Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-04-2020, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ jonesboy ... what is the difference between luminosity and radiance?

Think of that luminosity, that clarity.. it radiates, it is not a stillness or silence/void. Really it is two way's of describing the same thing. I really like to say that radiant clarity is the power of silence radiating.

Quote:
Basic space, naturally occurring and spontaneously present timeless
awareness-the most precious gem-is inherently a state of utter lucidity,
the flawless light rays of which shine forth, permeating the whole
of samsara and nirvana, and so it is called "the great radiant mirror
of awakened mind.
" The essence of this spaciousness, the true nature of
phenomena, [ 42a] is such that it is beyond being an object of thought.

LONGCHENPA'S RADICAL DZOGCHEN

Quote:
Regarding" empty nature" and "radiant essence," these terms are employed
here to distinguish between the natural state as emptiness and the holistic
nucleus or source as radiance, while conventional usage of"empty essence"
and "radiant nature" differentiates the spaciousness that is emptiness from
the nature of the spaciousness that is brilliant clarity. But in fact the emptiness
that is the dimension of pure being, the radiance that is the dimension
of perfect enjoyment, and the emanation that is the magical dimension are
one and the same.
Old 16-04-2020, 11:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
I'm not but I would encourage you to try to understand what they are trying to relate to you.

Anyone who does mindfulness meditation would have an understanding of the sun and the clouds.

The sun is the radiate mind, the clouds are your obstructions that block out that realization or seeing the sun, which is your true nature.

If you haven't realized your luminous nature then you are far from"the ‘whole’ nature of creation as it moves and is being as one ‘all together’."

I know what it means. It’s very simply seen and understood in the stream where you and the writer are noticing-the mind.

It’s where your deriving information from, to serve your view of ‘obstructions’ in others.

The sun in my view is my radiant core of being.

Not just my mind. What has been ‘illuminated’ through the mind moves deeper into the ‘mind/body’ relationship.

Hence radiating comes through ‘all of you’ ..illumination relates to what parts of all of you are transformed as your ‘whole self’ through the purification process.

It’s the ‘clarity’ of your whole self. ‘-radiant being’

You can’t isolate one part of you without inclusion of all of you. Whether it’s ‘purification’ or ‘radiance’ it’s ‘you’.

Your comment -“silence radiating” -where are obstructions and clouds in this way of seeing and being?

Last edited by JustBe : 17-04-2020 at 02:16 AM.
Old 17-04-2020, 02:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I know what it means. It’s very simply seen and understood in the stream where you and the writer are noticing-the mind.

It’s where your deriving information from, to serve your view of ‘obstructions’ in others.

The sun in my view is my radiant core of being.

Not just my mind. What has been ‘illuminated’ through the mind moves deeper into the ‘mind/body’ relationship.

Hence radiating comes through ‘all of you’ ..illumination relates to what parts of all of you are transformed as your ‘whole self’ through the purification process.

It’s the ‘clarity’ of your whole self. ‘-radiant being’

You can’t isolate one part of you without inclusion of all of you. Whether it’s ‘purification’ or ‘radiance’ it’s ‘you’.

Your comment -“silence radiating” -where are obstructions and clouds in this way of seeing and being?

The clarity of your whole self. There is no self in Buddhism. If we were trying to define it, it would be everything in the past, present and future in all dimensions and at the same time no thing at all.

Quote:

That depends on ones depth of being. There is some commentary about clarity and the Buhmis I could reference if you wish.

Ultimately void, clarity and energy are not separate and are what is called the 3 aspects of the Primordial State. With such a realization all such clouds instantly liberate or you could say are instantly burn up without one even noticing them. Dzogchen talks about this a lot.

I could offer my experience on silence radiating, of being like the sun with regards to energy and clarity but we are having enough issues with obstructions which isn’t MY concept but a basic point in Buddhism and most spiritual traditions. One of the reasons I provide references to the teachings. You should look at the non duality in Buddhism thread I started. It talks a lot about purification of obstructions.
Old 17-04-2020, 03:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Think of that luminosity, that clarity.. it radiates, it is not a stillness or silence/void. Really it is two way's of describing the same thing. I really like to say that radiant clarity is the power of silence radiating.

LONGCHENPA'S RADICAL DZOGCHEN

Hmmm ... so correlating from actuality of being-ness, perhaps we may yet say that luminosity is energy in potentiality whilst radiance is the kinetic aspect of the same energy?

Old 17-04-2020, 03:33 AM
Master
Quote:
The clarity of your whole self. There is no self in Buddhism. If we were trying to define it, it would be everything in the past, present and future in all dimensions and at the same time no thing at all.

That depends on ones depth of being. There is some commentary about clarity and the Buhmis I could reference if you wish.

Ultimately void, clarity and energy are not separate and are what is called the 3 aspects of the Primordial State. With such a realization all such clouds instantly liberate or you could say are instantly burn up without one even noticing them. Dzogchen talks about this a lot.

I could offer my experience on silence radiating, of being like the sun with regards to energy and clarity but we are having enough issues with obstructions which isn’t MY concept but a basic point in Buddhism and most spiritual traditions. One of the reasons I provide references to the teachings. You should look at the non duality in Buddhism thread I started. It talks a lot about purification of obstructions.

You don’t die when you ‘integrate’ everything through the purification process. The reality is your still very much alive. Isn’t the purification process everything of your past present future creations that no longer fit? I’m very aware of what I’ve cleared through a more complex, subtle interrelated connection. As everything falls away, your still functioning as the ‘illuminated’ being aware in the body. Your aware of your own process, your clarity and what’s being illuminated as ‘yourself’

How do you determine your own depth jonesboy?

In my mind/body awareness as a ‘whole’ creation, those clouds fall away with awareness of yourself more clear through your whole being. You may not perceive yourself as body, but everything is held in the body as memories served through conditioned reactions and skewed perceptions, becomes an inclusive awareness. So an illuminated mind may shine like the sun with such clear knowing, through an overactive crown chakra. In one moment or for a time it may, but ultimately everything moves as an integrative relationship, you being you and as a whole connection and so the light of the sun in your mind, moves deeper as the light of the sun in your body ..

Which in turn can become ‘one thousand’ suns..
Old 17-04-2020, 04:01 AM
Master

Quote:

Don’t hold back now! Tell us more

Old 17-04-2020, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:

Don’t hold back now! Tell us more

Who’s holding back?

Why not tell me more of you curious to know seeker?
Old 17-04-2020, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:

Hmmm ... so correlating from actuality of being-ness, perhaps we may yet say that luminosity is energy in potentiality whilst radiance is the kinetic aspect of the same energy?

Luminosity and Radiant are referring to the same thing.

lu·mi·nous
/ˈlo͞omənəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
full of or shedding light; bright or shining, especially in the dark.

ra·di·ant
/ˈrādēənt/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
sending out light; shining or glowing brightly.

Quote:
luminosity is energy in potentiality whilst radiance is the kinetic aspect of the same energy?

Very nice.. In truth all there is, is emptiness. Energy, light, radiance, however you want to describe it, is the perceived motion of emptiness. It is that motion that has infinite potentiality and is the true nature of all perceived things or the kinetic aspect as you described.
Old 17-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
You don’t die when you ‘integrate’ everything through the purification process. The reality is your still very much alive. Isn’t the purification process everything of your past present future creations that no longer fit? I’m very aware of what I’ve cleared through a more complex, subtle interrelated connection. As everything falls away, your still functioning as the ‘illuminated’ being aware in the body. Your aware of your own process, your clarity and what’s being illuminated as ‘yourself’

In my mind/body awareness as a ‘whole’ creation, those clouds fall away with awareness of yourself more clear through your whole being. You may not perceive yourself as body, but everything is held in the body as memories served through conditioned reactions and skewed perceptions, becomes an inclusive awareness. So an illuminated mind may shine like the sun with such clear knowing, through an overactive crown chakra. In one moment or for a time it may, but ultimately everything moves as an integrative relationship, you being you and as a whole connection and so the light of the sun in your mind, moves deeper as the light of the sun in your body ..

You are still not getting my point. You are still looking at it from an ego self, there is a mind, body and other.

You, your body, the trees, the stars, everything that has ever been in the past, present and future in all it's aspects is you. There is no such thing as time to a Buddha. All of this is beyond just opening of the crown.

Eventually a sun, becomes a black hole... a Buddha.

Quote:

Now this is a tricky one and a lot of people really, really confuse themselves with this. Another danger is that people get caught up in levels.

Quote:
For any of those that have the capacity/interest, all such layers have the potential to be demonstrated. For those who think of it in mind terms, it is easiest to think of as local mind is a subset of universal/shared mind. They are also not necessarily linear in level.

level zero - this is not really a level. It could also be called the primordial. Outside or beyond universal mind.

level 1 - base manifest existence. All physical stuff.

level 2 - base emotions. Things like anger and fear are the driving nature of this level of local mind.

level 3 - Individual sense of self. Think of it as the level of most egotistical people. 90% of humans.

level 4 - Opening of heart. This is a huge step and what many consider awakening. It is the fundamental shift of moving from being focused on your individual needs to truly caring about others. A good example is a truly loving parent.

level 5 - Subconscious connection to others and your local surroundings. It this level one tends to feel and sense energy of beyond their local body. But the conscious mind does not yet know how to distinguish between what is outside, and what is energy spilling over and creating images or emotions that are experienced in the (local) mind.

level 6 - Huge step as one begins to actually see and consciously notice what you could call universal mind/universe. Some call this open 3rd eye stuff. Beginning of true Astral level activity. But it is still based in the local mind view of sense of self.

level 7 - Classically called the open crown, this is when you start to get cracks in the local mind version of sense of self. One starts to notice/touch the divine/light. Anyone who reaches this stage will often experience a divine being (or guru) to help them cross over into the light/divine. No fear of death at this stage.

level 8 - Light/Divine with out differentiation. Rather than a linear level, it is much more like a quantum leap. The local bubble of mind/sense of self has been cracked. Direct access to universal layer, but no ability to differentiate. You feel you are one with everyone, but can't really access or help on individual basis. It is like "being" rather than "seeing". This is also called the "soul" level by many, and the person "radiates" light.

level 9 - Light with beginning differentiation. You are one with all humans and begin to integrate with plants and animals. Still mostly local.

level 10 - Expansion has continued to more planetary and includes inanimate objects. Can directly access all beings within your sphere of being to various degrees of refinement.

level 11 - Beingness has expanded across what people call different dimensions. Possible to create and play with pocket universes and have astral level people visit them.

level 12 - boundary of what people call time and space. At this level, you can perceive forwards or backwards in time. Also, the historical limit of physical form/manifestation for maintaining human form.

level 13 - at this level there is no longer and sense of male and female at a human level. Beginning of what some traditions call the "god realms".

level 14-16 - Higher form realms, nothing really easy to describe. Many divine beings or gods reside there.

level 17 and above - formless realms of potential. Can find some higher immortals and divine beings residing there.

As for what level I am, I have gotten to the point where I don't care about levels. It's all about being. I can say my tradition is about helping people realize the light, level 8..As one progress one has the clarity of knowing.

The most important is having an open heart, lvl 4.

At 8 and beyond one is able to directly work with and share their being. The realization isn't something just within your mind and can be shared with others.. It is how one knows the realization is beyond the local mind. The trick here isn't the person sending anything and effecting another. Someone open at the 5th can do this. It is doing nothing, no sending and the other person being effected. All such sending is dualistic and local mind..

TBH.. I should delete this from my website and stop sharing it. Just creates issues...
Old 17-04-2020, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Who’s holding back?

Why not tell me more of you curious to know seeker?

I’m an open book! What I feel within is in my posts in the poetry, nonduality and spiritual development sections mostly.

The divine light you speak of is what has eluded me so far ... that’s what I’d like to know more of from you, as of your experience.