Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 26-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Pendulum experiment ~ conflicting answers

I have heard that one must ask their pendulum a question correctly, to receive an answer. I have also heard there are many ways to ask the same question...

in regards to this, then I would think the answers to all the questions, even if re-worded, should be the same ?

I will give an example ~

1 ~ I asked if it was a good idea if I spoke on the phone with a certain someone ~ YES
2 ~ I asked if I should talk on the phone with this same person ~ YES
3 ~ I asked if I should ask this person to talk on the phone with me ~ NO

I can see that the first two questions are similar, and this might explain why I get the YES answer

then, I am wondering since it IS a good idea if I speak on the phone with a certain someone and since I SHOULD talk on the phone with this same person

then WHY am I getting NO for an answer, when I am asking if I should ask this person to talk on the phone to me ?

Aren't these conflicting answers ?

Just out of curiosity, I am wondering if anyone would like to do a similar experiment, reword a question 3 times and see if you get the same answers or conflicting answers?

thank you,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Experiencer

I don't know... maybe the other person is meant to contact you. Or perhaps just because something is a good idea, does that mean the time is right to act on that idea? just throwing some ideas out there. But when using my pendulum, I typically only ask something once. You bring up a great point, though, how important the wording of the question is.
Old 26-01-2011, 05:19 PM
SoaringSpirit

The way you phrase a question is very important - eg: If you asked "Is it raining outside" you may very well get a YES, even though its bright sunshine outside you house. the reason you would get a yes, is because you were not being specific enough, it obviously was raining outside somewhere in the world.

With regard to asking the same question three different ways, personally I don't like to do that cause it seems rude. If you were asking a person a question, would you continue to ask them the same question in three different ways if they had already answered you the first time??? If someone did that to me, I'd probably also give a stupid answer by the third time LOL
Old 27-01-2011, 01:23 AM
AngelBreeze

About Your Experiment and Conflicting Answers

Warm and Special Greetings Dream Angel!

Concerning your question, the reason why your third try produced a "no" response from your pendulum is that a question should never be asked more than once. Whenever a question is asked more than once you can certainly run into the type of situation you have encountered where there will be conflicts.

The pendulum works with sympathetic vibrations and once it has given an answer, to retest the pendulum again and yet again, (and no offense to you because many others do the same thing) is redundancy. If the pendulum senses, through your SVs, that you do not accept the first answer given, it perceives that you want a different outcome thus, may very well give you one, in part due to your own thoughts that can bring this about! Therefore, once an answer is given, that is the answer given. Finis. To continue to ask again is the equivalent of asking your boss if you can get a day off and being told that you can, but you ask another time, and receive the same answer, and then you ask yet another time until the person who gave you the original answer gets tired of you asking and gives you a negative response. So you now see what can happen!

It is not necessary to ask more than once. Asking once should truly suffice. If the answer is however not clear the first time or you get a conditional response that you may not understand, then you might ask to have the answer clarified by asking once more but be sure to reword your question. If the answer is still not clear, do not continue to ask again. Simply wait until another time.

Sorry that I cannot participate in your experiment as requested since I know to ask only once thus I'm sure you understand.

Thank you for this question. It is a very good one!

Many light-filled blessings to you!
AngelBreeze

Old 27-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Selenphina, SoaringSpirit and AngelBreeze ~ 3 answers basically the same, only ask 1 question !

I guess I was just looking for confirmation, I never thought about the things you all mentioned. I didn't mean to sound like I was doubting the first answer given, but I guess that is what I was doing. I was just wanting to make sure.

AngelBreeze you do give such excellent examples in answering my questions, using non spiritual related experiences. Just wondering, have you thought about writing a book - something along the lines of Pendulum Guidelines ? I would be in line to purchase a copy !

Experiment cancelled, lol ~ due to 3 excellent replies ! Thank you all !

blessings of light,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Master
I ask a yes or no question that's obvious so I know what is yes or no.
THen I ask the question only once going into detail such as "should I talk to Tony Brown, will it be beneficial for me" then it answers yes, then I ask "is that the correct answer" then it says yes I stop if it says no I reask.
I don't ask the same question in different ways over and over as I feel this causes confusion.
Spiritlite.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Now that you mention it Spiritlite, I have heard of the same thing, asking if this is the correct answer. Interesting the different ways questions are asked of our pendulums.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Master
It may be possible that there was confusion in the wording of the question. Or you were not clear in your request. I find in those situations to ask a second, or third time, to see if the answer stays the same.

Answers can also change depending on when you ask them. If you asked the first two questions on Monday, and then on Tuesday asked the 3 question. You may get a different answer. As our lives are always changing so what may of been true one day, can waiver to something else another day.
Old 27-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Inner,

After reading your reply, I am thinking maybe I wasn't quite clear in my request. And in trying to be, I ended up with the 3 questions. I wonder, if I asked you to ask the question for me, would you get a different answer than if I asked the question ?

Interesting thought on the answers changing ~ that idea never crossed my mind. I'd like to check out this idea with you, we could come up with one question each, then both ask it on different days and see what happens ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Master
I got yes, for all the questions. It depends on what the question is there may not be a change in the answer. I have noticed some stay the same, but some change. I suppose it's all a matter of how flexible the answer could of been.

I still haven't ruled out that the pendulum is not just telling me what I want to hear.