Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 08-02-2018, 10:58 PM
Seeker

Wondering about the pittfalls of opening your chakras.

Hello everyone!

Happy to find this place. I've heard in several interviews and other media that we run the risk of letting a negative energy or (for those out, in the out there) a lower dimensional being, when we do things like try to summon spirits we don't understand by name. Or sometimes they can attach themselves through openings made from sexual ecstasy or something.

Now I never scoff at anyone's theories. But I also have very little that Id go so far as to claim I believe in. I have an open mind but it's hard to accept anything as a truth really, when Elon Musk and some astrophysicist say that we may be living in a simulation haha.

But if there are things out there looking to get in and attach themselves to us. Could they not get in through my crown chakra if I were to open it?

Or what if they can get in sexually through my root chakra?

Like I said I don't necessarily believe or disbelieve. But I am wondering what you guys think about it. And if that doesn't ring any bells then I just wonder, what ARE the pitfalls, if any, to opening your chakras.

It scares me sometimes because really its like spiritual surgery, only we can't see what we're operating on. I've listened to many many guided meditations. I have tried color therapy as well. I don't feel like its doing nothing, but that's the best I can say.

Anywaus, all responses are welcome, from "you've got it wrong" to "here's my experience" or whatever.

I'm just happy to find this site.

Gideon.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Master

It is more a question of being in balance or not, rather than about being open or not. The more in balance you can be with having you energy open, then that is perfect; because having an open energy simply means broadcasting yourself. Can you be too much you? Not really. Can you be too much out of balance, and thus in disagreement with what you broadcast? Maybe. Also, in my tantra, what is known as the chakras are simply wisdoms of your body. If you feel a danger in being too wise... then do not open up that treasure chest some call chakras
Old 16-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Seeker

other forms of chakra therapy you might use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
It is more a question of being in balance or not, rather than about being open or not. The more in balance you can be with having you energy open, then that is perfect; because having an open energy simply means broadcasting yourself. Can you be too much you? Not really. Can you be too much out of balance, and thus in disagreement with what you broadcast? Maybe. Also, in my tantra, what is known as the chakras are simply wisdoms of your body. If you feel a danger in being too wise... then do not open up that treasure chest some call chakras

Super late response. But thank you. I really wish there was some sure fire way to test the imbalance of ones Chakras.

Do you put any stock into color therapy? as in your Root Chakra needs help, so you drink water that has been in a red glass bottle for a while, or even when I soak in a therapy tub that has colored lights, soaking in red colored water, like that?

Also wondering about visual aids, yantras I believe they're are called?

Above my bed and perfectly aligned with where my Chakras are supposedly located I have all 7 Chakras that I drew myself, posted on my ceiling. I am clueless how to post a pic I took of them to give an idea of what I'm saying.....

...but I would meditate on the idea that each Chakra as it faces down and syncs up with me, acts as a conduit for the universal energy or "magic" in the ether. And directs it into the proper Chakra, opening it and affecting it in a good or bad way. This is where the first fear of "overdoing it" with Chakra therapy was formed. Cause if it works and I fall asleep to an 8 hour Chakra opening meditation, maybe I'm leaving the door open for some negative energies?

I don't know, regardless there is something calming about them but what does that prove?

I guess we give power to the things we choose to believe, or the things that resonate with us.

Anyways know you're just one person and we all have our own beliefs and disbelief's but still I'm curious to learn as many different perspectives as I can. And maybe we can rekindle this thread.
Old 16-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Master

I might have heard that one starts with mantra yoga, and when the mantra (mind) dissolves it becomes yantra yoga... or something like that. Simply because when you do something over and over again (mantra) it ends up becoming your natural way of doing it... so it goes from being a practice to being something that is inspired from the inside-out. And that is the thing about yoga (union), you have to be certain what you unify with. When you are not such a practice can make you literally insane... like many kundalini stories.

Yet when you get it, that you are amazing, and that is what you unify with... then beauty blossoms out of you... so my wisdom is to always center in love. If you do that right then you should feel calm and at ease. At least that is how a guitar sounds when it resonates with itself: calming.
Old 17-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon2037

I guess we give power to the things we choose to believe, or the things that resonate with us.

Anyways know you're just one person and we all have our own beliefs and disbelief's but still I'm curious to learn as many different perspectives as I can. And maybe we can rekindle this thread.

Hello Gideon,

We do give power to those things we choose to believe. What if when you open your chakras you enable the light within them, and you, to shine. I can appreciate that our society likes to focus on that negativity, with fear and the anxiety it creates. That is more of a bad habit we have all been conditioned to have.

Yes do find those things that resonate with you and your deeper inclinations. Evolve a confidence, that in your case, you can deal with any thing that comes your way. Do not let these fears others have stimulated in you define your life.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 19-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Newbie ;)

I would echo what John said. What you believe is the most important thing when perceiving reality. What may seem like an important thing to you, is indeed important.

I believe that regardless of having chakras open or closed, we give out energy daily via our emotions and what we are paying attention to with our thoughts.

So when you focus your thoughts and attention on your chakras, you are, in a sense, charging them. I find that when I have a meditation focusing on my chakras, I come out of it buzzing.

On the other hand, if I am having a bad day at work or had a long day on the highway, I am pretty drained because I have wasted too much of my energy on things like annoyance and other stress related things.

However, that is my own subjective world. Go with whatever works for you. If it makes you feel good and doesn't hurt anyone, it is good to continue :-)

Cheers!
Old 04-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Master
Color Chakra meditation is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesmerio
So when you focus your thoughts and attention on your chakras, you are, in a sense, charging them. I find that when I have a meditation focusing on my chakras, I come out of it buzzing.
I regularly do chakra/colour meditation and it's way different than a meditation that doesn't focus on it..

As for sexual ecstasy.. if you worry about that it may be better not to do a meditation focussing on the first two chakras. I've done that and libido can fly through the roof..
It may be the lowest chakra but red is hella powerful energy.. Technically the 2nd chakra may be more 'correct' here but that's not exactly what I experienced..

Chakra/colour meditation is, if you manage to get deep.. quite an intense experience..
You worry about pitfalls..? Just take it easy.. focus on colours/chakras for short times.. and gradually extend those periods..
Old 18-07-2018, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon2037
Hello everyone!

Happy to find this place. I've heard in several interviews and other media that we run the risk of letting a negative energy or (for those out, in the out there) a lower dimensional being, when we do things like try to summon spirits we don't understand by name. Or sometimes they can attach themselves through openings made from sexual ecstasy or something.

Now I never scoff at anyone's theories. But I also have very little that Id go so far as to claim I believe in. I have an open mind but it's hard to accept anything as a truth really, when Elon Musk and some astrophysicist say that we may be living in a simulation haha.

But if there are things out there looking to get in and attach themselves to us. Could they not get in through my crown chakra if I were to open it?

Or what if they can get in sexually through my root chakra?

Like I said I don't necessarily believe or disbelieve. But I am wondering what you guys think about it. And if that doesn't ring any bells then I just wonder, what ARE the pitfalls, if any, to opening your chakras.

It scares me sometimes because really its like spiritual surgery, only we can't see what we're operating on. I've listened to many many guided meditations. I have tried color therapy as well. I don't feel like its doing nothing, but that's the best I can say.

Anywaus, all responses are welcome, from "you've got it wrong" to "here's my experience" or whatever.

I'm just happy to find this site.

Gideon.
In my experience yes.

Energy work attracts parasites,no matter how good you are,or how you're doing it.I'm facing serious problems due to intense energy work and summoning entities.

I'm hanging around other forums also,and i saw people complain about attachments and attacks,just by doing energy work..
It sucks,but unfortunaly these creatures are real,and they search for a meal

In simple words,the problem is that you become ''visible'' to them
Old 19-07-2018, 12:07 AM
Experiencer

Everything has a dark side first of all even Christianity has the devil. Things that you vibrate with can bother you, but that also means the opposite is true things you don't vibrate with can not both you. Yes they can become annoying sometimes they smell, but they dont mess with me. My issue is I have kids and their vibration fluctuates all over the place so they are vulnerable and since they are sensitive I have to take precautions. So I smudge and bless my house whenever the negative things show up. I have on right now in my house he is pretty positive and he likes music. He frequently communicates with our google home and I have a full blown evp on our Alexa that is class A. Perfectly clear sentence. We get those like once or twice a month.

Chakras are energy centers not just wheels or points of focus. Once you clear out as much human garbage out of them that you can raise your vibration. When it comes to sexual energy technically its all energy including fighting. Energy is neutral until you use it for something. Thunderstorms and lightning can also cause an increase in spiritual energy. Sorry if this came out garbled i am exhausted.