Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Guide

Dealing with energy draining relationships

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays so far!

I have a quick question, how do you protect yourself from a potential energy vampire?

I have spent a few days with a very close family member, they have always been hard work and I have always felt very drained around them. During their visit I literally struggled to keep my eyes open I felt like I could sleep for a week within 2 hours of them leaving I felt fine and back to my normal self.

This is a very close relative who I fully intend to continue a relationship with (if they werent I would go no contact) so looking for some ideas of methods others use here.
Old 30-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Master
Often people call someone else an 'energy vampire' will the other isn't doing anything in particular. Usually you yourself let your own energy flow away and/or aren't shielding yourself properly. Then blame the other for it.
Many ppl are used to not having shielding and/or letting their energy flow wherever it wants to flow. If you don't manage your own energy system, it'll simply flow from high to low. So if someone else is 'lower' in vibration, your energy will flow to them. Doesn't happen because they drain you, but because you yourself don't manage your own energy.

Don't know if you read or watched "The Celestine Prophecy"? In that you can read/see how most people lean towards the other with their energy when they're interacting.
Learn to not do that anymore... Which is more difficult than it sounds, because we are so used to doing that.
Old 30-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Guide

Thanks FC, I will look into some sheiding excercises, I'm sure I have some in a Dion Fortune book.

Im all for taking responsibility for myself and my own energies. I don't mean to 'blame' the person, they are a teenager I don't think they are aware or if im honest really care about the impact they have on those around them but it is a very real experience and has caused a great deal of problems for the person.

Being involved with this person means you are drawn into what I can only describe as a vortex, this goes for anyone who interacts with them so im not sure it's as simple as a low vibration/high vibration problem.

I would really like to hear from others that have found protection methods for this kind of problem.

I have read that clear quartz can help, any other suggestions are welcome :-D
Old 30-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Master
Hmm... maybe it would be helpful to do a visualisation where you see yourself and them standing opposite of each other and then see what actually is going on.
Is the other drawing energy? If so, is there a specific chakra involved? If so, which of your chakras is involved?
If you have more info that way, you can attempt to do something about it more directly. For instance if the other attaches to your Solar Plexus, you can shield that chakra instead of trying to shield everything.
Also, you can visualise what will happen when you do shield your chakras that are involved.
What is the effect of that on both you and the other?
You can feel that in your body.
Will that help or will the other try to attach to another chakra?
Also, if you got clear which chakras are involved, it might shed some light on why this is happening.
For instance, attaching to someone else's root chakra can be an indication of needing support because they cannot properly support themselves (as in, stand on their own two feet).

As for the rest, you can try to raise your own frequency, flow love through you, become love and hold them in that love. Not seeing their flaws or that maybe they attach to others, but see them for who they really are. Meaning, on a higher level. Meaning you do not look at what is literally in front of you.
Having listened to Abraham Hicks for a while, that is the only way we can heal/help others.
It's also how Jesus healed. He didn't give them any healing energy like we would give medicine, he simply gave them pure, unconditional Love and saw them for who they really were. That helped the other to also be able to tune into their real being and then heal.
Works for physical stuff as well as insecurities etc.

As for crystals.... clear crystal can enhance energies that are present, so it might work the wrong way round.
The most recommended stone for shielding aura etc. is labradorite. Since we mostly interact via our Solar Plexus I'd suggest wearing one there. So you'd have to wear it on a long cord :p
But see if you can get clear via visualisation which chakras are involved (yours and theirs).
Labradorite will work anyways, as it shields the entire aura, removes things that shouldn't be there and closes gaps in the aura etc.
Old 30-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Guide

Thanks FC will give visualisations a go. I have in the past tried to cut the silver 'cord' between us through visualisation it got so bad but it wouldnt work so I guess we still have some stuff to experience together.

I wear labradorite earrings everyday, thats maybe why I recovered so quickly from the recent contact.

I don't expect to heal the other person but I will always give them love and acceptance. I had hoped that since I last seen them they had a wake up call as this was the impression I was given by them over the phone but unfortunately I'm not sure they have even started to work on anything. Its really a shame as they have had every opportunity possible, they could have the world at their feet.

Its amazing what time and patience can do but in the mean time I need to work on protecting myself and my energies ;-)
Old 30-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Suspended
Guide

I take a break from their company by simply excusing myself even if it's to get fresh air ...
Loved ones impact us for a variety of reasons, one is their approval in our treatment of them ...
Old 30-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Guide

Thanks Really
Old 02-01-2017, 06:22 AM
Knower

Well I moved 800-something miles away from my energy vampire. Even though I still have to deal with this person regularly, it does help that she can't show up at my front door anymore.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Master
A visualization that I find helpful is to imagine myself surrounded with cotton wool... I can then visualize any interactions with the other person as being softened/cushioned as the cotton acts as a barrier to energy exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
I don't expect to heal the other person but I will always give them love and acceptance. I had hoped that since I last seen them they had a wake up call as this was the impression I was given by them over the phone but unfortunately I'm not sure they have even started to work on anything. Its really a shame as they have had every opportunity possible, they could have the world at their feet.

This paragraph reads as key for me. Love and acceptance will do a lot in these instances... accepting that their decisions are theirs and their consequences are theirs and have nothing to do with you, y'know? I think we as people tend to want to fix problems and we subconsciously put energy into the fixing (thinking about the problems, talking about them, coming up with various solutions in our minds, despairing when the person doesn't do as we think they should or could). It's an energy funnel and we let it happen if we're not careful.

A little bit of gentle 'tough' love is always worth a thought... "I hear you and I understand your problem is difficult. The thing is, nothing is going to change on it's own. What are you prepared to do now to start changing the situation?". It gently puts the responsibility back where it belongs and this is the only way the other person will become empowered over their own future.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:41 PM
Experiencer
Not to be off topic but I really know that draining feeling very well at the moment energy vamps. I just moved into a room - before I left I was very creative,happy,full of energy - three days here I can barely do anything,I feel utterly drained,dulled,deadened ,no creativity or anything,just flat.have not experienced this in five years.
How do you deal with a room with bad energy when you can't move?

I've heard of using smudge stick,lavender spray,plants etc you could probably use some of those things around them op.
I'd appreciate any advice.