Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 31-05-2016, 12:52 AM
Ascender

Also a note on meditation with astral projection--

The reason why meditation is vastly important to astral projection is because you are essentially reaching a state of Hypnagogia--

Usually when this occurs, you become so deeply unconscious that you fall asleep, and if you regain some awareness you end up in a dream where you do not generally realize you are in one-- So when you meditate, you reach closer to this state, and you train your ability to remain conscious as your journey to the threshold of your unconscious, as this happens.. you gain greater ability to interact with it without going unconscious--
Old 31-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
You would be quite surprised how they have spoken to me, because I am all of them-- This article would have helped me quite bit if I had found it earlier on, however I had to like always figure things out for myself-- Life has had a habit of keeping these things just out of view until I have come to a deeper understanding in my own way before allowing me to see that I am not crazy haha--

However, in general; in order to understand such things; you do have to learn a new language or few or million haha-- For this part I would read up on this...

The sixth circuit discusses:

Which is basically like saying, your pattern recognition skills will become so hyper active that recognizing the meaning becomes more instantaneous rather than referential which is how language as we use it works--

And this stuff is quite related to chakra's which play an important role at once you reach a certain point.. however the information on chakra's were basically useless to me until I realized what they were talking about, and this has to deal with the first link I gave with the pluralized I's--

It is not so much about communicating with them, though this can be done, but it is you communicating with yourself-- It is more about creating a mental map that governs every aspect of yourself in a coherent fashion-- That is, your negative aspects work together with your positive aspects, to transcend into your full self expression--

But of course this is all going much deeper than need be, but it is food for thought--

I began to apply those practices in my life. Now that I understand that the focal point training is a meditation in itself. I've come a long way just by honing my focus on not thinking in terms of what that excerpt would consider laryngeal-manual. And to be honest, everything is falling into place. I'm beginning to perceive more clearly. My main issue with meditation was the misconception that it would be boring. That you would always think in terms of "spoken words" and stopping them for 10, 20, 30 minutes a day to slow down that kind of thinking would somehow enlighten you. But the basic essence of meditation - or essence of basic meditation - honing your focus, opens a door to a whole new thought process. Thanks again for that explanation.
That being said, I'm using elements of all three methods in my journey to overcome thought broadcasting. It's helping me turn it off for good because I'm beginning to free myself from much of the laryngeal thought. And naturally, I'm thinking quieter in terms of "spoken words" whenever they come to mind partly because I'm starting to understand this consciousness. At least that's been my experience so far maintaining this focus. The people around me don't seem to hear me as often, but when I crack under pressure, feeling as if things are going "too well", I might shoot an accidental "readable" thought. But applying methods from void meditation and staying calm, I'm no longer rambling. From the perspective of meditation, how do you suggest I go about working out this problem?
[I had to break up the URLs because the site only allows you to post them after you have made 15 posts or more]
Old 31-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
You would be quite surprised how they have spoken to me, because I am all of them-- This article would have helped me quite bit if I had found it earlier on, however I had to like always figure things out for myself-- Life has had a habit of keeping these things just out of view until I have come to a deeper understanding in my own way before allowing me to see that I am not crazy haha--

However, in general; in order to understand such things; you do have to learn a new language or few or million haha-- For this part I would read up on this...

The sixth circuit discusses:

Which is basically like saying, your pattern recognition skills will become so hyper active that recognizing the meaning becomes more instantaneous rather than referential which is how language as we use it works--

And this stuff is quite related to chakra's which play an important role at once you reach a certain point.. however the information on chakra's were basically useless to me until I realized what they were talking about, and this has to deal with the first link I gave with the pluralized I's--

It is not so much about communicating with them, though this can be done, but it is you communicating with yourself-- It is more about creating a mental map that governs every aspect of yourself in a coherent fashion-- That is, your negative aspects work together with your positive aspects, to transcend into your full self expression--

But of course this is all going much deeper than need be, but it is food for thought--

Cool. I'll read up on it. I'm also curious concerning the river of consciousness, and how a separate entity can be part of us, and whether or not it's a complete separate entity. And tapping into this river, how people can find out things they weren't supposed to know?
[I had to break up the URLs because the site only allows you to post them after you have made 15 posts or more]
Old 31-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intj123
That was just the first incident, I've had maybe 3 more after that. And yes, that's exactly why I mentioned he was atheist, one time he read my mind about religion and then started professing atheism to the class, and in the end I was like what the? Atheists for the most part vehemently deny the existence of paranormal phenomena, but this guy is freggin reading my mind? Pretty hypocritical and odd, so that's why I mentioned it. I think of science as an imperfect tool, not a religion, I know there is more to this reality than the mere physical.

One time was when I was mad at a friend, and I was feeling crazy hatred and thought "I'll KILL YOU!" and then he called me right then and started asking if everything is alright? I knew he got the message....
I never really was going to kill him I was just venting in my own thoughts and memories.

Another one I met, and the craziest of ALL experiences was with my TF. She's the only one who directly admitted/showed me that she can read my thoughts....In real time.... I'm not going to go into too much detail, but it's frighteningly accurate.....

lol.... I'm totally in another reality, I've had other psychic experiences too.

So I've actually heard a few people say in order to block out mind readers, you need to watch the "volume" and be comfortable with it. I guess that could be one solution, or a part of a solution. But I've been doing some meditative practices and I've definitely seen some progress already. I remember associating thinking "loud" with clarity, but that's not always the situation. One of the main points of meditation is to keep a quiet mind, or at least a mind free of "spoken words" as we call them. And many of those who practice it profess that meditative practice is the way to mental clarity. Check out my post further up the thread to see what kind of breakthroughs I've had so far learning to understand and apply meditative practices.
Although this seems to be on the fast track to work for me, I'm not at all convinced that this is the only way to block out mind readers. Knowing all the people in the world whose minds can't be read, there are probably a lot of other approaches.
Old 31-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Newbie ;)

I have to check back with you guys. I didn't mean to sound like I'm a guru lol. And that's how it could have came off. But I have experienced an aspect of the practice and I thought I would be on my merry way. When I begin to meditate more and in different ways, I'll probably experience the deeper benefits and apply that to my situation.

I said initially that I wouldn't crack under pressure around telepaths as much. But the same problem remains. In the event that I do think words, even considering the fact that they've become considerably more peaceful and quiet, people still pick up on them. And because of this, my tendency to ramble and "think loud" comes back to me like a bad habit. And it stays when I'm around those types. When I'm not around a whole lot of people, my thoughts become quiet again and I ramble a lot less, but the fact that these quiet thoughts can still be read takes some of my peace of mind from me. This definitely has to do with straying from a focal point. And we need to think in terms of multiple solutions to these multiple problems.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry84
I have to check back with you guys. I didn't mean to sound like I'm a guru lol. And that's how it could have came off. But I have experienced an aspect of the practice and I thought I would be on my merry way. When I begin to meditate more and in different ways, I'll probably experience the deeper benefits and apply that to my situation.

I said initially that I wouldn't crack under pressure around telepaths as much. But the same problem remains. In the event that I do think words, even considering the fact that they've become considerably more peaceful and quiet, people still pick up on them. And because of this, my tendency to ramble and "think loud" comes back to me like a bad habit. And it stays when I'm around those types. When I'm not around a whole lot of people, my thoughts become quiet again and I ramble a lot less, but the fact that these quiet thoughts can still be read takes some of my peace of mind from me. This definitely has to do with straying from a focal point. And we need to think in terms of multiple solutions to these multiple problems.

Well I never found a solution. Except not being around them. But even that one time they read my mind from miles away, so it's not even like putting distance between you and them can completely stop it either, but it probably helps, out of sight out of mind.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Well I never found a solution. Except not being around them. But even that one time they read my mind from miles away, so it's not even like putting distance between you and them can completely stop it either, but it probably helps, out of sight out of mind.

I've noticed that overcoming this has a lot to do with overcoming anxiety. If you've ever experienced anxiety and got over it, this aspect isn't different at all. You will have to learn to fare well in the fire. And ever so gradually, it will no longer be a fire. The concept of it once being so scary to you will even become laughable. I've had a few more experiences around crowds yesterday evening. Whatever strain of thoughts that have come to my head that have been read time and time again by others, I'm wising up to the fact and not going for it. Recognize any triggers that might make you ramble on, then have the will to fight it. Eventually you will win.

The people I see every day that hear thoughts have told me to "learn to shut it down/off". And recently, on two separate occasions, something to the effect of "whatever you're thinking, I can't hear it". It implies that the secret involves turning something off, which you should use your intuition to pinpoint exactly. And if you find any basic concept of it, please do share it. The implication I've got from the second thing said to me is that you will still be able to "think" how you've known to up until the moment people started reading your thoughts. This makes sense. All my life and all throughout last year except those two incidents, I've been thinking whatever I want and people haven't been responding as if they heard it. And never relate this to any kind of lowered awareness. I was wrong to suggest that. This is not true and will only bring a subconscious hesitation to do what you feel would work. Simply put, there is a certain strain of thought that is readable, and this strain hasn't brought me or anyone I know any kind of enlightenment. It's only driving me insane.
It's another learning experience. And if someone is afraid to put in all their effort to learn and experience, they will never make any real progress.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:56 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
I've noticed that overcoming this has a lot to do with overcoming anxiety. If you've ever experienced anxiety and got over it, this aspect isn't different at all. You will have to learn to fare well in the fire. And ever so gradually, it will no longer be a fire. The concept of it once being so scary to you will even become laughable. I've had a few more experiences around crowds yesterday evening. Whatever strain of thoughts that have come to my head that have been read time and time again by others, I'm wising up to the fact and not going for it. Recognize any triggers that might make you ramble on, then have the will to fight it. Eventually you will win.

The people I see every day that hear thoughts have told me to "learn to shut it down/off". And recently, on two separate occasions, something to the effect of "whatever you're thinking, I can't hear it". It implies that the secret involves turning something off, which you should use your intuition to pinpoint exactly. And if you find any basic concept of it, please share it. The implication I've got from the second thing said to me is that you will still be able to "think" how you've known to up until the moment people started reading your thoughts. This makes sense. All my life and all throughout last year except those two incidents, I've been thinking whatever I want and people haven't been responding as if they heard it. And never relate this to any kind of lowered awareness. I was wrong to suggest that. This is not true and will only bring a subconscious hesitation to do what you feel would work. Simply put, there is a certain strain of thought that is readable, and this strain hasn't brought me or anyone I know any kind of enlightenment. It's only driving me insane.
It's another learning experience. And if someone is afraid to put in all their effort to learn and experience, they will never make any real progress.

I doubt that. I've had it happen plenty when I had no anxiety at all.
Honestly it's probably not just you, it's also them. I don't think you could stop the best reader from reading you to be honest.

Honestly I don't care if they read my mind anymore, I don't have much to hide, if they are doing crazy things like reading minds, then they aren't going to be too surprised by the stuff I think about. I haven't done anything that bad, my conscience is clean so whatever, they're just being rude and nosey.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
I doubt that. I've had it happen plenty when I had no anxiety at all.
Honestly it's probably not just you, it's also them. I don't think you could stop the best reader from reading you to be honest.

Honestly I don't care if they read my mind anymore, I don't have much to hide, if they are doing crazy things like reading minds, then they aren't going to be too surprised by the stuff I think about. I haven't done anything that bad, my conscience is clean so whatever, they're just being rude and nosey.

I still think that at least if someone's new to this, anxiety will exacerbate this problem to the fullest. Like when you said it first started. It was probably hard not to think things you didn't mean in part by not having practiced control over it and being anxious about the consequences of failing. And the new concept that there's certain ways you can't think without being heard, which will become easier not to worry about, and as a direct result, not do. Out of sight, out of mind. Of course. A factor of these problems, plus some, causes a big part of the thought broadcasting problem. But it's been five years so I'm sure you've learned not to worry.

I also don't have anything to hide in that sense. My conscience is clean. But I do worry that people read minds because they literally read minds and some of the stuff I would think is embarrassing. Meaning it's weird. I'm not weird when I interact socially, and I don't try not to be, but when I'm in the comfort of my own mind, I like to think any funny stuff I want to. Which brings us back to the "thought police" who would judge you for thinking something stupid. I'm a proud person, and it's disrespectful that someone would act smug and judgmental towards me for my very thoughts and think I'm supposed let that slide. As far as I'm concerned, it's a reason to confront that guy.

What I've experienced throughout my life contradicts the idea that the best readers can read anyone's mind. As if they can read the mind of the governor himself. Before all this happened, nobody seemed to hear my thoughts. Not even during the many psychic readings I've had. But psychics are supposed to be the definition of telepaths. I was about college age in '04, and still nobody had seemed to read my mind up until recently. Like I mentioned earlier, people talk about a way to "shut off" readable thoughts. And they imply that there is a way to think without people hearing it. I'm drawing from my own experiences to find a solution. A solution that you said probably exists. Any input from your extensive 5 years of experience on what the nature of it might be would be appreciated. Like when you're around people who don't seem to read minds, what is the nature of the situation? The nature of your thoughts? The vibe?
Old 02-06-2016, 03:37 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
I still think that at least if someone's new to this, anxiety will exacerbate this problem to the fullest. Like when you said it first started. It was probably hard not to think things you didn't mean in part by not having practiced control over it and being anxious about the consequences of failing. And the new concept that there's certain ways you can't think without being heard, which will become easier not to worry about, and as a direct result, not do. Out of sight, out of mind. Of course. A factor of these problems, plus some, causes a big part of the thought broadcasting problem. But it's been five years so I'm sure you've learned not to worry.

I also don't have anything to hide in that sense. My conscience is clean. But I do worry that people read minds because they literally read minds and some of the stuff I would think is embarrassing. Meaning it's weird. I'm not weird when I interact socially, and I don't try not to be, but when I'm in the comfort of my own mind, I like to think any funny stuff I want to. Which brings us back to the "thought police" who would judge you for thinking something stupid. I'm a proud person, and it's disrespectful that someone would act smug and judgmental towards me for my very thoughts and think I'm supposed let that slide. As far as I'm concerned, it's a reason to confront that guy.

What I've experienced throughout my life contradicts the idea that the best readers can read anyone's mind. As if they can read the mind of the governor himself. Before all this happened, nobody seemed to hear my thoughts. Not even during the many psychic readings I've had. But psychics are supposed to be the definition of telepaths. I was about college age in '04, and still nobody had seemed to read my mind up until recently. Like I mentioned earlier, people talk about a way to "shut off" readable thoughts. And they imply that there is a way to think without people hearing it. I'm drawing from my own experiences to find a solution. A solution that you said probably exists. Any input from your extensive 5 years of experience on what the nature of it might be would be appreciated. Like when you're around people who don't seem to read minds, what is the nature of the situation? The nature of your thoughts? The vibe?

"Sensing" personality types generally do not have psychic experiences, and are generally not even interested, sometimes even spooked by it. It's us intuitives who have a "sixth sense" and are far more likely to be in tune with the subtle energies. Sensing personalities are very worldly, they focus on the "3d" world only, only the physical, what you can see, taste, hear, feel, and smell. Sensing types actually make up the majority of the population, so I'm not even too worried most of the time, I know they can't hear me because I asked the ones I know. But both sensing and intuitive types can pick up on your feelings in a sort of psychic way.

But you probably being an intuitive type, you will probably seek out others who are more similar to yourself, and it more than likely runs in your family, intuitives generally enjoy the company of each other, we are more like family, there is usually an easier connection amongst intuitives. And same goes for sensors, they usually get along easier with their own kind. My uncle is actually a sensor married to an intuitive type and their marriage was bad and horrible, I've seen other marriages of sensing/intuitive types and it's really a joke, most of the time the female intuitive is just gold digging....tisk tisk....

The nature of it? It's just natural from what I hear, there is a rumor that adam and eve could communicate telepathically.

Btw in my opinion most psychics are frauds, the real ones are more likely to hide it, but there may be a rare few real psychics who you pay. But most of the time I would not even bother going to a charlatan psychic, I'd rather just eat a fortune cookie, at least I'm guaranteed a positive message then lol.

Oh yea I think it's easy to "shut it off". I can even think fake thoughts. You just stop speaking in your head, I dunno I think it's easy, just maintain mental silence. But trust me, the best readers can not only hear your thoughts, but search your memories, like dig into your brain practically, that's what I mean by the best readers can read you regardless of whether you stop your real time thoughts or not...

Also from what I read, being in solitude for long periods can trigger this. Maybe meditation is only making it worse for you. As an introvert, I have had periods of hermit like states, and my experiences started a while after being like a hermit, but never before. The more I was in meditation like states, the more psychic experiences I had.

Oh yea I think weird funny things too. Like one time I thought it would be funny if this hot girl farted... lol....
who the heck cares. I just don't care anymore. If they are trying to police your thoughts, then give them a piece of your mind, think some funny horrible things about them and make them not even want to read your mind. It's their own damn fault for invading your privacy. I remember one of the thoughts I had after that first incident with my professor was "At least I've had sex before!"(He's like old and grey, and never married, probably a 60 year old virgin from my best guess) lol... then he started talking about his French lady friend in the middle of his lecture, it was so obvious he was reading my mind and I was just thinking some horrible funny things because I was mad at him, he too tried to judge me from my thoughts.... So I just judged him back, hah!