Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 23-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Henri77

Thanx Amy, CNC. I learn from everyones contribution , as do others curious about this.

Yeah it sounds like that being hung on to you for 3 days.....once he was able to come through, he didn't wanna leave.
Old 24-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Master

Hi Henri77 and welcome, for twenty years I was part of an evolving Spiritual development circle, within the same Spiritualists church. But during a home circle one evening, an old friend, a Native American Spirit guide expressed certain sounds through me, during an entranced link with him.

I discovered later, that I could reflect those `expressions` myself, while working to support entranced mediums, or during Spiritual healing. And those expressions changed the energies and their conditions to the benefit of those aided or healed.

I thought them to be Cheyenne, my old friend’s native tongue. While many years later I attempted a worded definition in search of recognized meaning, and was insightfully surprised at the Spiritual references I discovered. Those expressions he blessed me with, remain a Spiritual resource to me to this day.
Old 24-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Henri77

Thanx for sharing the story. It's an aspect I've not seen discussed before in any forums and I expect others will benefit.
My teacher (a spiritualist minister) discouraged trance channeling and only taught mental channeling as she felt we should retain control-ownership-awareness of our vehicle.
I regard this as an interesting phenomena and appreciate what's been shared. Most beings can communicate telepathically with pretty good accuracy, so trance isn't really needed but seems to suit some mediums.
Old 28-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Sighlense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Thanx for sharing the story. It's an aspect I've not seen discussed before in any forums and I expect others will benefit.
My teacher (a spiritualist minister) discouraged trance channeling and only taught mental channeling as she felt we should retain control-ownership-awareness of our vehicle.
I regard this as an interesting phenomena and appreciate what's been shared. Most beings can communicate telepathically with pretty good accuracy, so trance isn't really needed but seems to suit some mediums.

I have experienced speaking in tongues many many times and can do it at will, without even thinking about it (if that makes sense loll). But i've noticed that its a bit different then the dynamic energized version i'm used to seeing in the baptist churches i've grown up in. When i speak "the language" i'm very calm and articulate and feel like i'm actually speaking an entirely "different language" like, if i wrote them down and tried to translate them i could.

Also, something else i find interesting is that when i'm working with my cousin (who's also intuitive) my energy shoots through the roof if i'm actively engaging in tongues, and we're able to go much much "deeper" into the spiritual world when I speak in tongues.
Old 28-03-2012, 09:48 PM
merrie

Hi Sighlense,

I was baptised in the Holy Spirit years ago and received the gift of tongues, and can speak it at will. You never forget it.

Merrie
Old 28-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Sighlense

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrie
Hi Sighlense,

I was baptised in the Holy Spirit years ago and received the gift of tongues, and can speak it at will. You never forget it.

Merrie

Interesting, i was never baptised but this was one thing that flowed easier to me then many other of my gifts.

My Bishop has described it to me as "An intimate conversation between you and god."

Any insights on this?
Old 29-03-2012, 12:38 AM
merrie

Sighlense,

Speaking in tongues is a "prayer language".
As your Bishop said about the conversation being between you and God.
Perhaps it is pure prayer without our mind and thoughts getting in the way?

Of course the argument could be what about others who pray without speaking in tongues? God does not ignore them.

A few years ago speaking in tongues was the "in thing". You felt left out if you did not speak in tongues!
Old 29-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Henri77

It'd be interesting if an ancient language scholar could guess the cultural origin of recorded speaking such as this.

Wonder is its ever been tried?
Old 29-03-2012, 03:55 PM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrie
Sighlense,

Speaking in tongues is a "prayer language".
As your Bishop said about the conversation being between you and God.
Perhaps it is pure prayer without our mind and thoughts getting in the way?

Of course the argument could be what about others who pray without speaking in tongues? God does not ignore them.

A few years ago speaking in tongues was the "in thing". You felt left out if you did not speak in tongues!

Okay, I've always had a little fun being a detective and while I have had no experience in "tounges" except for the occasional strange dream/etc I might have a cool little point of view here...

"Tounges" they seem to be completely understandable as a full laungage at the time but unable to be written or transfered in day to day life, possibly even different each time used/etc...basically they serve a purpose to communicate at that very moment if I understand correctly?

Pure prayer is a great idea but as stated, not everyone speaks tounges so what about regular prayers?

Well, we all know some people are just more at risk for evil to attack them, whatever the reason may be so....

Is it possible "tounges" could be some form of ancient encryption? Basically a way of making the thoughts or words unable to be understood by the wrong (evil) source? That way the message can only be heard by the person who needs to hear it and not intercepted?

Just a thought :)
Old 29-03-2012, 06:29 PM
merrie

Ancient encryption

GNC - ancient encryption - a possibility. I was told this is true, so no one can read your thoughts, that go directly to God.

Merrie