Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 15-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
At this point it would be helpful to define what a 'medium' is expected to be able to do.

Anyone like to start the ball rolling?

Hi mac, in actuality it is the ethereal condition that is the medium, between the realms of astral / Spiritual existence, and the chakric sensitivity of human sensitive`s, which was their title before mediums. Within spiritualism there are many forms of mediumship, Clairvoyance, (seeing) Clairaudience, (hearing) Clairsentience, (feeling/sensing) and many others, from healing to trance mediumship. What they can do is varied; the most recognized are the Clairvoyants, because they give direct reflections between those who have passed from this world, and those still here.

But there is a vast array of awareness, disassociated with mediumship, which is created by mediumship. A psychic phenomenon is in essence, an attribute to human experience, but it has become, enwrapped with mediumship, in meaning and cause, which creates confusion.

It is simplified if recognizing that everything which can be experienced, within or from, beyond the material concept of existence, requires a natural mediumship. Not by human terms of learning, but by the recognition that we all have a subtle ethereal extension of our human being, so we all have a natural access to that natural medium, the ethereal condition. Giving a little consideration to what is mediated with, rather than the effect it creates on a human level, can be enlightening.
Old 15-12-2011, 09:50 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear
Hi mac, in actuality it is the ethereal condition that is the medium, between the realms of astral / Spiritual existence, and the chakric sensitivity of human sensitive`s, which was their title before mediums. Within spiritualism there are many forms of mediumship, Clairvoyance, (seeing) Clairaudience, (hearing) Clairsentience, (feeling/sensing) and many others, from healing to trance mediumship. What they can do is varied; the most recognized are the Clairvoyants, because they give direct reflections between those who have passed from this world, and those still here.

But there is a vast array of awareness, disassociated with mediumship, which is created by mediumship. A psychic phenomenon is in essence, an attribute to human experience, but it has become, enwrapped with mediumship, in meaning and cause, which creates confusion.

It is simplified if recognizing that everything which can be experienced, within or from, beyond the material concept of existence, requires a natural mediumship. Not by human terms of learning, but by the recognition that we all have a subtle ethereal extension of our human being, so we all have a natural access to that natural medium, the ethereal condition. Giving a little consideration to what is mediated with, rather than the effect it creates on a human level, can be enlightening.

I couldn't figure which part of the above defined what a medium might be expected to be able to do....
Old 19-12-2011, 10:53 PM
positivegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Oh,I have noticed,believe me,I have noticed. I try to stay humble about my 'little ability'.
There is no way in the world,I would attack any experienced medium unless it was proved he/she was a fraud.
My husband was a very experienced medium but never had any training.
The only aid he had was from his mother,who brought him up to believe there was a spirit world and taught him all she knew.
He 'saw and heard spirit' in natural ways.
It was something he had experienced all his life.
I have no quarrel with mediums who have been trained,lots of folks have a natural ability but need help in bringing that out.
I wish you well.

i can really relate to this. My Dad was a natural born medium and had sensed spirits since he was a little boy. He brought me up, making me aware of his gift but never imposing or porjecting it on to me. He jut spoke always very openly about the world he saw around him and never kept things from me. When he died (he passed away after battling cancer) he promised he'd send me a sign and his last words, and I kid you not on this one were, "I'll see you soon." I never for one moment thought he'd send me a message as I didnt think I could recieve them, but he did and about 6 months after he had gone, I started experiencing being able to sense spirits.

Nobody told me what to look for, what to say, how to make them stop, they were just suddenly all there, along with my Dads spirit. I once tried to explain what it was like to my partner and y'know that scene in Ghost were Whoopi has been conning people and suddenly she can sense the spirits for real and they are all in that room with her, shouting messages at her, and she can't even think straight because they are all so loud? For a very long time, I felt as though my life was like that. I was completely bombarded and I had no idea how to stop it. I was genuinally very scared as not everyone wh owas coming through was someone I wanted to talk to and I felt as though I no longer had any "me time."

Eventually, I started to feel drawn to a spiritualist group and although I met many lovely people there who really helped me understand what was happening to me and helped me channel my abilities more progressively, a lot of the classes they were offering about how to sense spirits, were lost on me. I was already sensing, seeing, hearing, even feeling and it was out of control. A few of the ladies from the centre took me under the wing and helped me get it all under control with things like white light and grounding and speaking to the spirits out loud to tell them what I was and wasn't comfortable with. I found when I did go to the classes which teach mediumship, I felt as though a lot of the things I was being told, were already being told to me too late on in the game. I really felt that because the ability had pretty much just showed up one day in my life (though I do believe it was there earleir and I just didnt realise), I hadn't bene trained or taught how to cope and in order for me to get support, I had to go to individual mediums for help, and not groups.

I'd join forums and try to explain my situation and then find peopel would want money for them to teach me certain skills - things like how to hear spirits. I coudl already hear spirits. What I wanted was control, and I didn't see why I should have to pay for the priviledge of privacy when I hadn't actually gone out of my way to learn this in the first place. It just appeared.

I've come to realise mediumship is a beautiful wonderful thing, but when you haven't actively courted it, and wishes to be taught how to do it, and it sort of thrusts its way in to your life, it can be very very scary.

I wish there was more support for people who were in my situation. Though I do find this forum more supportive than others and so far nobody has tried to get me to part with cash in exchange for my own happiness. More so, I have learnt to cope and deal with spirits when I want "me time". It didn't cost me a penny. I just made friends with some very like minded people who saw the situation I was in ,and brought light in to my life :)
Old 19-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Medium_Laura

Exactly. I teach freely as well and like you, it was all thrust on me at the young age of 5. Welcome to the forum Positive Girl
Old 20-12-2011, 11:16 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivegirl
i can really relate to this. My Dad was a natural born medium and had sensed spirits since he was a little boy. He brought me up, making me aware of his gift but never imposing or porjecting it on to me. He jut spoke always very openly about the world he saw around him and never kept things from me. When he died (he passed away after battling cancer) he promised he'd send me a sign and his last words, and I kid you not on this one were, "I'll see you soon." I never for one moment thought he'd send me a message as I didnt think I could recieve them, but he did and about 6 months after he had gone, I started experiencing being able to sense spirits.

Nobody told me what to look for, what to say, how to make them stop, they were just suddenly all there, along with my Dads spirit. I once tried to explain what it was like to my partner and y'know that scene in Ghost were Whoopi has been conning people and suddenly she can sense the spirits for real and they are all in that room with her, shouting messages at her, and she can't even think straight because they are all so loud? For a very long time, I felt as though my life was like that. I was completely bombarded and I had no idea how to stop it. I was genuinally very scared as not everyone wh owas coming through was someone I wanted to talk to and I felt as though I no longer had any "me time."

Eventually, I started to feel drawn to a spiritualist group and although I met many lovely people there who really helped me understand what was happening to me and helped me channel my abilities more progressively, a lot of the classes they were offering about how to sense spirits, were lost on me. I was already sensing, seeing, hearing, even feeling and it was out of control. A few of the ladies from the centre took me under the wing and helped me get it all under control with things like white light and grounding and speaking to the spirits out loud to tell them what I was and wasn't comfortable with. I found when I did go to the classes which teach mediumship, I felt as though a lot of the things I was being told, were already being told to me too late on in the game. I really felt that because the ability had pretty much just showed up one day in my life (though I do believe it was there earleir and I just didnt realise), I hadn't bene trained or taught how to cope and in order for me to get support, I had to go to individual mediums for help, and not groups.

I'd join forums and try to explain my situation and then find peopel would want money for them to teach me certain skills - things like how to hear spirits. I coudl already hear spirits. What I wanted was control, and I didn't see why I should have to pay for the priviledge of privacy when I hadn't actually gone out of my way to learn this in the first place. It just appeared.

I've come to realise mediumship is a beautiful wonderful thing, but when you haven't actively courted it, and wishes to be taught how to do it, and it sort of thrusts its way in to your life, it can be very very scary.

I wish there was more support for people who were in my situation. Though I do find this forum more supportive than others and so far nobody has tried to get me to part with cash in exchange for my own happiness. More so, I have learnt to cope and deal with spirits when I want "me time". It didn't cost me a penny. I just made friends with some very like minded people who saw the situation I was in ,and brought light in to my life :)

It is hard at first,isn't it?
My first indication of spirit was when I was 16 years old.
My grandfather had passed away a few weeks earlier and I was sleeping sound at night. I woke up feeling pressure on the bed as though someone had sat down.
Put the lamp on and there was no one there.
I yelled for my parents feeling scared out of my wits.
I do believe Grandad had visited me.
So treasure the gift you have,it is very special.