Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-04-2020, 01:44 PM
Pathfinder
Jesus, Luke 21:34 and 35

“Now beware in yourselves that your hearts do not become heavy with the eating of flesh and with the intoxication of wine and with the anxiety of the world, and that day come upon you suddenly; for as a snare it will come upon all them who sit on the surface of the earth.”

I'm not preaching here, just saying...
Old 04-04-2020, 01:54 PM
ImthatIm

Luke 21
Quote:
34And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness,
and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell
on the face of the whole earth. 36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all
these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Surfeiting is translated from the Greek
Your translation seems to be misleading.

Here is the Greek word that you are trying to translate into eating flesh.

Quote:
Strong's No.: G2897
Greek: κραιπάλη
Transliteration: kraipalē
Phonetic: krahee-pal'-ay
Word Origin: Probably from the same as G726
Bible Usage: surfeiting.
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Strongs
Definition:
properly a headache (as a seizure of pain) from drunkenness that is (by implication) a debauch (by analogy a glut)

Thayers
Definition:
1. the giddiness and headache caused by drinking wine to excess

Bible References:
Surfeiting Luke 21:34
Translation
Occurrences: surfeiting ( 1 )

So your pointing out drinking is bad in the scriptures.
Got it.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:02 PM
ketzer

On the other hand Jesus did turn water into wine. So how does all that fit together with drinking is bad?
Old 04-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgarthaZen11
“Now beware in yourselves that your hearts do not become heavy with the eating of flesh and with the intoxication of wine and with the anxiety of the world, and that day come upon you suddenly; for as a snare it will come upon all them who sit on the surface of the earth.”

I'm not preaching here, just saying...

Jesus enjoyed a sup of Wine
Old 04-04-2020, 02:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
On the other hand Jesus did turn water into wine. So how does all that fit together with drinking is bad?

Allegory...turn water into wine is a reference to transforming the natural Soul of man, into the divine Christed being .

A transformation of Soul'self..The new birth via the Holy spirit'ual essence.

It is not about consuming alcohol. The physical body of flesh designed & created by the almighty Christ entity, was not designed to .......alcohol.

Alcohol poisons the flesh & causes disease. And so Jesus would not turn water into wine so that people could cause disease to flourish within them.

Jesus only does loving things for other persons, that is what he is. All holy, all loving and all Merciful. The same as his Heavenly Father Christ entity.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Allegory...turn water into wine is a reference to transforming the natural Soul of man, into the divine Christed being .

It is not about consuming alcohol. The physical body of flesh designed & created by the almighty Christ entity, was not designed to .......alcohol.

Alcohol poisons the flesh & causes disease. And so Jesus would not turn water into wine so that people could cause disease to flourish within them.

Jesus only does loving things for other persons, that is what he is. All holy, all loving and all Merciful. The same as his Heavenly Father Christ entity.

Not all Wine is Alcoholic.....
Old 04-04-2020, 02:33 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil

That is one opinion, and I respect that, but I think a beer now and then in moderation is a good thing, even if it shaves a month or couple two three from my life.
Ben Franklin said that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, and he was a pretty bright cookie and all around fun guy.

Anyway, I am still confused. If Jesus was against wine, what was it that was passed around at the last supper, and I would think drank at other Passover celebrations before that?
Old 04-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Master
"....and they are so inured, that they will fight to protect it.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 04-04-2020, 03:36 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
That is one opinion, and I respect that, but I think a beer now and then in moderation is a good thing, even if it shaves a month or couple two three from my life.
Ben Franklin said that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, and he was a pretty bright cookie and all around fun guy.

Anyway, I am still confused. If Jesus was against wine, what was it that was passed around at the last supper, and I would think drank at other Passover celebrations before that?

ketzer.

There is no reason for confusion. Jesus was against intoxication from wine.....not the drinking of wine itself. Moderation.....:)
Old 04-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
ketzer.

There is no reason for confusion. Jesus was against intoxication from wine.....not the drinking of wine itself. Moderation.....:)

It could be Non Alcoholic Wine, who knows...