Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 19-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Seeker
Searching for clear, true guidance from spirit guides, angels, beings of light...

I recently had it revealed to me that the group of beings that I thought were my guides and of the light were not as they represented themselves. They were with me for almost two years and "guided" me through quite a bit, but there were always these pieces to their stories that never added up. Finally, I had the wherewithal to look them directly in the eye and put them to a series of "truth-tests" that resulted in an epic failure and a total shutdown of a world that I had believed in dearly.

I have since spent a lot of time actively reaching out to the universe for "true", "lighteous" guidance from my actual spirit guides and angels but have not received any communication however so slight. I have tried still meditation, active asking, automatic writing, contemplation, holding space, etc., and none of it has yielded any communication. I feel alone now, and I'm a little scared that I'm not receiving love from the universe.

Can anyone help illuminate my experience?

Namaste,
Marc Alex
Old 19-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Master

Hmmm...my first thought was that you don't trust it anymore. You have the power to turn the communications on and to turn it off.

When I first learned to channel, I was ecstatic. I was so happy and joyful and having a wonderful time. But then, it seemed like I was asking for something that I wanted, and being led to the answer, and it got kinda crazy, and I told myself, this is crazy, I must be making it up and I shut it out. Now I did this deliberately. And for two days, my life was flat - it was not the happy place that I had found and enjoyed so much.

So I made a decision - it this is crazy, then I embrace crazy. So, if other people think I'm crazy, well I don't care - I think I am having fun. So it turned out, I was more worried about what my interpretation of what other people might think about me channeling, than about what I thought about me channeling and I told myself I was crazy, so I got crazy for a bit, till I shut it down. Then, when I decided I didn't care if others thought I was crazy, maybe crazy is where its at, because it is what I want that counts, not some nebulous "other folks who I don't even know" going to determine my happiness, I let them back in.

And they said, when I questioned them, that an interesting thing happened. I proved to myself that I could turn it off and turn it back on again if I wanted, and I needed to move through the fear of being crazy to embracing that its ok to do this work - for myself, by myself, because I like to and for no other reason.

They don't mind us questioning them, as they are here to help us.

But there is also a trust factor. If you do not trust that the information you are getting is trustworthy, that may be what broke it.

I don't know the circumstances as to why you decided it was untrustworthy, but you did prove to yourself that you could connect and get information.

What I do when I channel is I surround myself in a bubble of the white light of the holy spirit, and I ask and allow my guides and my angels to protect me in this channeling space, and that it is my channeling space, and I ask that I channel a higher guide.

You are building a bridge, and you reach up, and they reach down.

They have said it helps to know WHO you want to connect to. So if you are not trusting your guides information, ask for someone else - if you believe in Jesus, ask for Jesus, if you believe in God, ask for God, if you want to speak to your higher self, ask for your higher self.

Just relax and don't stress it. As long as you ask for a Higher guide, you can trust the information coming to you. And if your guide shows up, then another possibility is that you were on the wrong disk to begin with when you channeled the wonky information.

We can only channel on the disk we are on. So, if you are not feeling good, or in a happy frame of mind when you channel, you are in a certain vibrational place, and you will get information that matches that vibrational place.

So it could be as simple as, the original information you were getting was clouded due to your filters. We all have filters (which are our beliefs) and we can only channel through these filters.

So, if somewhere inside you, you really didn't trust this information to be coming from your guide, that's what you were channeling.

Try to get in as happy a place as you can, and try again. And see who shows up.

You know how to do it. Now you just need faith.

Hope this helps, and only my 2 cents.

I know they can shut off the communication from their side if they think it is not helpful to you, or harming you in some way, or you are disrespecting the totality of their part in this process, which is only to love you and be helpful.

You can connect with lower beings, and you should be careful who you "allow" in - which is why I always ask for a higher guide.

Here is something I channeled from Jesus for someone once - I wasn't expecting him to show up for this person, but it does include the connection with "lower" beings as possibilities. Hope it's helpful.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...07&postcount=8

And, the simple answer may be the best - you might just be trying too hard - that is a frustratingly common thing they told me in the beginning of learning LOL
Old 19-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Master
Only trust your inner spiritual feelings from your heart that is assumed to have permanent link to your higher self.

Your higher self already knows what you need to know and when you will need to learn it.

Dreams are a good way of getting the truth.

Trust no spirits. Test them all with delicate questions. They will either know the answer or reply with a Wall of Silence.

Loneliness is a common result as many spirits have agendas to succumb your spirit into their domain.
Old 19-02-2016, 04:28 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingLocksmith
I recently had it revealed to me that the group of beings that I thought were my guides and of the light were not as they represented themselves. They were with me for almost two years and "guided" me through quite a bit, but there were always these pieces to their stories that never added up. Finally, I had the wherewithal to look them directly in the eye and put them to a series of "truth-tests" that resulted in an epic failure and a total shutdown of a world that I had believed in dearly.

I have since spent a lot of time actively reaching out to the universe for "true", "lighteous" guidance from my actual spirit guides and angels but have not received any communication however so slight. I have tried still meditation, active asking, automatic writing, contemplation, holding space, etc., and none of it has yielded any communication. I feel alone now, and I'm a little scared that I'm not receiving love from the universe.

Can anyone help illuminate my experience?

Namaste,
Marc Alex

My take is that you are one of the few lucky ones with an inner light [that comes from God the father] strong enough that was telling you that something was off, that things were not as they appeared; That's why you questioned them, I think that you were being deceived by these beings, ... as are MANY (not all) of the people who delves into Spiritism, channeling, new age and the such. These people [I am referring to] get into this as a way to 'develop' spiritually, or as a way to feel better about themselves, a way to feel special, a way to feel different from the populace [I am not calling myself exempt of these, because I know I am guilty of much of this same c r a p], or last but not least, a way to make $$$ (in my opinion the epitome of hypocrisy and false spirituality)

Not trying to be preachy but in my book, the truth, the only way to God the father [for us humans] is through the faith in his son Jesus Christ. Everything else is basically secondary. There is nothing that feels better than been on the truth, on the side of God [no matter how many flaws we have], there you can find your spiritual peace. You talk to these beings about Jesus Christ and can see what happens. I cannot understand why people do not see [or do not want to see] the true nature of these beings by the way they react to the mention of the Son of God!!!

PS: I am not sure about your belief system but [if this is compatible] pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ to grant you the gift of discernment
Old 19-02-2016, 07:27 PM
Suspended
I've had this with my guide(s.) Azrael will answer questions, and help me to see a broader perspective that might include deception on his part as a part of my learning, but he won't prove anything to me. The ONLY thing he WILL prove is that he's benign and loving.

It's complex because he has to be very careful not to frighten me to death, which he could easily do. So sometimes, when he needs to communicate something complex to me, or something I won't agree with or like, he begins by telling me a big fat lie. Over time, and I begin to mentally investigate and some of my mental walls come down around the subject, he tells me a slighter smaller lie, then a small lie with some of the new truth included, then he tells me the truth when I'm ready to receive it. It's like weaning a baby animal onto solid food, a bit at a time.

The new truth might not even be the truth! But it's closer to truth than I was before.

Maybe your guides were doing the same thing with you?

Guides won't always reveal absolute truth. We need to come to those conclusions on our own. Their job isn't really to give it to us. It's to guide us, in some way, even if that means lying to use through their teeth, to conclude certain things on our own. What's more, sometimes they tell us lies in order to push us towards making particular beneficial conclusions alone. That doesn't mean they aren't acting for our highest good, and it doesn't mean they don't love us, or care about our feelings. They just consider our growth more important.

I'd actually suggest you try your guides again. You know you can shut them off now if you need to, but before you do, give them a few days to explain their actions, and ask for the explanation in such a way as any behaviour you dislike becomes clear in motivation to you. Don't just shut them down, or how are they supposed to help you understand why they do this? There might be a good reason.

I've had times I've shut Azrael off for telling me porky pies, before I realised WHY he does it. I ALWAYS found out later that the lie helped me in some way, or that he was protecting me from something I'd have found too disturbing. I realised quickly that though lies upset me, his behaviour was never malicious and ends he was aiming for absolutely ALWAYS justified the means. Now I trust him, and even when I know he's lying to me I go along for the ride. The ride ALWAYS leads me to a new conclusion or a realisation about my self, or a better way of living.

They also, sometimes, lie to teach us not to rely on them for absolute truth. Sometimes, when we get a bit demanding and want them to prove they exist by telling us secrets about the universe, or by performing parlour tricks to "prove" they're real, they decide to either challenge our obvious fear of being mad or delusional, and do the very thing we hope they wont - shake our faith.

On the whole, light beings are complex. They don't behave like humans and they don't have the same moral laws. They don't always consider truth to be a high form of love, rather like we wouldn't tell our young children certain things we KNOW are true about the world.

I'd try again. At the worst, you'll have another nasty experience, but if you don't try you'll lose the chance to learn from them, and they might have valuable lessons you need.
Old 20-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Seeker
Thanks to all who have responded to my post so far. I appreciate all the input.

Namaste, and God bless.
Old 20-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Master

I agree with Holly as it was the same for me. Our guides will decieve us until we are very true to ourselves and trust ourselves. They lie so that we can see the truth. They want to lead us out of 3D illusions and this is the way they do it. Its frustrating but after a while you find yourself and your confidence.
Old 21-02-2016, 02:43 AM
Pathfinder
Honestly I feel like the flying locksmith should add much more detail to the post in order to recieve more direct advice to his or her question. It's very vague.

Locksmith, you don't need to be guided by guides anyway. I didn't end up with one until I was about 20 and it was totally unintentional and I was happy doing my own thing. Sometimes guides are more like friends or lovers. Just go your own way. Continue your meditative practice but focus on yourself instead of spiritual beings.