Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Experiencer

And I just today received a copy of the second book in the series.

Jim
Old 25-10-2011, 07:41 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Towards the end of the book, though, they all meet with a person who could readily be identified as being Jesus: though he isn't specifically identified as such.

I don't know. . . personally, I'd be delighted having a beautiful, maintenance-free house that cost me nothing, that didn't require heating or lighting or air conditioning, in a world without aging, injury, sickness, death, crime, war, conflict of any sort, where I didn't have to work for a living but where I could work at job(s) that interested me, with an eternity to read books and learn to do the things I never learned to do on earth. . .

. . . sounds good to me!

Jim

It sounds good to me too, Jim! When we pass over all that will be ours should we choose, although it may be that we won't want to stay like that forever! And there's the point.

What we understand about what happens after death is often heavily colored by our current, personal level of spiritual evolvement and often heavily constrained by any conditioning we've experienced during our present earth life.
Old 25-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
It sounds good to me too, Jim! When we pass over all that will be ours should we choose, although it may be that we won't want to stay like that forever! And there's the point.

What we understand about what happens after death is often heavily colored by our current, personal level of spiritual evolvement and often heavily constrained by any conditioning we've experienced during our present earth life.
You got that right.

Jim's vision sounds good to me, also - if I wanted to settle continuing on as human.
If my focus wasn't to be as close to the Godhead as I could - the Divine, the Presence of His Majesty filled with Love and Light....that is...and serving That while being bestowed with Wisdom and Unconditional Love and
to be used at His Will.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-10-2011, 10:44 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You got that right.

Jim's vision sounds good to me, also - if I wanted to settle continuing on as human.
If my focus wasn't to be as close to the Godhead as I could - the Divine, the Presence of His Majesty filled with Love and Light....that is...and serving That while being bestowed with Wisdom and Unconditional Love and
to be used at His Will.

That desire will come in the fulness of time but the desire, the focus, will not achieve by itself....
Old 26-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
That desire will come in the fulness of time but the desire, the focus, will not achieve by itself....
I rely on Grace.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-10-2011, 06:23 AM
glenos

I rely on doing something about it. My life has given me the tools. Now I am using them.

G
Old 26-10-2011, 07:04 AM
mac

The ultimate destination is the same for all of us and we all will reach it.

How long it takes and which route we use matters not.
Old 26-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Darn, I only have the 1st book on pdf...anyone know online where the 2nd one is?
It's here - http://ebookbrowse.com/life-in-the-w...-pdf-d98999563
Old 26-10-2011, 07:47 AM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
The ultimate destination is the same for all of us and we all will reach it.

How long it takes and which route we use matters not.

Yes, the destination is the same... eventually.
How long it takes is important to me. I don't want to be stuck in the lower(ish) spheres. Just because we have the proof mac it doesn't mean that we'll be where we'd like to be.. It takes so much more than just having proof. Learning from lifes lessons then a drop of the ol' service, service, service and a smidge of sacrifice (naturally) because there is no other way that I am aware of of getting to where I want to be. And it seems to be working as I was told so long ago that it would but only when I was ready. Maan they were soo right..

G
Old 26-10-2011, 09:38 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Yes, the destination is the same... eventually.
How long it takes is important to me. I don't want to be stuck in the lower(ish) spheres. Just because we have the proof mac it doesn't mean that we'll be where we'd like to be.. It takes so much more than just having proof. Learning from lifes lessons then a drop of the ol' service, service, service and a smidge of sacrifice (naturally) because there is no other way that I am aware of of getting to where I want to be. And it seems to be working as I was told so long ago that it would but only when I was ready. Maan they were soo right..

G

"The ultimate destination is the same for all of us and we all will reach it. How long it takes and which route we use matters not."

My observation related to the general principle.

Ultimately we all reach the source (God etc) and how long it takes to get there has no impact on our eventual status. Longer or shorter the 'end' is the same.

But it's understandable that an urgency to get there may be felt - or at least to get well on the way to wherever/whatever 'there' is.

I can't relate to "...being stuck in the lower(ish) spheres" The lower/higher designation is simply how we perceive and describe the situation. One precedes the other but every dimension/sphere/level has a unique role and a unique value. In that none are either 'low' or 'high'. And we'll move from one to the other at precisely the right time for ourselves.

A feeling of urgency won't make it happen any quicker.