Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Master
the thought of death, the total ending of everything you know, could cause trepidation eh. but when it happens there's not alot that can be done cept maybe ease the transition and stay healthy as long as poss. one raison d'etre for enlightenment is that one dies now psychologically, whilst on earth. enters the house of death whilst alive in the body. we either die to our attachments in life or in death, one or the other, might as well be now.

"In that attention there is no seeking at all. And therefore there is no effort. And the mind becomes extraordinary alert, active, silent. Such a mind is the religious mind. And such a mind has an activity totally different, at a different dimension which thought can never possibly reach."

doesn't sound too bad..i'd give it a go..

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 03-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Master
double post

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Pathfinder
A lot of stuff is just hearsay... I mean people believe what they believe. The way things are is the way things are. To learn..? Better to unlearn... I've pretty much been through some of what you mention. I did my self a favor and decided most stuff is rubbish, a whole lot of nonsense. I mean the things in life that work well work very well. What is appreciated really is. From the existing genuinity and a bit of good is a whole lot more of the same, limited practical ways.

Ones feelings are ones feelings. Mixed with reasoning, being reasonable... is of value vs what might be, or could be, mostly opinion or hearsay... can be worse than some womens gossip magazine, all these hypothetical spiritual ideas... Sometimes at night I just relax letting go of the stresses of the day and all opinion...

I think its Buddha who says not to believe anything thats said or what one reads but to find out for ones self by doing what is right.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Master
P.S. -- If it's any consolation, all of these other ideas can (and often do) have in them the people we have very profound connections to--like your husband and daughter. If they're part of your soul group, you won't be without them no matter what concept you contemplate or experience!

Lora
Old 06-08-2013, 01:27 AM
1OneLove1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
P.S. -- If it's any consolation, all of these other ideas can (and often do) have in them the people we have very profound connections to--like your husband and daughter. If they're part of your soul group, you won't be without them no matter what concept you contemplate or experience!

Lora

I think what I am most scared of is the concept of nothing being real, of there not being souls, of being nothing and everything at the same time. Trippy stuff like that..

On the other hand I love the idea of a soul group. I love the idea of reincarnation.

Some of the concepts like "there is no self" I get really confused & intimidated. I'm halfway scared of going "crazy!" because some of the stuff out there is just INTENSE.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OneLove1
Some of the concepts like "there is no self" I get really confused & intimidated. I'm halfway scared of going "crazy!" because some of the stuff out there is just INTENSE.

Yeah, I have trouble with the "no self" idea myself--just because I think even the soul itself is a "self". But that's more like accepting or not accepting an idea. It doesn't really make me feel scared.

Is it that if you come to believe there is no self--you may "lose yourself"? Something like that?

Lora
Old 06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Every single post here was so so so GOOD!

I will take another perspective to be aware of, if I may...
when one has a wonderfully deep connection , trust, love for and
familiarity with "the Creator"....there just never is anything here or there,
concrete or etheric to ever fear anymore...I don't care if some demon is roaring in your face.
or if you are told you are living in parallel Universes....you've got God or
your Father always holding your hand.
My perspective that works for me now for years...
Take care

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Double post, sorry...gives ya a chance to read my signature again, tho

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-08-2013, 04:34 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OneLove1
I'm scared as heck about the concepts of different dimensions, living lives in parallel universes, astral plane, we are everything - everything is us, etc. I don't want to be in any other lives without my husband and daughter.

A good starting point for understanding is to find the cause that prompted these things that scare you ...

Highlighted in red is a statement shared by everyone w/cathected loved ones ...
I don't believe there is a soul on earth that is perfectly equipped to be a survivor of the death of a soulmate ...
The mind, body & soul automatically go into shock & survival mode upon their death ...
The reality of their death is slowly processed during grief for good reason; it allows the mind, body & soul time to absorb the impact & reality ...
Grief is more than just crying &/or as ignorant people view it "feeling sorry for one's self" --- it's a major transition ...
Death changes a person from being a talking head full of logic & reason to a person who has delved deep into their soul to experience the ultimate physical loss of a cathected love one wandering for years to find themself as well as trying to find meaning & purpose in their death carrying gut wrenching pain as its catalyst to reconciliation & healing ...
Neither Esther (Weaver) Hicks motivational speaker of the Abraham Hicks "Law of Attraction" or Pastor Rick Warren author of "Purpose Driven Life" were prepared for the devastating effects of grief from the death of her father & his son ...
However, her strong faith aided in her recovery ...
Pastor Rick Warren's faith is at this time still be tested ...
How a person perceives reality is a choice; it will be confronted when their "darkest hour" is upon them for change, deapth of meaning & purpose ...
If you choose to simply believe in reincarnation while continuing to live your life that is perfectly fine ...
The key is to not allow your fears to run you life ...
Old 07-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Jason Howe

Just to add onto the idea of a soul group...

Yep, you and many of those around you keep reincarnating over and over together but the roles change depending on what you all need from life to life. Your husband might be your daughter and you daughter might be your son and you might be their father next time around! :) And you all might be Japanese or Mexican or whatever. The point is chances are you'll probably "see" them again and will have a close loving soul connection with them - you probably have for many past lives and will again in the future. Looking at the biggest picture helps because it makes you realize nothing lasts forever in its current form but everything is in constant transition - and that it's okay!

(this also means that some of those pesky "difficult people" in your life are also in your soul group and you guys will keep reincarnating OVER and OVER until things are worked out - realizing this makes you want to learn how to work with them better in this life!)