Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Seeker

you could say that enlightenment is the single most practical goal toward which we could ever aspire. To understand why, there are a couple aspects of enlightenment it is worth reiterating, starting with its universality. We all know that most areas of growth have limited application – for example, skills that make us
Old 27-12-2017, 06:25 AM
Experiencer

Boshy, I agree, we must soar. I've found that it often requires great willingness to do that.

Lemmex, that's a very important teaching imo, and I agree that it is emphasized by non-physical entities.

Inavalon, you've got a good point. 'Knowing your worth' is just one way to put it. I think there are many roads to enlightenment - all of them equally valid. Perhaps Buddha, and for that matter MOST realized beings, don't teach much about our worth. Certainly, different facets and aspects of enlightenment, and of the path to it, are focused on and emphasized by different teachers and schools of thought. I feel that we should learn from them all, or at least those we feel an affinity for.

Prasanna, I see what you mean about the 'universality' of enlightenment, and how that makes it a worthwhile and practical goal. I think a related idea is simply the fact that enlightenment is the final fruition of the reincarnational journey.
Old 27-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Lorelyen

double post again....
Old 27-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Lorelyen

I'm never sure about these "enlightenment is...." style declarations. Perhaps it comes as a big bang with some and no doubt there is a big one that solidifies one's beliefs in a certain way but there can be mini-enlightenments en route, smaller degrees that can even be negative, i.e. "No, this is pushing me in the wrong direction." Enlightenment on the mundane can be sudden understanding so for example, awareness of being spirit can fit the bill.

Can enlightenment be "fully knowing your worth?" That would seem to suggest one has arrived and that's that. Is that the limit to your worth or could our experiential flow through life expand on it? Since infinity is a construct, the awareness of which is beyond humanity, how can one "know" one's infinite worth? So it would seem your knowing is merely "it's there, infinite," not what it is or could be.
Old 27-12-2017, 11:34 AM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Boshy, I agree, we must soar. I've found that it often requires great willingness to do that.
That too was bright of you

How about enlightment as
refreshfully soaring better
than ever or about soaring
Well

Enlightment is probably a new embracement from
confidence and comfortable, etc, when we notice -
we'd embrace. Or still atop the stream.

[Etc as solution, control, better habit, fresh idea,
Stamina thoughts, how to have better energy.
All that to a newer Level or maybe better
Enough as it be.]

Last edited by boshy b. good : 27-12-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 27-12-2017, 02:29 PM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
That too was bright of you

How about enlightment as
refreshfully soaring better
than ever

Enlightment is probably a new embracement from
confidence and comfortable, etc, when we notice -
we'd embrace.

[Etc as solution, control, better habit, fresh idea,
Stamina thoughts, how to have better energy.
All that to a newer Level or maybe better
Enough as it be.]

We might need Inspiration for the growth that
belongs, even with about from exerciseship.
Old 27-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I'm never sure about these "enlightenment is...." style declarations. Perhaps it comes as a big bang with some and no doubt there is a big one that solidifies one's beliefs in a certain way but there can be mini-enlightenments en route, smaller degrees that can even be negative, i.e. "No, this is pushing me in the wrong direction." Enlightenment on the mundane can be sudden understanding so for example, awareness of being spirit can fit the bill.

Can enlightenment be "fully knowing your worth?" That would seem to suggest one has arrived and that's that. Is that the limit to your worth or could our experiential flow through life expand on it? Since infinity is a construct, the awareness of which is beyond humanity, how can one "know" one's infinite worth? So it would seem your knowing is merely "it's there, infinite," not what it is or could be.

I am enlightened by your view Lorelyen. As always you bring to light a way in for me to explore your words in my own way, because as always you make much sense in your view offered. What comes to mind is that this whole topic is much like playing in a big open well stocked pantry where we get to dive in and decide what we want to create and feed ourselves you know?

Of course one that is well stocked with lots of tantalizing, delicious healthy ingredients, might serve our well being best and give us more choices in the deciding. That fits too.. We could cook up a storm that ignites our senses into an explosion of flavours and satisfying sensual delightfulness. And with this of course, our satisfaction and contented levels both within and without are stirred into action to do it all over again. (if you can be bothered of course or if it was enough to draw you into the game of "foodie love bites" and I want more of that!!) Lots of factors come into play of course. How we feel, what our taste buds are screaming for, or perhaps who we are cooking for, how much energy we have, whether we are inspired, can we be bothered? Oh gosh the list is endless really. Infinite ways and means of doing and being a cook or chef (that sounds a little more professional don't you think?)

There is of course the aspect of what part of our "soul" or experience in this life is choosing to experience itself as that choice in that meal with all those ingredients it knows it can use, because they are there and so you know you can. I mean, look at the potential in this one paragraph alone? It doesn't even need to be about food really does it? it could be about what undies you choose for the day? The potential of life creating itself and experiencing itself as it is choosing for its own experience.

In the end we work with what we know and can. Of course being open to living more fully, open to experience yourself differently, open to explore life in ways we might not be familiar with can open the door of infinite possibilities that lay within the whole spectrum of creating a life.

Some people want enlightenment to free themselves from the cycle of birth and death..that works I guess. I prefer being a shape shifter in this body right now, be anything I want to be. All it takes really is a little shift and shaping of yourself, a willingness to embrace yourself in this body as life and move yourself in the direction you wish to move.. Gosh when death comes for me, it will decide then and there what its doing next. As for right now. There is only this moment and life as it is.

Happy day to you Lorelyen.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 30-12-2017, 11:42 PM
Knower
Thank you for sharing your perspective happy_soul
Old 31-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
I didn't come up with this idea. It came from a 'channeled', non-physical entity.

What the channeled entity said, exactly, was: 'When you have your worth, you'll have God-realization.'

Everyone is a being of infinite worth. Everyone is priceless to God. You're worth more than all the money in the world. Perhaps if you have children, you would consider them 'priceless' to you as well.

Also, related to the idea of 'worth' is the concept of 'worthiness'. Certainly the two have the same linguistic origin.

ACIM teaches that we're all 'equally worthy' - indeed, INFINITELY worthy.

Our infinite worthiness is one of many aspects of our divine nature.

If it were that easy don't you think everybody would know about it and be doing it?
Old 31-12-2017, 02:11 AM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshy b. good
By the way.

Excuse me.

Isn't your worth an overcomer, we just didn't know. yes we are be inspired
And that's probably solver to reach to the "inspired" potential of swarm
ahh.

I think that is just a boshy assurance that next
time you are inspired allot you shall overcome.

Ofcourse meditation shall raise a idea,
and so does reading something .

aswell. We are bright enough to,
that's going to accept what we
are at a stronger finish.

we walk up to enlightment
with amazing awe, is how.

"We want rescue, it's got
to be adventurous, is all."