Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Cherub T

Thanks for the comments, it was the hardest thing I've had to do. I feel that animals are equal and I really didn't want to be the one to decide. I nursed him for two days and nights, I never slept as snoopy got more unsteady. I imagined him binkying and being happy, I felt there was a reason that I had been made to make this decision. It was horrible driving to the vets and it was teeming down with rain, but after snoopy passed. I sat alone with him in the room and I heard little birds singing outside the window. I hope he is okay.

X
Old 08-11-2010, 01:23 AM
Celeste

How are you doing?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Cherub T

Hi Celeste, I think it's been so long since i've grieved, that i forgot how hard it is. It's loads of emotions and don't know how i feel really. Yesterday watching a film took my mind away for a while and then "bam" it hits me about what happened. I try to figure things out in my head. I feel awful that i had to make the decision of euthanasia.

I've also read about a woman that is a pet undertaker, she takes your animals, cremates them and returns them on the same day so you can start the grieving process, she's also a trained counsellor on this subject. She decided to do this as a profession as when one of her dogs died, the guy that came to collect her dead pet and said "is this it?", picked it up and it's neck broke. When she got the ashes back it was a plain box and then i read a few people wonder if it really is their animals ashes that get returned as a lot of vets go with what company will give the most profit. It made me sad.

I've just to wait on a phone call (they said it could take 2 weeks) till i get to go and collect Snoopy's ashes in the vets (whilst people are sitting with their animals). I know it's the shell that's left and that he's not there, but i'd hate to think of his body not getting the respect it deserves, or any other animal for that matter. I'm praying it will be Snoopy ashes that are returned to us. We don't have a proper garden so I'd like to spread his ashes on some roses. x
Old 08-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Administrator
((((Cherub ))))

I Had to have my dog put to sleep a few weeks ago, its one of the hardes positions

to find yoursels facing, but as you said yourself you cant let him suffer,

its hard and the tears will flow, but its only normal.

putting him to sleep is the kindess thing you can do for him now,

Namaste
Old 08-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Cherub T

Native spirit, sorry to hear about your dog. It is indeed a hard task to carry out. There is a very fine line when it crosses from illness over to the animal suffering. Bunnies tend not to show any signs of pain as they are prey, so i wondered how much pain he must've been in. I hope he arrived at rainbow bridge okay and is happy. I just feel so sad. I think this will take time. x
Old 09-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Summerkat

Lots of hugs Cherub. I have had to put animals to sleep too and I know how horribly difficult it is. But Snoopy was so lucky to have you. You did everything you could and it was an act of love to help Snoopy on his way.

I just lost a pet bird day before yesterday and so I do know what you're going through. BTW, I love the name Snoopy...another bird I had was named Peanut and he was my favorite.

Yeah its gonna take a while. Just keep feeling the love you had and you can visualize that rainbow bridge. When you need to go there in your mind. Reach out to Snoopy with love and you'll feel love coming back to you. You can hold Snoopy or pet him again in this place. And just have some time together. Thats what I always do and it helps a lot. They say not even death can break love.

All the best to you and your Snoopy. hugs!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Cherub T

Hi Summerkat, I'm so sorry to hear also of your recent loss. I felt Snoopy with me the other night. I imagined him in the room and he was hopping about. I'm wondering if he was there in spirit or if it was indeed my imagination. It was a place he had never been in, but it seemed like he was there having fun. No one else saw him of course. (well not that i know)
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 AM
Celeste

Bunny

The way you know if they are truly Snoopy's ashes is if you took him to a reputable vet.

How is Starskey doing? I hope you are feeling a little bit better today. But like you said, these things take time. Grieve in any way you wish and for as long as you need to.

I hope you don't take it wrong, me putting the little pink bunny upper left. It's in loving memory of Snoopy.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Cherub T

Hi Celeste, It was a good vets that i took him too, but the bodies get sent to another place for cremation and it takes nearly two weeks till you can collect them back from the vets. This womans site i came across brings the ashes to you that evening with the name on the box, so you know it's your pet and you don't have to go into the vet whilst everyones sitting with their pets. I was on a pet bereavement site and a lot of people wonder if it's really their animals ashes. I hope it's okay. I want him to live through my roses i think.

Starskey is a completely different bunny, Snoopy used to nudge you for a cuddle but Starskey just runs away and is very independent (apart from when she used to cuddle into Snoopy). Snoopy used to groom her and clean her eyes. Bunnies sometimes get discharge and Snoopy always took care of her. She's not eating her pellets and hardly any water. She's having some greens and her hay. I dreamt the other night that she died. It is in the back of my mind i suppose as she is a good age and it's not uncommon for bunnies to follow the other if they've had a strong bond.

I was working last night and I've got work later today, also i have to get some cleaning done. I just couldn't be bothered with it at all.

On the 20th November I'm doing free facepainting for an animal awareness event. There will be talks, crafts, food, hair wraps and lots of other bits and pieces. I'm also putting together a leaflet in honor of Snoopy. It will have rabbit care on it and information about health. Also to give awareness about adoption too. I think it will be good for me to focus on that. x
Old 11-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Celeste

That is very nice what you are doing for animal awareness.

Well, let's hope she is just grieving and will be better soon.

I'm sure whatever you did regarding the ashes is fine. You followed your intuition.

Relax and be good to yourself.

: }}}