Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Guide
Color James Randi 1 million dollar challenge for psychics...

If you haven't heard there's a skeptic named James Randi who
set a challenge where if you can prove psychics/mediums are real
you get 1 million dollars. It's been up for years but no one has taken
it and succeeded.
If you believe you have supernatural powers you can fill out an
application to try.

As I said if you succeed at his test you get 1 million dollars.
Not to mention you'll bring proof to millions of skeptics and
open their minds and hearts to the supernatural.
How awesome would that be?

The application to it is here:
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/...plication.html

You can Google "James Randi's Million dollar challenge"
and find heaps of info on it.

If you enter the best of luck to you
Old 22-02-2011, 07:40 PM
earthprowler

ahhhh the famous Randi money.
He'll take any psychic or medium but his blood flows only for Sylvia.
Old 22-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Master
yeah he only wants sylvia for as long as he's had this out he's wanted Sylvias blood as earthprowler says.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Master
Sylvia is a liar, and like her there are many who prey on gullible people..

It's good to see some brave people like Randi taking a sceptical approach.. the majority of the people just take any supernatural claim for granted.
Old 22-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Guide
Yeah I have mixed signals about Sylvia.
I get fake vibes from her. And btw don't get me wrong.
I know skepticism is important and healthy. And I
think James is awesome
Old 22-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Master
You know Lovely I used to really like Sylvia I really felt she was it, the real thing. However, the past 10 years she's really rubbed me the wrong way. ANd last night I was flicking thru the channels and now she's on Montel Williams selling a product? I saw that and thought OMG Sylvia now you're really proving you're fake.
I really feel at one time she was real, now I feel totally she's fake and has actually "lost it" in terms of her psychic feelings. I see she has two new books out, that totally I would never buy and this is someone who would buy all her books. She's run out of steam and it's time for her to just let go and let God as she's so fond of saying.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
As I said if you succeed at his test you get 1 million dollars.
Not to mention you'll bring proof to millions of skeptics and
open their minds and hearts to the supernatural.

My thoughts are;

Firstly, that the type of person who could do it (if it could be done) would ironically most likely needed to have cultivated a non-materialistic dispostion in order to realise such potential so would have no interest in financial gain.

And secondly, that 'opening hearts and minds' as you put it, is a romantic viewpoint, whereas my formidable imagination predicts as more likely, an ensuing disposition of discontentment as the ground is unceromoniously ripped from beneath their feet forcing them to face a potential reality incorporating both irrational and inexplicable occurences. And that for this reason the able practitioner would abstain as they would necessarily have cultivated and likely integrated an understanding of the notion 'that with great power comes great responsibility'.

I guess it comes down to, if you could - does it mean you should.

I feel the prize money is safe either way.
Old 22-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
My thoughts are;

Firstly, that the type of person who could do it (if it could be done) would ironically most likely needed to have cultivated a non-materialistic dispostion in order to realise such potential so would have no interest in financial gain.

And secondly, that 'opening hearts and minds' as you put it, is a romantic viewpoint, whereas my formidable imagination predicts as more likely, an ensuing disposition of discontentment as the ground is unceromoniously ripped from beneath their feet forcing them to face a potential reality incorporating both irrational and inexplicable occurences. And that for this reason the able practitioner would abstain as they would necessarily have cultivated and likely integrated an understanding of the notion 'that with great power comes great responsibility'.

I feel the prize money is safe either way.

I thought the same thing about money.
But someone could use it for charity.
That money would do wonders for other people.
I know just 5,000 dollars could give a well of clean water to a whole village.
So imagine what 1 million would do.
Old 22-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
I thought the same thing about money.
But someone could use it for charity.
That money would do wonders for other people.
I know just 5,000 dollars could give a well of clean water to a whole village.
So imagine what 1 million would do.

That's a really nice wish, I'm with you on that one.
Old 22-02-2011, 08:20 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
You know Lovely I used to really like Sylvia I really felt she was it, the real thing. However, the past 10 years she's really rubbed me the wrong way. ANd last night I was flicking thru the channels and now she's on Montel Williams selling a product? I saw that and thought OMG Sylvia now you're really proving you're fake.
I really feel at one time she was real, now I feel totally she's fake and has actually "lost it" in terms of her psychic feelings. I see she has two new books out, that totally I would never buy and this is someone who would buy all her books. She's run out of steam and it's time for her to just let go and let God as she's so fond of saying.
Spiritlite.

I agree with you 100% Spirit. I used to think she was right on the money about everything she said, I loved her straight to the point attitude but somewhere along the line something about her whole demeanor changed. And then when all of the readings that were all wrong started coming out and she just kept trying to insist she was right no matter what. I think she's lost it in her feelings period. Once you trip, it's hard to catch yourself; especially in front of the world.