Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 12-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Sea Magick

(another aspect of my 'path' - minus the gods/goddesses and spell casting - oh and the moon, I'm a sun person.)

http://seamagick.net/seawitch/

The Sea Witch tradition is associated with seafarers and beachcombers. Sea Witches focus on Moon lore, the tides, and practical weather magicks. It is from the sea Witch tradition that evolved tales of women who could raise the winds and brew up storms, charges that even two hundred years ago could result in one being sent to the stake. A good storm (intended or not) will send the average Sea Witch running to charge her tools with the storm’s energies.

Sea Witchery is a ‘darker’ path than the average Pagan cares to deal with. However, bear in mind that when you start working with the weather, you are dealing with chaotic forces of nature. Unfortunately, most Pagans perceive chaos to be evil, but if it be called evil, it is a necessary evil. Too many Pagans these days deal only with the light; the Sea Witch works with what is termed ‘grey magick’ to maintain a balance of light and dark. It is definitely not a path for everyone. In fact, most Sea Witches are solitary, as few others enjoy the isolation of a sun-bleached cottage on a wind-swept seacoast.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Lostgirl

Very interesting! However i dont believe in white, black or grey magick. I think it is the intention behind the spell or ritual that defines its effect. I love this idea though. Casting your spells by the weather, moon and tides. Fascinating really :)
Old 12-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I'd have to agree with regards to 'intention' - I think that can apply to other things not just spells one would do (I don't do spells). I'm just a 'grey' type person as I am put off by all of this 'Light' stuff - to me that isn't normal. To be 'Whole' one must encompass both 'Light' and 'Dark'.

I guess that's why this also appeals to me and goes hand in hand with my Finnish Paganism (having been a sailor aside... )
Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Carcadone

Kapitan Prien!

Finnish paganism? Now you have really poked my eye! Where do you learn about Finnish paganism? (I'm Finnish and have never succeeded in finding anything worth attention when trying to learn about the roots of Finland Ö.ö )
Old 05-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Master
Sea Magic - all within Gaia, just the wet bit. No reason why there should not be Sea Witches - think about the early long-range sailors [ Vikings, etc ].
These early travellers had lots of rituals and prayers to Sea deities - very superstitious, sailors.
I do a lot with rivers and streams - no difference in principle.

Carcadone - check out http://www.folklore.ee/Folklore/ksisu.htm
Old 06-12-2010, 03:18 PM
SoaringSpirit

Lately, I have increasingly felt I want to go to the sea and see and hear the waves crashing on rocks. I feel it imbues me with power. Also, over the weekend, I went to my local gem club and ended up buying a beautiful polished shell and an polished ocean jasper and its not a stone I was ever attracted to before.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Master
SS, I roam the moors but I do live in a seaside city and often get the urge just to walk the beaches and cliff tops so I know what you mean.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:48 PM
SoaringSpirit

:-) @ Norseman - the sea crashing on rocks is so primal and so powerful
Old 04-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
SoaringSpirit: the sea crashing on rocks is so primal and so powerful

You got that right!

I even remember a dream I had with regards to the sea - and it wasn't a memory from my past...it was a neat dream, although I'm sure some would find it horrible if I posted it.