds a certain amount in a day, I break out.

If I do not drink enough water, about 3Liters+/day, I have break outs, if I am not on top of my diet always.

If I am getting a lot of exercise, I can eat more fat, without problems. Weird huh?

Perhaps none of these are your issue's. I just thought I'd share them, as they have been mine.

I have heard people break out from eating citrus fruits. You could try an elimination diet. Grapefruit, however, has been a miracle food for my acne, but I am not allergic to citrus fruits.

Sugar scrubs are great, and fun to make - you could try adding some essential oils as well..

Do you take probiotics?

What kind of dairy do you take in? Sorry, I cannot remember if this was the OP or someone responding. What I mean by this question is, is it pasteurized? Or can you get it from a cow share, or if, unpasteurized milk is not available to you..