Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 23-04-2012, 03:58 PM
NekoTheCat

well apparently, afetr doing some more reading, the Korean shamanism is also known as Muism.

wiki link

and then, there is the Cheondoism also called the "religion of the Heavenly Way"

so i guess, everyone was partially right in here... still, may Koreans, even in the north (over 60%) have no religion.
Old 23-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoTheCat
well apparently, afetr doing some more reading, the Korean shamanism is also known as Muism.

wiki link

and then, there is the Cheondoism also called the "religion of the Heavenly Way"

so i guess, everyone was partially right in here... still, may Koreans, even in the north (over 60%) have no religion.

I've read 3 books on Korean Shamanism alone
all of which translated into english and written by koreans

I know what i am talking about

'Apparently'

this is a very important document,

THE TRAINING PROCESS OF THE CHARISMATIC MUDANG

This is also a very important idea,
understand this,
they venerate kundalini syndrome
they seek that experience
they think it is divine
they actually venerate, and seek, an experience like reported wendigo psychosis

Myself I have undergone this ordeal after attempting and succeeding with attuning myself to reiki
I was influenced by Anton LaVey but in later life when I found korean shamanism it came together

it is transnational they recognize this

by the way my sources are collaborated by multiple other sources including the Korea Foundation etc

Old 23-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

The book you want to read that really gets into it is,

KUT : HAPPINESS THROUGH RECIPROCITY by Hyun Key Kim Hogarth

the self-initiation is a sacrifice of ki

a very good film that illustrates this transnational concept is '
Yoga Academy'

TRAILER for Yoga Academy

it is an excellent horror movie illustrating the ordeal of korean shamanism through the release of 'ki' . they use Yoga (also features this) to explore this idea

Kundalini syndrome is an often reported experience that yoga enthusiasts might endure

this is why Korean Shamanism is interesting, the korean mindset, has a transnational pluralistic appeal

ok?

do the reading on it

dont look up **** on the internet you wont get far

read real books about this
Old 24-04-2012, 11:17 PM
NekoTheCat

you sound very knowledgeable ^^ more than me
i have no idea about it, but this post made me curious so thats why i posted that.

i heard something about koreans being obsessed with kundalini, yea, and i wondered ever since if there is anything to it or not...
Old 25-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
you sound very knowledgeable ^^ more than me
i have no idea about it, but this post made me curious so thats why i posted that.

i heard something about koreans being obsessed with kundalini, yea, and i wondered ever since if there is anything to it or not...

the person who translated Korean Shamanism -Muism by Dr. Kim Tae-kon (Anthropologist) is a psych doctor,

Chang Soo-kyung, Ph.D. is a Licensed Clinical and Forensic Psychologist in private practice and is a consultant to numerous agencies. Dr. Chang is a trainer, educator and practitioner in Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama, Certified by the American Medical board of Examiners. As a Forensic Clinician, Dr. Chang provides expert testimony in criminal and family law child custody cases. She has conducted extensive research on 'Shinbyong', Muism's initiation illness

I will make something plain,
its a very interesting variation of shamanism to study up on because it is very secular this way. the initiation illness has a statistically documented frequency that has been studied for nearly 50 years .

It -works-

Its a spiritual life that is proven by science

It might not be politically correct, and it doesn't pander to being 'holistic' or 'healthy'

Its spiritual nourishment, the mending of your soul,

but it doesn't beat around the bush and it won't guide you by the hand

it won't tell you how to live your life

If the supernatural makes for good horror fiction,
and fear and apprehension are synonyms,
this is the path you approach from

its a spiritual ordeal that begins with fear, apprehension, and terror before the cosmic .

it is.. very Lovecraftian this way

will make you go insane
and.. turn you into a proper, god-fearing person

Though you may be dismembered,
you'll learn lessons

it is a harsh, but true and steady hand
Old 25-04-2012, 08:48 AM
NekoTheCat

it sounds kinda scary when you put it this way..
and while it seems also very interesting, i dont think i want to become a dog fearing person, ahaha
being all serious though, i will at the very lest the links posted in here, as i didnt have the chance to yet.

sadly i see that not many people around here are into it :/ sand i do think that they're missing out (i know i do, but ill catch up with some info ;) )
Old 25-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
it sounds kinda scary when you put it this way..
and while it seems also very interesting, i dont think i want to become a dog fearing person, ahaha
being all serious though, i will at the very lest the links posted in here, as i didnt have the chance to yet.

sadly i see that not many people around here are into it :/ sand i do think that they're missing out (i know i do, but ill catch up with some info ;) )

I don't mean to make it sound -so- scary but frankly it is disturbing to have an experience like this that continually challenges you for the rest of your life you're made to accept what has happened to you it is unreversible

if you succeed, it is tremendously obvious because it controls the rest of your life basically it changes everything