Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 15-02-2012, 07:56 AM
res

how do you find your centre

I am wondering what methods you use to find your centre at those times that you cant take the time to meditate. For example your in a meeting and are upset by a collegue which is playing on your mind. The meeting is becoming distant as your thoughts are consumed by the taunt and you need to quickly get your thoughts focussed so you can finish your presentation.
Old 15-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by res
I am wondering what methods you use to find your centre at those times that you cant take the time to meditate. For example your in a meeting and are upset by a collegue which is playing on your mind. The meeting is becoming distant as your thoughts are consumed by the taunt and you need to quickly get your thoughts focussed so you can finish your presentation.

Usually just remember your breathing, relax and take a few seconds to re-collect where you're at.
Old 15-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Shabby

That might be different for everyone. I detach my self consciously. Meaning I became aware that it is not me that is having a meeting, driving a car, giving a presentation, cooking food, fight with my husband...what ever task lies in front of me. The distance gives me the edge to be my best when I then jump into the task with new life.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Usually just remember your breathing, relax and take a few seconds to re-collect where you're at.

I'll second this... it's not mental, and breath is always right there.
It's precisely what Echardt Tolle suggests as well.
Old 15-02-2012, 02:03 PM
amy green

Pathfinder - if I am in a similar situation, e.g. am occupied by thoughts/emotions of something that's happened and need to be in the present - I make a mental note that it needs addressing later and put it on a back burner. This offsets the tendency it may have to constantly niggle on your mind - that you'll create a future time slot to deal with it. Centering then becomes largely a matter of shifting your focus to the present and sharpening your awareness.
Old 20-03-2012, 08:55 AM
res

Thanks all, sorry i am late and seem to be having issues with the site showing that i have read posts when i havent.
Much appreciated :-)
Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Yes, before reading Henri's and Gem's answer I thought - this happens alot in a group for me - how do I stay centered...it's not only breathing for me, but
''belly breathing'' --it's so sensual and relaxes my whole body..a smile comes on my face very fast...nothing seems more important then, than relaxing into this yummy technique.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Master

I try to find my center by creating a feeling of love in myself, or resting in the love of a diety/spirit (my concept of Spirit or God is in flux so it changes from time to time). I also cultivate a sense of self-confidence, safety in my own goodness, confidence in my own self and love, and then I return to that. Over time, this has lent a sense of calm and serenity to my life. Things that once bothered me, I can let go of. I can react with much more poise and focus than before. It's still something I'm practicing, but it has helped me come a long way. I never spent much time really exactly meditating on it, but I have tried to practice it in little moments or minutes throughout the day every day and over time that has gradually built up a strong sense of peace, confidence and centeredness in myself. I wouldn't say it always makes me successful or wise in my doings, but it generally makes me feel a lot more at peace with myself and whatever happens, anyway.

When I have the time to focus on it, I have started reflecting on Hoʻoponopono recently (thinking and reflecting on "I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you." toward any person or being I feel pain towards or about, and it has helped me a lot. I can sometimes do this, as a background sort of mantra running through my mind, even in the midst of conversations, and sometimes it seems to help me. I think the key for me is to make sure I'm really thinking about it in real terms, of me and the other person and our relationship, rather than just a mindless refrain. So I try to think of how I am sorry, sorry for them, what they might be going through, anything I might have done to contribute, directly or indirectly, how everyone is related in so many ways, and then I think of the relationship I have, my gratitude for the goodness I can see in them, and then I try to feel love, as a sense of interconnection to them, as they are part of the whole with me, a part of my whole. When I can do that, that has been helping me center and feel a lot more grounded.

I also try to get in this place beyond hope and fear and expectation. I learned about doing this by being really mindful, attending to basic tasks like cooking (works best for me, often, to make me mindful). I just seeped down into the moment where I was happy or at least attentive in the simple present moment. I also learned this through consulting my spirits I am connected with. When I asked advice, I got to a place in myself where I felt I would be calm and accepting of any answer they gave, since I trusted them so much. So I let go of the fear and hope and just cleared myself to wait for the answer given. That was a way I learned to calm myself, center myself, see more clearly beyond the distortions of my hopes and fears and projections and just be in the moment.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Master
Some good points made already .

How I started to center is to consciously trace back to my own point of self awareness .

x daz x