Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Need help! Pain in head due to meditation

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member of this community and happy to be associated with you all. I would need a small help in regards to meditation. So here goes my case:

I fell in love with the idea of meditation around 2 years back and decided to try it. My technique was simple. I used sit with my spinal straight, close my eyes and use earplugs to cut off the external sound. I breathe slowly and deeply. I focus on my breath and if any thoughts come up then I try my best to pass them without any judgment. And then again divert my focus back on my breath.

I used to do this daily for 10 minutes.

And here is the problem:

No problem with discipline or commitment. But after few days my head started feeling extremely heavy and it used to pain in center right between my eyebrows - right above the tip of my nose, near Glabella. Moreover, I was not able to sleep. I used to hardly sleep for 2-3 hours a day. Apart from that, I used to feel extremely groggy throughout the time when I was awake and used to also feel less energetic. The lousiness used to also impact my food habits and I was not able to eat much. Initial days were awesome but later such stuff started happening.

However, the moment I stop meditating everything turns OK. In 2 days life is back to normal. No sleep issues, no pain issues, nothing. But if I try again then the same cycle repeats.

Then I decided to change my technique and started following a Japanese technique that can help to relieve stress. Here is what I used to do:

japanese-technique-stress-relief (you can google to know more as I am new and cant post links)

Again all OK initially however after a couple of weeks it started paining and sleep issues. I decided to drop it and everything came back to normal

Now in the span of 2 years, I have tried meditating multiple times, however, every time I try all goes OK for few days and then the issue starts. I have tried around 5-6 times in the last 2 years and failed every time. Even with mindfulness exercise I fail due to same problem

Cause?

I would like to know the cause of this?

Can the technique be wrong? If so then what is the best and simple technique I should follow. An article or a video link or a simple explanation in your words will be helpful.

Also, I do night shifts and sleep during the day. Can this be the reason? If so then does it mean that people who work in night are not allowed to meditate?

The breathing exercise I tried was at 6 am in the morning before I go to sleep but I failed and the Japanese technique I tried at 6 pm in the evening before I go to my work and I failed again. What should be the best time to meditate for people who work in night shifts?

What should be the ultimate reason for such things and how should I overcome it. Has anyone else experienced such stuff?

Most of the people face discipline and commitment issues while meditating, however, I don't have such issues. 10-20 minutes a day is something I would love to give willingly initially. I am open to exploring the world of meditation but this is the only issue I have. And looking forward to solving it.

I have tried my best to be as precise as possible however if I have missed out of anything then feel free to ask me and I will answer your questions. I would also request to make the answer as simple as possible so the people who are facing the same issues can get help from you people without taking any extra efforts. Any positive contribution from your end will surely make my day. Thanks in advance.
Old 17-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Master

The pain in your third eye region would indicate a block in that chakra. A few things you can try:

- longer sessions - about an hour each time, to give any blocks in your energy body time to clear and facilitate the flow of prana.

- take a more relaxed approach, such as changing your pose to lying flat on your back and perhaps lifting one or both arms up to ease the flow of energy and help make sure you don't fall asleep

- concentrate on your third eye region and breathe in the energy directing it to that specific spot. You can increase the effect by extending or holding up one arm and placing the palm of your other hand on your forehead. The bottom of your palm is where the energy flows out, place that against your third eye. If you feel buzzing, pressure or some heat, you're doing it right. Try to circulate the energy by concentrating on your breathing.

- another technique you can try is to pinch the skin between the eyebrows with all five fingers of one hand and hold it there for a while. This will create a sucking motion, helping you to draw out any stuck or negative energies that are creating the block.

Good luck
Old 22-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmeditator
Hello Everyone,

I am a new member of this community and happy to be associated with you all. I would need a small help in regards to meditation. So here goes my case:

I fell in love with the idea of meditation around 2 years back and decided to try it. My technique was simple. I used sit with my spinal straight, close my eyes and use earplugs to cut off the external sound. I breathe slowly and deeply. I focus on my breath and if any thoughts come up then I try my best to pass them without any judgment. And then again divert my focus back on my breath.

I used to do this daily for 10 minutes.

Excellent.

Quote:
And here is the problem:

No problem with discipline or commitment. But after few days my head started feeling extremely heavy and it used to pain in center right between my eyebrows - right above the tip of my nose, near Glabella. Moreover, I was not able to sleep. I used to hardly sleep for 2-3 hours a day. Apart from that, I used to feel extremely groggy throughout the time when I was awake and used to also feel less energetic. The lousiness used to also impact my food habits and I was not able to eat much. Initial days were awesome but later such stuff started happening.

However, the moment I stop meditating everything turns OK. In 2 days life is back to normal. No sleep issues, no pain issues, nothing. But if I try again then the same cycle repeats.

Then I decided to change my technique and started following a Japanese technique that can help to relieve stress. Here is what I used to do:

japanese-technique-stress-relief (you can google to know more as I am new and cant post links)

Again all OK initially however after a couple of weeks it started paining and sleep issues. I decided to drop it and everything came back to normal

Now in the span of 2 years, I have tried meditating multiple times, however, every time I try all goes OK for few days and then the issue starts. I have tried around 5-6 times in the last 2 years and failed every time. Even with mindfulness exercise I fail due to same problem

Cause?

I would like to know the cause of this?

Can the technique be wrong? If so then what is the best and simple technique I should follow. An article or a video link or a simple explanation in your words will be helpful.

Also, I do night shifts and sleep during the day. Can this be the reason? If so then does it mean that people who work in night are not allowed to meditate?

The breathing exercise I tried was at 6 am in the morning before I go to sleep but I failed and the Japanese technique I tried at 6 pm in the evening before I go to my work and I failed again. What should be the best time to meditate for people who work in night shifts?

What should be the ultimate reason for such things and how should I overcome it. Has anyone else experienced such stuff?

Most of the people face discipline and commitment issues while meditating, however, I don't have such issues. 10-20 minutes a day is something I would love to give willingly initially. I am open to exploring the world of meditation but this is the only issue I have. And looking forward to solving it.

I have tried my best to be as precise as possible however if I have missed out of anything then feel free to ask me and I will answer your questions. I would also request to make the answer as simple as possible so the people who are facing the same issues can get help from you people without taking any extra efforts. Any positive contribution from your end will surely make my day. Thanks in advance.

Your breathing method is very sound, but The pain, lethargy, sleep and appetite issues you describe are not common at all. They are quite unusual and I haven't a clue what is causing it or what to do about it.
Old 22-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you NoOne and Gem for your contribution. I appreciate it :-)
Old 22-01-2019, 05:13 PM
boshy b. good

finally. am going to ice the head
where the hurt arises is be delicious

choosed a ziploc bag of cold water, or if iced let's
pick up with some pair of socks for hands to
fit on, i tried it tonight and mye roughs of head
be fapped i done this with ice with socks over
on my hands, and i did not stop done this any
more, cheers to this be of use from this post

Last edited by boshy b. good : 23-01-2019 at 01:35 AM.
Old 27-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Knower
I am glad to read this. Not that I enjoy your seeing you in trouble newmeditator, but because I can relate to your experience. The same things have been happening to me. If others have the same situation as me then I guess I am on the right path.
Old 27-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Master

The pain you experience does suggest that there is some kind of block which prevents the energy from flowing freely.

Different methods of breathing stimulate the various pranas in different areas of the body. Where there is a blockage then the energies will build up, creating pressure and manifesting as various physical symptoms. When you stop doing these breathing techniques then the pressure subsides.

You could always try simple meditation techniques while breathing normally, in a relaxed gentle manner. For example, try using a mantra rather than doing any breathwork.

Peace.