Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Henri77

classic mediums hall of fame

A variety of classic mediums from earlier in the century, that we rarely hear about these days.
Just stumbled across this interesting resource.

http://website.lineone.net/~enlightenment/index.htm

Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Administrator
I have heard a lot of those named mediums i have seen two of them Doris Stokes and Doris Collins,

Namaste
Old 04-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Master
Thanks for the link Henri. The people on the list are so interesting. I would love to read some of their works.

Wow, Native Spirit. I would have loved to have met some of them. What were both Dorises like?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Henri77

Of course we never hear about 'em as they've mostly passed over some decades ago.
But it's interesting to read a bit about the earlier era of mediumship.

These days many-most people still seem to think mediums-psychics are largely frauds, for some reason ....

I guess they need science to verify these things before they'll accept the reality... dunno...

Or don't want to appear a fool for believing in things they don't see discussed on the nightly news.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Serenity Bear

Corol Polge was one of my teachers at the Arthur Findlay College, she died some years ago. I've got a great picture some where with us both sitting on one of their sofas.

She taught me a lot about how to work with psychic artists as the medium doing double links for the drawing and so on. A really good teacher.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Administrator

When i saw Doris stokes she was sitting on stage in an armchair.and a van was driven on stage that she had donated towards with the entrence fee, she got from everyone it was for a charity, she was ok a lot of what she said i had already heard, because they were written in her books.but for the ppl she connected too were all happy with their readings,
Doris collins well what can i say about her i walked out she was rubbish and i wasnt the only one to walk out either,doris stokes had a full theatre,doris collins had 20 ppl max, big diffference

Namaste
Old 04-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Henri77

Thanx for the delightful stories.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
A variety of classic mediums from earlier in the century, that we rarely hear about these days.
Just stumbled across this interesting resource.

http://website.lineone.net/~enlightenment/index.htm

I thought this was really interesting.. Thank you for sharing.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Of course we never hear about 'em as they've mostly passed over some decades ago.
But it's interesting to read a bit about the earlier era of mediumship.

These days many-most people still seem to think mediums-psychics are largely frauds, for some reason ....

I guess they need science to verify these things before they'll accept the reality... dunno...

Or don't want to appear a fool for believing in things they don't see discussed on the nightly news.

I think for those who have experienced it.. its easier or we think nothing of it.. but, for individuals that never saw a spirit or soul or anything its hard to connect the dots that it can be possible... So its a blessing to be able to see and hear spiritually.. I think..lol..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:45 AM
glenos

I have been at this lark for 40 years. And my mother 60yrs, who was one of the 'old schoolers' and a great teacher/medium who was friends with many of the old names. But it's a personal journey to a level of personal enlightenment. Teachers can only teach so much, the rest is up to us. Then as time goes along different things dawn on you and various occurances manifest themselves to you adding to the store of 'evidence'. Somewhere along the path it becomes the norm to see/hear/feel spirit. It can take 40 yrs, 40 months or a lifetime to become comfortable with the fact, and to recognise spirit at work in your own life and that of others. Then you have to understand what it's all about, the reasons 'why'. After that things fall in to place and certain realisations sink in to ones brain. And after that (phew) one starts to do something about it. Not only because you want to but because you reach a level of conciousness and understanding and awareness that fuels the absolute need to 'give something back' to those people and creatures on the earth-plane, and those of the spirit world that are around us, and to the Great White Spirit as Silver Birch would say. It's where you end up this place called Service.
So yeah, it can be a long road, and for some a short one, either way it isn't always easy because they don't give this stuff away, it has to be earned, forged in a crucible of bluddy hard work most often. And that is yet another area of discussion.

G