Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Angels3

Does your pendulum only work for you??

So today I got my pendulum out to show my friends. Despite only having it for a short week (bought it Wed), it answers my questions (yes or no) quite freely. I feel that I have a connection with it, so when I allowed my friend to try it, it didn't work for him. I was kind of hesitant in letting him use it, but I did anyway. Why didn't it work for him?? After I took it and put it in my bowl of sea salt that the shop keeper told me to put it in to cleanse it (though I hear thats wrong??). Will it work if other people use it??
Old 04-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Sangress

Pendulums don't work for me AT ALL. They just stay still. Some people are just like that.

But yeh, I am pretty sure that pendulums are "attuned" or bonded to the person who uses it the most. It might not be as accurate for other people if your unwilling to let them use it (because the pendulum might react to how you feel about whoever is using it.)

Perhaps the main thing is to throw the thought out there that the pendulum is allowed to behave for other people if your ok with it.

I'm no expert, I was never able to get into pendulums for obvious reasons so I'm just going by what I've observed in a lot of other tools.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 AM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Pendulums don't work for me AT ALL. They just stay still. Some people are just like that.

But yeh, I am pretty sure that pendulums are "attuned" or bonded to the person who uses it the most. It might not be as accurate for other people if your unwilling to let them use it (because the pendulum might react to how you feel about whoever is using it.)

Perhaps the main thing is to throw the thought out there that the pendulum is allowed to behave for other people if your ok with it.

I'm no expert, I was never able to get into pendulums for obvious reasons so I'm just going by what I've observed in a lot of other tools.
My pendulum works quite well. I guess for ones pendulum to work for others. That would probably depending on how compatible your energy is with the other persons.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 PM
AngelBreeze

Pendulums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels3
So today I got my pendulum out to show my friends. Despite only having it for a short week (bought it Wed), it answers my questions (yes or no) quite freely. I feel that I have a connection with it, so when I allowed my friend to try it, it didn't work for him. I was kind of hesitant in letting him use it, but I did anyway. Why didn't it work for him?? After I took it and put it in my bowl of sea salt that the shop keeper told me to put it in to cleanse it (though I hear thats wrong??). Will it work if other people use it??

Warm greetings, Angels3!

As one who uses the pendulum frequently, I can say that it is a wonderful instrument to work with but there are rules that must be strictly followed in order to allow it to fully do its job.

In your case, you were hesitant about allowing your friend to use your pendulum. That was an inner sign and a strong indication that it was not ready to be turned over to your friend's personal energy. It did not work either because of his lack of belief in it or that he was not fully trained to operate it. Again, usage of a pendulum is not as easy as picking one up to start asking questions and expect quick answers in return. Unless you are adept at using it, you may well have less than desirable results.

It is always good to cleanse your pendulum frequently whether you are the one doing work with it and especially if you should make the mistake of lending it to someone else. Remember, that is always a No-No! You see, a pendulum carries your personal energy vibration and leading pendulists strongly advise against lending it to someone else as the pendulum works with vibrations and can easily pick up the negative vibrations of others or even the simple vibrations that may not be conducive to your overall personal harmony with it. In fact, they advise one to keep their pendulum in a protective container such as a silk pouch or wooden box so as to not allow extraneous vibrations to affect it in any way.

I would not personally use sea salt to clear a pendulum. A good way to cleanse the pendulum is to place it under cold running water for about sixty seconds with the intent that all negative vibrations be removed from the pendulum. Alternatively, you can just hold it in your left hand and clear out the vibrations of its last use.

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Sungirl

personally a pendulum is just a tool to signal messages you are getting from your higher self/intuition. It is just a thing.

If it is a crystal that is another matter but a pendulum, whether it be a diamond encrusted ruby or a rusty nail on a piece of string, is just a thing. It is you that is doing the work.

If you see it as a sacred tool then there is nothing wrong with cleansing it... but imho it not working for your friend is nothing to do with the pendulum.

Does your friend dowse? If not then it is possible that they need to spend a little time tuning into to their intuition. They would also need to find out what their personal yes/no responses are.

If they do dowse it is possible that they felt uncomfortable using your pendulum.

I use all sorts of things as a pendulum. Yes I have favourites but really they are only visually my favourites.

As always this is just my opinion and you can bin it if it doesn't resonate....
Old 05-03-2011, 03:49 PM
LightFilledHeart

Since pendulums work on the principle that the individual's Higher Self prompts unconscious and unpercieved movement which creates the corresponding yes or no movement of the pendulum, why would it matter who used it?

Personally I've never had good luck with this form of divination. I tested it by writing questions to which I knew the answers on identical slips of paper which I then folded up so as not bo be able to see the question or distinguish one from the other. I then dowsed for the yes or no answer over each, and in all three cases the answers were incorrect. I've had better luck with dowsing rods, but even they frequently give erronious answers, so when I do use that method, I keep that margin for error in mind and take the answers received by that method with a grain of salt
Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Angels3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
personally a pendulum is just a tool to signal messages you are getting from your higher self/intuition. It is just a thing.

If it is a crystal that is another matter but a pendulum, whether it be a diamond encrusted ruby or a rusty nail on a piece of string, is just a thing. It is you that is doing the work.

If you see it as a sacred tool then there is nothing wrong with cleansing it... but imho it not working for your friend is nothing to do with the pendulum.

Does your friend dowse? If not then it is possible that they need to spend a little time tuning into to their intuition. They would also need to find out what their personal yes/no responses are.

If they do dowse it is possible that they felt uncomfortable using your pendulum.

I use all sorts of things as a pendulum. Yes I have favourites but really they are only visually my favourites.

As always this is just my opinion and you can bin it if it doesn't resonate....
What do you mean by its another matter if its a crystal?? Its a Jasper crystal. No my friend does not dowse, I was kind of playing with it and he wanted to see if it really worked or if it was me moving it . Thanks for the reply!

Warm greetings, Angels3!

As one who uses the pendulum frequently, I can say that it is a wonderful instrument to work with but there are rules that must be strictly followed in order to allow it to fully do its job.

In your case, you were hesitant about allowing your friend to use your pendulum. That was an inner sign and a strong indication that it was not ready to be turned over to your friend's personal energy. It did not work either because of his lack of belief in it or that he was not fully trained to operate it. Again, usage of a pendulum is not as easy as picking one up to start asking questions and expect quick answers in return. Unless you are adept at using it, you may well have less than desirable results.

It is always good to cleanse your pendulum frequently whether you are the one doing work with it and especially if you should make the mistake of lending it to someone else. Remember, that is always a No-No! You see, a pendulum carries your personal energy vibration and leading pendulists strongly advise against lending it to someone else as the pendulum works with vibrations and can easily pick up the negative vibrations of others or even the simple vibrations that may not be conducive to your overall personal harmony with it. In fact, they advise one to keep their pendulum in a protective container such as a silk pouch or wooden box so as to not allow extraneous vibrations to affect it in any way.

I would not personally use sea salt to clear a pendulum. A good way to cleanse the pendulum is to place it under cold running water for about sixty seconds with the intent that all negative vibrations be removed from the pendulum. Alternatively, you can just hold it in your left hand and clear out the vibrations of its last use.

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

The store keeper told me about having different energies coming onto it, but I didn't realize how it really affect it. Thanks for the info!

Since pendulums work on the principle that the individual's Higher Self prompts unconscious and unpercieved movement which creates the corresponding yes or no movement of the pendulum, why would it matter who used it?

Personally I've never had good luck with this form of divination. I tested it by writing questions to which I knew the answers on identical slips of paper which I then folded up so as not bo be able to see the question or distinguish one from the other. I then dowsed for the yes or no answer over each, and in all three cases the answers were incorrect. I've had better luck with dowsing rods, but even they frequently give erronious answers, so when I do use that method, I keep that margin for error in mind and take the answers received by that method with a grain of salt

Thats what I thought too, but wouldn't it move even a bit ?? I'm not sure, but when I first bought it, I was surprised how powerful it swung. I tried doing the multiple answers, but I think I was doing it wrong, so I think i'm going to go to a pendulm learning session..
Old 05-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels3
What do you mean by its another matter if its a crystal?? Its a Jasper crystal. No my friend does not dowse, I was kind of playing with it and he wanted to see if it really worked or if it was me moving it . Thanks for the reply!

Just my opinion here but there is a difference between using a rusty nail and a crystal. But that is because I believe that crystals are earth elders and bring their own wisdom into the mix.

If your friend had never dowsed before I am not surprised it didn't work straight off, particularly if he is sceptical about it. I know when I first learnt the movement was tiny and easily disregarded.

The way I learnt to trust it was by playing Find the Lady. Use 3 pieces of paper, 3 playing cards, 3 beer mats. 3 of anything that looks the same on one side. Choose one of the playing cards or mark one piece of paper. Shuffle them around and try and find the one you chose.

After I had been doing it a while, along with learning to listen to and trust my intuition I learnt to recognise when I was actively controlling the pendulum and when I was properly dowsing.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:52 AM
shifty123

I've noticed over the last few weeks that my energy is getting stronger. Plus my interaction with my pendi is getting more consistent. I don't think that allowing another person to use your pendi would hurt as long as you ask it or your higher self for permission first.

Also I could be wrong but if you're going to let another person use it. It would be better to have a person of the opposite gender use it then the same gender. That's just my opinion.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Master
I have a rose quartz pendulum, carved with an inlaid pentacle, and mounted on a silver shaft with a silver chain. I have a pine cone that I picked up on a wander on a piece of cord. They work equally well ! All you need is a suspension cord and a bob-weight !