Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-01-2015, 03:37 AM
FollowBack

Breathe.
Let go and Let God.
Old 23-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Experiencer

Higher self? If there's a thing such as higher and lower self, then aren't you essentially telling yourself that you want to do something?

You're struggling with indecision and cognitive dissonance. You want something, but for whatever reason your fear holds you back. This gives the experience of being divided, an illusory higher and lower self in disagreement. A self is a self, because what self sees the higher and the lower? Btw, exactly what is holding you back?

Of course it takes effort! I can go eat fast food and have a dream of making my own gourmet food, I can eat burger because I fear the challenges ahead or I can face them and deal with them to achieve my dream of eating gourmet dinner. This is just one example out of a thousand I can make on how to make dreams come true, but getting stuff done IS work.

Human motivation is like a balance, you've got desire and fear. You make it into a decision between captivity and freedom, fear being captivity and desire being freedom. You choose who wins, fear or desire. Fear being to stay where you are (which for undisclosed reason you can't), and desire being to go for it and pour your soul into it because it's your dream. To me it seems like you've already made the decision, if you'd calm down for a bit and reflect on what you just said.

Since you can't stay where you are and you must change, then the decision is clear. You gotta put in the effort and go for the dream, a life of fear is not a life for you. You deserve better. You gotta put in the effort to realize it, and much of it will be an experience you'll never forget. It will be harder before it becomes easier, there's much to learn before you master it. One thing is for sure, you'll never fly if you're too scared of the height.

You feel low and want to go up. As for actually accomplishing it I need a bit more specific information on what exactly your goal is to provide help, I'm a very mentally resourceful person.
Old 23-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Guide
Quote:
You're struggling with indecision and cognitive dissonance. You want something, but for whatever reason your fear holds you back. This gives the experience of being divided, an illusory higher and lower self in disagreement. A self is a self, because what self sees the higher and the lower?

I agree. I still don't really understand the compartmentalization of the self. Like the term ego, higher/lower self is a term passed around on here that people attach their own meaning to. It also helps explain certain motives, fears, and behaviors that we may not want to attribute to us completely. At least that appears to be how it is used frequently.
Old 25-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Experiencer
Hi Verunia,

In short, I believe is that Higher Self is self in 6th dimension where time and space doesn't exist. In a sense Higher Self is yourself in the future. The Higher Self protects self here on Earth when possible and guides when only asked - Higher Self will never infringe on the free. But don't listen to me :-) Hold on to your own belief about Higher Self that rings truth to you.

Boson